I have a few noob questions please ...

ZTator

Mouseketeer
I am planning a trip to the Fort and was wondering when I pay for my campsite in full do they send me in the mail all of my campsite information ? Also do you pay pet fee with the campsite cost or do you have to make a special trip to the front desk to pay for it separately ? Also does anyone know can we set up to where all of our Disney charges go to our campsite and then upon leaving just pay cash for everything at once ? Thanks for the help !!

You'll get the campsite info at check in. If you check in ahead, online, you will receive a text with your campsite info. When you go through the gate upon arrival, they'll give you a campground map, activities calendar, etc and tell you where your campsite is.

Pet fee is $5 per day and they will charge it to the card you have on file. In the past, the pet fee has been charged to our account on the day we check in.

You can leave a CC on file, you can add it into your My Disney Experience account and use it for incidentals. You can also set up your Magic Bands to charge against that same card.

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much, so I gather when you pay off your campground stay you don't receive your campsite and park information until you get there ? Thanks so much!!

Thank you very much, so I gather when you pay off your campground stay you don't receive your campsite and park information until you get there ? Thanks so much!!
That's correct.

As far as paying with cash, if you do online check in, it requires a card and they charge your card for the balance of your site plus an extra $100 for incidentals. If you want to pay cash, I would recommend getting some gift cards and have them added to your account...I have never done this so hopefully someone who has more knowledge on the subject will jump in with the how to on that.

Thanks, I was actually thinking of getting a Disney Visa and just using that for our trip and paying it off soon as I get home due to the fact the interest rate is astronomical . Would like to pay in cash but not the biggest of deals. Thanks for all the help !!

Good question but I don't know , I want to say I doubt it , maybe someone that has been can let us know .

I've never had them charge me an additional fee for our pet. And believe me, Hydee would stick her nose out the window at check-in looking for a treat from the CM. So they always knew she was with us.
Pets are welcome at all campsites except tents (and I think pop-up sites). There are not any "pet-loops" anymore, though you will see references to them occasionally.
Cabins have different pet rules, and I don't know what those are since we RV it when we are there.
Hope this helps

Pet fee, sometimes i am charged and sometimes i am not. As for pet free sites, nope. Any site could have had a pet on it. You could have a pet next to you.

Oh I gotcha you are looking for a campsite that doesn't allow pets, due to allergies . Sorry I misunderstood your question. Best to bring your allergy meds, nature can be rough with every kind of thing you can think of, good luck !!

Pet fee, sometimes i am charged and sometimes i am not. As for pet free sites, nope. Any site could have had a pet on it. You could have a pet next to you.

Kris is correct, all loops are pet loops now.

Aal400, I've never run across a pet free campground, that's why many of us enjoy camping, we can bring the whole family camping, easier than a Hotel stay

Kris is correct, all loops are pet loops now.

Aal400, I've never run across a pet free campground, that's why many of us enjoy camping, we can bring the whole family camping, easier than a Hotel stay
CM clean all the sites so well after each one is vacated that allergies should not be a problem. They dont just blow sites, they wash them. I have cat allergies and never an issue. Bring a little Oxy Clean if you worry.

All loops are pet friendly now. But, here' s a tip. Don't place any signage, flags, Disney stuff at the end of your site. We learned the hard smelly stinky way that "little kids" walk Grandma and Grandpa's precious little floppsie and lets them pee all over your cute little display. Trust me-when you are not there, even when you are there, it happens. Being allergic to animals the solution is simple. Just place your Disney/Camper flag further back on the site just not at the end where they walk by. Your sign becomes the neighborhood fire hydrant-LOL!

Thanks, I was actually thinking of getting a Disney Visa and just using that for our trip and paying it off soon as I get home due to the fact the interest rate is astronomical . Would like to pay in cash but not the biggest of deals. Thanks for all the help !!

I agree with using gift cards, if you want to go the cash route.

Here's a tip for you... I have recently seen in a few other groups that the $360 Disney Gift Card at Target is on sale for $350 right now. Plus, if you have a Red Card (credit or debit), you can get another 5% off the price of the GC. That $360 GC ends up costing you $332.50. I think the $360 card is the only one on sale right now (possibly the $500 also), and you have to go into the store and hunt for it. Some have found it with the greeting cards. I'm going to Target later today to hunt for the cards.

Then you should be able to call in and have them apply the GC to your reservation. You'll need a CC on file if you want to use your MBs to pay for incidentals, food at parks, souvenirs, etc.

As for dogs, they charge a $5 fee each day you're there. It's hit or miss whether or not they add it.

Like the others have mentioned, all loops are pet friendly now. If you want to steer somewhat clear of dogs, I'd try to avoid the 400/500 loop area as it's next to the Dog Park.

I am allergic to dogs and cats and want to stay in campground
Call the front desk 4 or 5 days before you arrive and request to be placed away from animals. Tell them about your allergies. They will do their best to accommodate you. Read up on the dog policies and don't be afraid to speak up if you see dogs where they are not allowed (ie. pool, stores, Comfort Station, Laundry room, etc) You shouldn't get sick because others are breaking the rules. Have a nice time!

Last edited:
All loops are pet friendly now. But, here' s a tip. Don't place any signage, flags, Disney stuff at the end of your site. We learned the hard smelly stinky way that "little kids" walk Grandma and Grandpa's precious little floppsie and lets them pee all over your cute little display. Trust me-when you are not there, even when you are there, it happens. Being allergic to animals the solution is simple. Just place your Disney/Camper flag further back on the site just not at the end where they walk by. Your sign becomes the neighborhood fire hydrant-LOL!
That's disgusting! And this is why Ft Wilderness used to smell like flowers and trees; and now smells like dog pee and poop.

Beachmama13 thank you so much for the tips I will def look into some gift cards. And Breezy2 , I can see your point of view, I really can, BUT not every pet owner lets their pets wiz on other people's site. We are avid travelers with our dog and I would say MOST people take their pets to the dog park or dog area without pit stops along the way to pee on people's sites. I would say for the most part pet owners just like you respect our neighbors.

Let's not turn this into a pet thread that's gonna end up getting locked. Please.

ZTator, your recent question has been correctly answered.

So your signature says you're planning for a WDW visit in 2021? What time of year do you want to visit?

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter