I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to try and catchup but haven’t been around since my Mom passed away suddenly and is with Dad in Heaven.
She was 91, still living on her own in the house we grew up in...she was blessed with a long, healthy life and was exactly where she wanted to be at home so for that we are grateful.

So glad I had plenty of SW points and was able to fly my son on them vs a $1,100 airline ticket
I’m so sorry for your loss

I have the pack it flat toiletry bag and have used it for 2 different trips. I like that it is flat and find it easier to find a spot for it in my suitcase.
That's the reason I picked this one. I feel like I am a fairly low maintenance woman but when I travel I turn into a mega princess. I have in the past used a small suitcase to carry my "stuff".:rolleyes: I am making a concerted effort to pare this down but SW generous baggage allowance makes it too easy to get carried away!

Catching up from today.

Costco - love the rental cars. I have used them many times, especially for the free second driver. I do compare between CSR and costco with 2nd driver. Costco usually wins. I did rent for my Colorado Springs trip through CSR. The 1.5 factor + going with DS who is 21 and won't qualify for free 2nd driver won over Costco.

Packing cubes - I just started using packing cubes. I did roll my clothes that I packed in the cubes. I found I could get more in my carryon with the packing cubes. I also love the organization - easy to find things that are packed together.

I’m going to try and catchup but haven’t been around since my Mom passed away suddenly and is with Dad in Heaven.
She was 91, still living on her own in the house we grew up in...she was blessed with a long, healthy life and was exactly where she wanted to be at home so for that we are grateful.

So glad I had plenty of SW points and was able to fly my son on them vs a $1,100 airline ticket
So sorry for your loss. Never easy to lose your Mom no matter the age, but what a blessing to have a full life and now reunited with your Dad.

I’m so sorry. Hugs and prayers your way:grouphug:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your Mom was able to live on her own and had a long, healthy life. I hope that is a small comfort to you. :hug:

I'm so, so sad about Notre Dame. It's almost 1,000 years old, so it's not like it can just be restored/replaced. I'm thankful my family got to see it one last time a few years ago. :sad2:

As for packing cubes, I've been a member since something like 2010?

So for those using packing cubes, do you just fold your clothing normally and put it in the cubes? Or roll? I've seen people do both.

I have a packing envelope (Eagle Creek) that I love, and a cube the same size. The envelope comes with a plastic thing that lets me fold things perfectly, so I use it for both the folder and the cubes. DH and DD have the same envelope and we all think it's the best thing. I pretty much fold everything. I think DD rolls stuff that isn't going into her envelope.

DH neatly folds, DD and I just sort of randomly shove everything that will fit. We are horrible packers...which is why we will never belong to the carryon only club!:guilty:

:rotfl: Now I get it. Yeah, the carry-on club takes a lot of work when it comes to packing and folding.

Not available on Ebags, but Away luggage is very popular with the millennial set.

It's super popular, but 2 moms of milennials have told me that their kids bought Away luggage and it's not lasting. At all (as in less than a year). One is a Tumi Mom and one is a Briggs (I have Briggs & Reilly too) and both said that, while more expensive at first, their luggage is lasting years and the Away stuff isn't. Too small a sample size to be definitive, but I thought I'd share. Briggs has repaired my DD's carry-on for free when the wheels stopped working, so I do like that.

I roll up all the clothes before putting them in the cubes. I place the cubes in the drawers or cabinets when we get to our hotel. Each family member has their own cube color. This has completely made it easier for everyone to find their things.

We do the same with the hotels - it makes it so much easier, especially since we rarely stay in one place for long.

@Hoosier John

In order to have the auto draft, they must have access to your account. But, you can make partial or full payment at any time. I used gift cards when I paid mine in full back in December.

I had a wild assortment of gift cards - some with a few $$ and some with up to $500. I didn't combine anything. Just applied them one by one and each time the balance dropped and when a 'month' was paid, the next payment due moved to the next month. I didn't combine because it was just extra work as the DVC site worked in the same fashion by adding each card as a credit.

You can also pay dues with a credit card. If you are not set up for auto draft, I believe the whole amount has to be paid at once.

With auto draft you can make partial payments so long as you are up to date. The 3 options online are credit card, gift card and rewards card. I used gift cards and the rewards card I got for a referral.

Prior to online access, members would send payment or call to apply gift/reward cards or credit cards.

That's exactly what I needed! Thank You!

So, I will leave it on bank account auto draft, then try to remember to pay a little early every month with my 3% Barclay Uber Visa (as long as comes through as Travel), or maybe with Disney GCs from Sam's (using a 2% rewards card).

I'm VERY new at this, so I will try to learn better moves by watching and learning here.

What?
Our honeymoon destination. Lol
Wait...you and @Lain are married?? LOL!

giphy.gif

Sorry for your loss and it's wonderful that you were able to get your son into town on points!

But so nice to have your Mom until she was 91. What a wonderful age to get to!

Just curious...do you all put your dirty clothes directly back into the packing cubes? Just wondering how everyone transports their dirty clothes back home. We normally put it in plastic grocery bags, then back in the suitcases. I think a few of my family members don’t want the dirty clothing touching the luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter