I have a two part question? What are my chances?

dvcdudes

Mouseketeer
I currently have a ressie for March 2002 (the week before Easter). I am thinking about changing this to January (Week of Martin Luther King Day). I am looking for a 1 bedroom (std view if possible).
Now for the questions:
  1. What are the park crowds like during March (the week *before* Easter)?
  2. What are the park crowds like during January (MLK Week)?
  3. What are my odds on getting this new ressie? (low point season, I think means a lot of DVC'ers go at this time)
    [/list=1]
    OK... It's 3 questions. Sorry.

2 weeks ago, I tried to make reservations for anything in early Dec. There was nothing available Dec 5-9. The CM asked if we could come in Jan. because there were openings that month. So, hopefully you should still be able to get something then.

You won't know whether you can get January until you call. Fairly busy DVC season but there is some chance although somewhat less for std view at BWV.

As to crowds. January has light crowds in comparison to any other times of year and the MLK holiday adds some crowds but still very doable with relative ease.

Week before and of Easter are two of the three most crowded weeks of the year along with Christmas week. Crowds then will be close to 4 times what you will see in Jan. It is the difference in entering MK and looking down Main Street and seeing people but a lot open space (in Jan) and seeing nothing but a sea of people with no open space (Easter weeks).

WOW. I thought the week before Easter wouldn't be so bad. I guess this makes my decission to switch easier. I guess I will have to call first thing Tuesday Morning.

Does anyone else have any more input? We usually go during Presidents week in February so we are used to crowds. I didn't think it could be much worse than that.

How's the weather during both of these times?

We have been several times in January and have hit cool weather and warm weather. Other than one trip we were able to wear shorts during the day and pants at night. The one cool trip was really cool. We had turtlenecks and sweatshirts, actually scraping frost off the car window one morning. My suggestion is to pack a mix of clothes so you're covered. January is one of our favorite months because you don't hit large crowds. March is always crowded because you either hit the college breaks and/or school breaks.
The only reason we switched from January to March is because our winters are getting longer and we hated coming back to the rest of a long winter. Now in March we know warm weather is around the corner for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter