"I LIVE Here! I Know What I'm Doing!" A Family Reunion for a Very Disney Christmas (COMPLETE)

Add me to the list of people super surprised with how much you accomplished on Christmas Day!! We were vacationing over Christmas, but we hit Universal for Christmas Day itself, and it turned out to be a great choice because the crowds were shockingly low for Christmas. But Disney was apparently much worse that day.

Your new furball is absolutely precious and I love her. Gah.

Sounds like you had a tiring work night on Christmas, but also had some high points!

I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND, I AM OB SESS ED WITH SCHUYLER. SHE IS SUCH A BUNDLE OF JOY AND I WANT HER AND ROXIE TO HAVE A PLAYDATE. Actually, just kidding because Roxie is a gremlin and I don't want her socializing with other dogs but I love Schuyler and want to meet her someday.

Lol, that comment took a turn. I'm sure Roxie would still love Schuyler and be very confused why she seeing her B&W twin (although dogs do see in B&W... nvm)

Reading about your Christmas Day shift has me #shook. Looking back, it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be, but it was a #roughera at the time. I'm glad your Christmas went the way it did, even though it was a long day, I'm really happy that you got to spend it with your family and work didn't seem too bad!

It was a rough era. I think I blocked out most of the really awful parts. Taking on that Recycle run was a blessing in disguise because it made the beginning of the shift go by SO fast and the rest was pretty smooth sailing (and having BatB on in the TLand Break Room was another real blessing (and having a lot of people I LIKE working with there)).

(also I'm double posting to bump the page count to 5 :ssst:)

YOU QUEEN :cutie:

SO. MUCH. CUTENESS.

200.gif

Add me to the list of people super surprised with how much you accomplished on Christmas Day!! We were vacationing over Christmas, but we hit Universal for Christmas Day itself, and it turned out to be a great choice because the crowds were shockingly low for Christmas. But Disney was apparently much worse that day.

Because all the tourists want to be at a more family-friendly magical place. If I were to go again, Universal or a resort day would be my choice. Not about that MK or any Disney Park on Christmas Day life anymore.

Your new furball is absolutely precious and I love her. Gah.

Thank you! We already love her so so much.

Sounds like you had a tiring work night on Christmas, but also had some high points!

It was, but it wasn't as bad as I thought and I had the next day off to spend with the Fam so it made the night go by rather quickly (also, BatB on TV #blessed)

Your puppy is so cute, congrats!

I can't imagine how tough it is to work on a holiday. Was nice that you were all able to have a moment for yourselves and enjoy B&tB!

So cute that your fam was able to see you at work! Glad the rest of your night went well :)

Ah- how fun for your family to see you at work! Glad it wasn't too bad of a night.

Can't wait to hear about that other theme park. ;) I haven't been since '14 and am itching to go back!

Your puppy is so cute, congrats!

She is! Thank you! :cutie:

I can't imagine how tough it is to work on a holiday. Was nice that you were all able to have a moment for yourselves and enjoy B&tB!

Yeah, it was a rough night, but overall a great and memorable day. BatB definitely helped put the rough things into perspective too.

So cute that your fam was able to see you at work! Glad the rest of your night went well :)

It was, except I ended up blocking a pathway lol But I was glad they saw me in my element. Truly a practically perfect day.

Ah- how fun for your family to see you at work! Glad it wasn't too bad of a night.

It was a nice surprise (even if I was gross, sweaty and tired lol), but the night went by really fast and didn't drag as much as I thought it would.

Can't wait to hear about that other theme park. ;) I haven't been since '14 and am itching to go back!

Oh, I have SOOO much to tell, be prepared! And you'll DEF have to plan a return trip ASAP. :thumbsup2

6df850a9da5ba53e0cdda3ddaefa5150.gif

Ok so been trying to quote on here for days but always some issue with the Dis going down at 4am or pages not loading right. I even reread one post because the night I originally read it photos wouldn't come up.

I am amazed at how much you got done on Christmas day. I'm sure it is one you'll never forget.

You guys are so cute and I love your quirkiness. The new pup is adorbs.

We had given our hugs goodbye (I swear they were less awkward than these photos suggest) and went on our way.
LOL they did look akward, but it was just the timing.

I'm the adult male version of the little girl who back-sassed Gaston, saying the Beast was going to be with Belle and not him for like ten minutes.
I about died laughing when I read this. I love that video.

SELFIE (but he's an Elf so... Elfie).
LOL

pixiedust: UNIVERSAL! pixiedust:
NOOOOOOOO the dark side.

On FB I follow a guy down there in Orlando called the character queen. He also love M&G's has several great vids of them. He's hilarious most of the time.
Loving your TR.

6df850a9da5ba53e0cdda3ddaefa5150.gif

Ok so been trying to quote on here for days but always some issue with the Dis going down at 4am or pages not loading right. I even reread one post because the night I originally read it photos wouldn't come up.

I am amazed at how much you got done on Christmas day. I'm sure it is one you'll never forget.

Omg I LOVE the Thumper blingee, it's so CUTE.

I believe at 4am is when they do routine site maintenance, it's always down at that time. I'm glad you finally were able to catch up tho!

Oh for sure, I was so happy with how it went all things considering.

You guys are so cute and I love your quirkiness. The new pup is adorbs.

Thank you, we try. :goodvibes And thank you, she is the cutest ever!

LOL they did look akward, but it was just the timing.

Yeah, also I'm like very gentle in general hugging princesses and the angle was just awful lol

I about died laughing when I read this. I love that video.

Everyone was tagging me in them for MONTHS when it was a thing. And that one was the most memorable.

LOL

NOOOOOOOO the dark side.

They have cookies tho (and Butterbeer)!

On FB I follow a guy down there in Orlando called the character queen. He also love M&G's has several great vids of them. He's hilarious most of the time.
Loving your TR.

Oh I know who you're talking about. He's been very quiet as of late. He was pretty funny and entertaining.

Glad you're enjoying it so far! :)

what a nice time with your family!

Loved your parade pics

Sweet that they came to see you when you were working!

So I'm a little late to your report but I'm LOVING it so far! I love that you have such a unique perspective since you're a CM and your family is just awesome! I can't wait to read more! :figment:

:welcome: Glad you could join!

It really does change your view of things, but I have such a new appreciation for the parks and thank you, we try lol I'll be updating very soon! (Love the rare choice of emoji, Figment is my FAVE)

Hello humans!!!!!!!

I am... tired.

I'm straight off essentially an 8 day work week and I. Am. POOPED. So glad to finally have the day off just to rest and do nothing even if it is one of the first days in awhile for the sun to actually be out. Just my luck.

giphy.gif

HOWEVER, I do have exciting news!

This past week, I ordered and thus (earlier than expected) received my...

TICKETS TO LADY GAGA'S JOANNE WORLD TOUR!!!!

26gswznBD1GabA0YE.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

video-lady-gaga-john-wayne-2017-umomag.gif

If you haven't realized already, I'm a HUGE Gaga fan/Little Monster. I've been a fan forever and had yet to see her live. Now I have tickets to go see her in Boston, with my mumsy, of course, and I could not be more pumped. We got TURF SEATING (which cost me nearly two paychecks basically) and it'll be another concert where I am able to drink. Total Grigio girls we shall be. Oh, it will be a night to remember FOR SURE!

giphy.gif

I also have some other potentially exciting news, but nothing's been confirmed or decided upon. There will be another big announcement coming in due time and trust me, this will have you all shook.

giphy.gif

Until then, let's get on with the update...

Universal First Timers #DiagonAlleyShooketh
December 26th, 2016

It was another big day for the Fam as we were going to

pixiedust: UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT! pixiedust:

Spending the Holidays in Disney is one thing but my sisters have NEVER been to Universal. My mom went a long long time ago, probably around when the likes of Kongfrontation and Jaws The Ride were opening. She hadn't been since and was so eager to go because Harry Potter. As I mentioned earlier in my introductions, I was raised on Harry Potter. My mom read me the first one every night before I went to bed when I was learning how to read. I didn't really read them all myself until much much later and it was only by the 6th movie that I had actually read the book prior to the movie (I mean, we could count the first, but I didn't exactly finish it before I saw the movie), but the Pottermania was real. I had to have EVERYTHING and as a result, many Potter memorabilia is gathering dust, including multiple wands, robes, Harry Potter lego displays, notebooks, the works. The need lay dormant post-Deathly Hallows Part Two, but re-awoke when WWoHP opened as well as the recent release of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them (which I saw twice in the first week (partly because Eddie Redmayne :love:)). I'd only been to Universal one other time during my program and that was really just for Halloween Horror Nights so I was glad I got to go at least one more time to really see it all. I had seen basically everything minus Jurassic Park prior to this, but Universal isn't always a one-day adventure and you can always go back to enjoy more, very much in the same vein as Disney. Also, honestly you sometimes need a break from the magic.

Enough of my rambling about excitement, let's get right down to it.

My mom had reserved a Mears shuttle to come pick us up from Pop to get to Universal. I believe the shuttle was supposed to get there around 9:30 or 10ish and I think park opening was at like 10. I'm not sure, I'm probably wrong. Anyways, I was at Vista Way (the apartment complex I stayed at during my College Program) and I needed to get to Pop. As a result, not a lot of sleep from the crazy day before, but I got up bright early and hopped on a bus to Pop to get to my family prior to catching our Mears shuttle.

By the time I got to Pop and thus my family's room, everyone was mostly ready except my mom who opted to go last. Typical. I was there pretty ahead of time so it was no rush. While we waited, I got the update on what happened after my family came to visit me while I was working. Apparently, they ended up going on Carousel of Progress which they LOVED. My nerdy Disney soul was singing over this. They were really feeling the day catching up with them so after they headed out. No M3C or fireworks. Apparently, the fireworks were going off as they left, but they never got to see Holiday Wishes in full. Alas, to this day, nobody in my family has seen a Magic Kingdom fireworks show (aside from me, of course). But with some negatives come positives and my family was visibly well-rested and ready to go. In the time while we waited for people to finished getting ready and such, Siobhan ran down to grab us a little grub. I grabbed a quick cereal before and I'm not a big breakfast person so I opted out, but bagels and muffins were abound for the females of the party. We also needed to refill their refillable mugs they had had but forgot to mention because YEAH DIDN’T THINK THIS WAS BECOMING TR SORRY.

* ahem *

Mom and I headed out to grab all that as well as get something for Siobhan’s stomach. She was having an iffy morning. This lead to the one bad CM interaction of our trip.

To preface this, CM discounts can only be used by the CM themselves. It’s a very strict rule. A week before this trip, one of my good friends from home came down to visit me as well as her roommate and we realized when she was buying some Christmas ears that I had the best discount. However, we couldn’t just drop it on her so the CM working the place told us that if my friend gave me the money out of his view, I could buy it for her and it would be all good. Literally, we had to hide in a corner like drug dealers, exchanging money so that we could use my discount. Thank goodness that CM was so awesome and we had a good laugh about it. Bless CMs who are always helpful.

Unfortunately, not every CM was like that. My mom asked to use my discount so I said sure. However, I forgot to mention that I had to pay for it all myself. We went to the Pop Century gift shop, found the Pepto for Siobhan and went on over to a counter to check-out. My mom put this one little thing on the counter. The CM behind the counter then asked my mom to MOVE IT CLOSER TO HER. These counters are not big, but she literally asked us TO MOVE IT CLOSER SO SHE WOULDN’T HAVE TO. When we did, SHE EVEN WAS GUIDING US ON TO HOW CLOSE SHE WANTED IT TO HER. This transaction was already going south. The lady didn’t even smile once. We were ready to pay, I handed my blue ID to get the discount then my mom put down her money. Now, I feel the normally response to this little mistake would be to correct us on the fact that I had to pay, however this woman shoved the money back at my mom along with my ID and said in a very angry manner, “Discount cancelled. Only the Cast Member can pay.” Like she borderline threw it at us. I mean, I know that I made a mistake in not telling my mom, but this was rude. She didn’t know and it’s not like it is uncommon for family or friends to use a CM discount. My mom was shocked and angered, I tried to calm her down and was ready just to pay for it myself, but she decided to cancel the order and we walked away.

My mom was pretty livid about this and frankly I was very disappointed in that CM’s behavior. My entire program I had never been treated that way. Literally the day before my sister and I didn’t know my mom’s pin, but that CM, instead of turning us away, which I was more than willing to do, she called her coordinator over to fix it for us. This CM almost threw it in our faces, not willing to maybe help us out like the one who helped me about a week ago. Normally, I just let these things slide, but I happened to see a leader out-of-the-corner of my eye and was so ready to call this CM out for her behavior and get her a Courtesy reprimand because it really wasn’t cool. I understand it’s the holidays, things are hectic most days, I don’t know what’s going on with people but some things are uncalled for no matter what and you’re a Disney CM, you’re supposed to HELP the guest like as much as you can. Like say a guest asked me about something that I didn’t know the answer to, the proper response was to FIGURE IT OUT or give them at least some helpful answer. This woman just got away with not doing her job whatsoever. Ugh, but I let it go, our day had just begun, no need to go all “I need to speak with your manager” level crazy.

When Siobhan and Alyssa got to Classic Hall, I told my mom to give me money and I would buy Siobhan her Pepto. Siobhan joined me and we went to a much much nicer and friendlier CM at a different counter, I think she even complimented me on my shirt. After that, we were finally ready for the day. Alyssa and Siobhan chowed down on their bagels as we headed out to the bus pick-up loop in front of Classic Hall.

We waited a bit and our Mears bus showed up right on time. The driver we had was super duper friendly and nice. We had the best lucks with drivers today, but I'm getting ahead of myself. There was one other family besides us in the little shuttle and they were being dropped off at SeaWorld. They were nice, but what was even nicer having the car to ourselves on our way to Universal. I don't remember too much about our driver, not even his name, which I'm sad about because he was really great. He played a lot of fun music for us, sang along and we really got to know him well. Of course, my mom spilled the beans about being a Cast Member so that was neat to talk about. I think he said he was a former CM, but I don't remember. All I know is that it was a very enjoyable and quick car ride.

Eventually, after getting through Universal's airport security and CityWalk, we were here!

We went to the Universal side first because we had to go pick up our tickets at Will Call. Will Call at Universal is so nice because they have Kiosks. Unfortunately, the system of lining up to get to them is a bit messy and we had some issues getting the code up on my phone for our tickets, but we did it and voila: OUR KEY TO UNIVERSAL FUN!

If you didn't notice, Universal was also celebrating Christmastime! They had a special parade as well as this Grinchmas going on in Seussland over at Islands of Adventure. We weren't particularly keen on taking advantage of all that stuff because it really was a new experience for my mom and my sisters (again, Universal is VERY different from when my mom was last here -- no Islands of Adventure) so we did mostly what the group wanted and a Macy's parade along with a re-enactment of the Grinch story weren't on our list. I also wasn't crazy about Universal Entertainment. Some things were really good, right up with Disney, but a lot was just too messy and really didn't cater to my interests.

Tickets in hand however, we went right on into the park. We were almost stopped immediately as we stepped in to get our pic at the front. My mom was all about it, but I was kinda ready to drag the Fam off to Diagon Alley to do that before the crowds came in (although it was well past park opening at this point). My mom eventually nixed that plan and onward we went. Bathroom breaks however were in order. It was a LONG car ride. Luckily I was already pretty versed in some of Universal's locales and knew exactly where they were.

After Mother Nature's calling was answered, we were back on track and came out to this (click to watch)...

IT WAS THE DELOREAN AND DOC BROWN!

I'm a HUGE movie buff and Back to the Future is one of my FAVES. I only saw it for the first time rather recently, but I've watched it many a time since. When this happened, I was hardcore fangirling and stood around and watched to see what he would do. Obviously, the Delorean is a VERY hard-to-maintain vehicle so Doc had to take care of some things, which involved the flux capacitor. Of course, he got a little residue on him, something radioactive and wiped it off on the sweatshirt I had wrapped around my waist.

I

Was

#SHOOKETH.

For those of you who haven't caught up on my "lingo", shook or shooketh is basically a term that is akin to being awestruck or stunned by something as I was by Doc Brown showing up in the DeLorean in Universal out of nowhere.

Anyways, Doc then started lining up for pictures, which I so wanted to do, but my family was not about that life and Diagon Alley was far more a priority so we continued that way, leaving my favorite mad scientist behind.

As we were going through the New York City area of Studios, we stopped to look at the MASSIVE Christmas tree that Universal had. I had seen many at Disney, but this was something else. Photos do NOT do it justice.

While we were admiring it, this family came up to us asking if we could take their picture. We happily obliged. After taking it, they also offered to take ours. We were sure we weren't going to get this offer often so we did. We were also talking about getting pics of us in front of the tree so we thought this would be a good opportunity for that.

Peep Jimmy Fallon still undergoing construction, the Disney refillable mug and my Ravenclaw tee

Well, we tried.

After that, we continued on our way straight on to Diagon Alley, not stopping for much. When we got to Diagon Alley, I stopped my family so I could film their reactions upon walking in. I know that my face seeing Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade were priceless, especially Diagon Alley since it really is something else. With that, I present to you the most accurate and perfect representation of one seeing Heaven for the first time: https://www.instagram.com/p/BOfIF1KhDhO/?taken-by=thatdisneykween

#DiagonAlleySHOOKETH

It still gets me to be quite honest. Diagon Alley is PERFECTION. There really is no other fantastical recreation like it. It's truly like you've stepped into the movie, I am always so stunned.

I was so ready to get my Butterbeer on and get this day on. So where to first?

I mean, you HAVE to open a vault at Gringotts before actually spending all your money in the Wizarding world. Pfft, such newbs!

The area was already pretty packed and I believe the wait said an hour, but we were still going to brave it. Lockers were first order of business since we had a lot of luggage on us. I honestly am NOT a fan of the locker system in theme parks. Six Flags is another park that does this and honestly none of them have been able to perfect it. I know it is necessary, but the pushing shoving, small spaces for a whole lot of people... like there must be a better way of doing this, right? RIGHT?

Well, whatever, we got through it and then decided to hop into Single Rider. Single Rider is usually my go-to when it comes to beating those crazy waits. However, single rider at Universal is not nearly as effective as it is in Disney. Yes, there are more of them in Universal, but they get backed up quickly and they just don't know how to merge it as well as Disney. Gringotts especially in comparison to other rides. They also put it in the tiniest of hallways. Again, small spaces. After awhile and realizing, we weren't really getting to see all the wonderful Gringotts decor. I mean, this is a video of us walking to the Single Rider corridor.

Click on pic!

Yup, just a quick blip and then dark, tiny hallway. We were over it and decided to hop out of it after a few minutes and go into the standby queue. The standby queue didn't fair much better, but the good thing about that queue is it IS constantly moving and we got to see all of the details. The line was taking advantage of the entire queue so we were outside for awhile, but eventually, we ended up on the inside where we could really enjoy the beautiful main hall of Gringotts.

Those chandeliers are just SOOOOOO magnificent. Ugh and the animatronic goblins are pretty cool, especially with all their side convos carrying over the din. Another video link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BPIgcQ3hUcC/?taken-by=thatdisneykween

The queue really just continues on and on from there. You end up heading down to the vaults. We were behind this family that when we got to a certain spot ended up getting their pictures taken. We're still not sure what that was about, but they weirdly stepped out of line and we were quite confused by it. After that, you are then brought into the pre-show office of Bill Weasley.

Click to watch!

The storyline is essentially pulled directly from the film, a weird change from the more immersive style of Forbidden Journey where you're getting to be apart of a new story in the Potterverse. It's where you are trying to sneak into Bellatrix Lestrange's vault to find the horcrux, except Bill is in on it this time? I don't remember that being a thing from the book or films,
but we'll go with it.

The queue continues to wind on-and-on from there, where you have to take a twisting staircase up to the loading platform, which I thought was very interesting, but omg did it look so cool.
For real, you straight up were in Gringotts up there.

After a long, but engaging wait, we had rode the ride. Our thoughts? We all really enjoyed it. My family was so shook by it all. They thought it was just so much fun. I wasn't too stunned by it.
I still think Forbidden Journey is the better of the two just based on storyline and uniqueness of the ride vehicles. I couldn't wait to get back to Hogwarts to show them Forbidden Journey because I knew for sure they would understand why I liked it better.

