I HATE the 180 Day Booking Window!

cbg1027

Florida Girl
I'm a FL resident and passholder. I don't usually plan trips as far out as most people. Even if I do, I wait until a discount comes out to book the resort.

I'm planning a trip in December, and realized that since I won't have my resort reservation booked when my ADR window opens, I will not get the +10 benefit. I will have to book each day separately, day by day, as the 180 window opens for each day.

I'm just being a spoiled brat and venting...I liked the 90 day ADR window much better. I usually have my resort booked by then so I was able to use the +10 rule.

Anyone else feel the same way?

I personally don't, but if I lived in Florida I'd probably plan spur of the moment trips and the 180 window would be annoying.

I don't like it either. DH has to bid for vacation in Feb of each year. He may not get the weeks we want. So if it's in the first 6+ months of the year we want to go we miss the 180 day window. :headache:

Got really lucky this year and scored an Ohana res just a couple of months out but that's not the norm.

I don't hate it, but I can feel some peoples pain. I believe that a number of seats in each place should be reserved for walk ups. If that can't be done perhaps that same number of seats should be reserved for walk ups/same day ressies.

I don't hate it, but I can feel some peoples pain. I believe that a number of seats in each place should be reserved for walk ups. If that can't be done perhaps that same number of seats should be reserved for walk ups/same day ressies.

I agree about walk ups/same day ressies. I sort of hate the 180 thing. Its great if you can plan that far out. DH does last min business trips and I only have a month or two to plan anything out. Last time to WDW we missed a lot of places we would have like to have eaten at due to they were booked. We got a few dinners between 8:00-9:00pm and that was just to late for us. So we said we wouldn't do that again.

I wonder if 180 helps Disney make more money? It must. Other wise they wouldn't do it. For us we save money on last min trips, because we can't get into places like Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Ohanas, Chef Mickey. Im sure we aren't the only people this happens too. But I think if the locations are booked and as long as their aren't cancelations at the last min, then Disney is makeing money so all is good for them and no so good for us with no res. Oh well.

i know some people love it, but it drives me nuts! i'm planning a trip with our daughter who will be 20 months on the trip and i have no idea what her nap schedule will be in November. should i make lunch adrs or dinner?? i hate being locked in so far in advance. i'm big on planning, but this far in advance is just too much for me. but.....i'm SO excited for the trip, that this little detail is not a big deal.

Personally, I like it. I think ADR's are easier to come by this way, when it has been 90 days it seems so much harder. We live in Florida but usually try to plan ahead. Just yesterday we booked a trip for May b/c DH has a conference and I was able to get everything we wanted, including Le Cellier, with less than 4 weeks to go.

I think it's really only relevant if you are going at a busy time and want the ultrapopular places like Chef Mickeys, Le Cellier, CRT, Coral Reef, California Grill for fireworks or an early Ohana dinner. Anything else you should be able to find something at some time making reservations closer to your trip date, or even during your trip, although maybe not peak dining times. Although even now it depends on the time of year. I just got a Le Cellier lunch on September 4 and am definitely past the 180 day mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter