I have a WDW resort reservation and I want to remove a couple of days to depart earlier than planned.

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
I have a WDW resort reservation and I want to remove a couple of days to depart earlier than planned.

Does modifying the reservation delete the original reservation?

I don't want to lose this reservation if I have to rely on new availability for the days I wanted to stay.

Especially with the lack of availability I see online.

Or does it just allow me to remove a couple of days without having to search for new available days?

Modifying the reservation online will not cancel it. If you are extra nervous, you can call and a cast member can do it for you and make sure the days you want are safe. I'm a serial date/resort changer and have never had an issue using the online service.

Modifying the reservation online will not cancel it. If you are extra nervous, you can call and a cast member can do it for you and make sure the days you want are safe. I'm a serial date/resort changer and have never had an issue using the online service.

Thank you. I'll try online first.

You may have to check and resubmit your Magic Band request after you modify though. I changed our reservation to add a day and it deleted the MB details I had previously put in.

I recently modified a reservation at POP, but I had to call. I was unable to modify online.Modifications do not delete the original reservation, your confirmation number stays the same. Only the details of the reservation change (ie: check in and/or checkout dates). You will get an email that makes it seem like it is a brand new reservation, but that is not really the case.
I added a day at the beginning and deleted a day at the end of my reservation. I was able to add a park reservation for the new day and I just cancelled the day I was no longer going to be there. All the park reservations for the"in between" days remained on MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!