After getting our stuff out of the lockers at Gringotts, we tried looking for where the ride photo was. Come to find out, there was no ride photo. Oh well, we decided to do some more exploring around Diagon Alley instead, checking out some of the shops and other neat things. I believe we went into the Weasley joke shop, but don't quote me on it. After, we felt we better keep on moving so we decided to hitch a ride out of London into Hogsmeade. Tapping the bricks, in the correct order, we exited Hogsmeade and got in line at King's Cross. We had double park tickets so King’s Cross was a must and covering both sides of WWoHP was top priority. This ride on the Hogwarts Express would be another first for all of us. Yeah, it took that long for Hogwarts to FINALLY send us our letters through the Owl Post.

Iconic.

While we weaved through King's Cross stations, we were feeling a bit famished and made a quick stop at the general store for some food to hold us over. A bit on the expensive side, but it was so nice to have that in a queue. Eventually, we got to the wall between Platforms 9 and 10, the entrance to Platform 9 3/4.

Click to watch!

"Best to do it at a run if you're nervous."

Coming out on the other side, we were blessed with this beautiful sight!

HEDWIG!

Loading was a bit of a mess for us since my mom could not pay attention for the life of her. Also, because nobody else was listening besides apparently my sisters and I. And they think millennials are destroying everything. Pfft pfft PFFFFFTTTT

Soon enough, we were able to squish in to our little train cart. It's a 6 to a room so it was us along with another couple.

Oh yay for candid shots. If only these photos moved like they did in the Wizarding world.

The ride from King's Cross to Hogsmeade station is a rather dark one so I don't have many pics or vids unfortunately. A lot was going down though. Harry and friends were there. The trolley lady came around with snacks. A dementor boarded the train. A chocolate frog got loose. Good times and really made the journey feel much shorter than it was 10/10 would recommend. Here's one quick vid:

Click to watch!

However, it was time to disembark for Hogsmeade and subsequently, The Hogwarts School of Witchcraft of Wizardry!

*belts loudly*

"GOTTA GET BACK TO HOGWARTS! GOTTA GET BACK TO SCHOOL!"

giphy.gif

Continued Here

Last edited:
I have so much to say about this post! :love:

giphy.gif

So much love for your Gaga-ing!

recent release of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them (which I saw twice in the first week (partly because Eddie Redmayne :love:)
We were at Universal the day it was released-- so fun to watch it with a pile of other Potterheads with wands and robes. And, yes Eddie Redmayne!

Apparently, they ended up going on Carousel of Progress which they LOVED. My nerdy Disney soul was singing over this.
I have all the love for this!!! CoP is always a must do! And that your fam found it on their own and loved it- even better!

I got up bright early
You got up bright and early, eh? :p

My mom was pretty livid about this and frankly I was very disappointed in that CM’s behavior.
giphy.gif
:( I'm glad you found a better CM to help you later.

IT WAS THE DELOREAN AND DOC BROWN!
Errrrmehgerrrrd! How freaking cool!?!?!? I am so jelly.
giphy.gif

#DiagonAlleySHOOKETH
Yes. Like, jaw on the floor the first time shooketh!

The queue really just continues on and on from there.
And on and on and on... we had to leave the line the first time we tried to ride this because we were too... hydrated and couldn't make it. And then when you think you're going to ride, the line still keeps going!

I wasn't too stunned by it. I still think Forbidden Journey is the better of the two just based on storyline and uniqueness of the ride vehicles.
Completely agree with you!!! We were blown away by Forbidden Journey. Like, rode it and immediately had to get back in line to ride again. Gringotts was cool, but not nearly as awesome and immersive as Forbidden Journey.

I just love your updates! :woohoo:

Last edited:
Very excited for your and your Lady Gaga life experience coming up!! Also, I'm intrigued by whatever news you've yet to reveal...

Universal/Harry Potter love is STRONG in this post! I love it!

Also really enjoyed your Very Potter Musical reference :)

:welcome: Glad you could join!

It really does change your view of things, but I have such a new appreciation for the parks and thank you, we try lol I'll be updating very soon! (Love the rare choice of emoji, Figment is my FAVE)

Figment is actually the love of my life, he's way too underrated in my opinion

Plus I'm LOVING your pics of WWoHP, I've never had any real interest in Universal but I need to go visit just to see this area. My little Hufflepuff heart would be so happy :love:

I have so much to say about this post! :love:

giphy.gif

So much love for your Gaga-ing!

I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE HER YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW (and omg more iconic music videos about iconic men BLESS)

We were at Universal the day it was released-- so fun to watch it with a pile of other Potterheads with wands and robes. And, yes Eddie Redmayne!

Lol and I was working at MK :upsidedow If only I had my wand then, I would've brought it when I first saw it. And oh yes, Eddie Redmayne erryday.

I have all the love for this!!! CoP is always a must do! And that your fam found it on their own and loved it- even better!

I was so pleasantly shocked. My family is picky when it comes to rides and I felt they would see CoP as a napping place but they LOVED it. So so proud.

You got up bright and early, eh? :p

IT WAS A ONE TIME THING. Did I say I enjoyed it? NO.

giphy.gif
:( I'm glad you found a better CM to help you later.

Still can't believe that happened. Luckily, it was amazing CMs thereon out.

Errrrmehgerrrrd! How freaking cool!?!?!? I am so jelly.
giphy.gif

It was! I'm so sad though that I didn't ask to wait in line to get a pic with him.

Yes. Like, jaw on the floor the first time shooketh!

IT WAS. Did you not see Alyssa's face? They were BLOWN away.

And on and on and on... we had to leave the line the first time we tried to ride this because we were too... hydrated and couldn't make it. And then when you think you're going to ride, the line still keeps going!

The queue is pretty cool all things aside, but omg talk about never-ending. I'll be taking the single rider line next time.

Completely agree with you!!! We were blown away by Forbidden Journey. Like, rode it and immediately had to get back in line to ride again. Gringotts was cool, but not nearly as awesome and immersive as Forbidden Journey.

I just love your updates! :woohoo:

Forbidden Journey is on some other level, it is truly amazing. I will never understand how it and Gringotts could be seen as level. Gringotts is just an updated track version of Spider-Man. #allteaallshade

I'm glad you enjoy them! I'll be posting more soon!

Very excited for your and your Lady Gaga life experience coming up!! Also, I'm intrigued by whatever news you've yet to reveal...

It still hasn't set in that I'm going to see her. I'm so over the moon. And I'm glad your intrigued because that announcement might come sooner rather than later.

Universal/Harry Potter love is STRONG in this post! I love it!

SO strong! It makes me want to go back.

Also really enjoyed your Very Potter Musical reference :)

YAAAAASSS

tumblr_ntu964oCpD1uf42dso1_250.gif

Figment is actually the love of my life, he's way too underrated in my opinion

omg SAME. I went as him for Halloween (two MNSSHP parties) then I have photos of me kissing my Figment plush in front of his ride at the beginning of my college program and at the end. I love love love love LOOOOOVVVEEE Figment. :figment::figment::figment:

Plus I'm LOVING your pics of WWoHP, I've never had any real interest in Universal but I need to go visit just to see this area. My little Hufflepuff heart would be so happy :love:

While I don't love Universal as much as I do Disney (for many reasons), it's really worth it just to see the other side and WWoHP is something else. I highly recommend.

Also...

tumblr_lst5n3DI7W1r0rr8co1_500.gif

Wow, that CM sounds SO rude! I'm glad you didn't let it ruin your morning and you eventually were able to make your purchase.

Universal looks so pretty all decked out for the holidays!

I love your fam's reaction to Diagon Alley- so genuine!

What a fun morning so far!!

omg SAME. I went as him for Halloween (two MNSSHP parties) then I have photos of me kissing my Figment plush in front of his ride at the beginning of my college program and at the end. I love love love love LOOOOOVVVEEE Figment. :figment::figment::figment:

Thats so awesome! It's funny, I was literally telling my boyfriend last night that I wanted to dress up as Figment for my first MNSSHP this year but have no idea how to go about it!

I actually cannot sleep at night without my Figment pillow pet, and the first gift I got from my boyfriend when we started dating was a vintage (1980 something) Figment plush with original tags and the cute yellow sweater and it's honestly the best gift I EVER received!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter