I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the Aruba talk got me to commit for next spring break. We are a family of 5 adults so we’ll need 2 rooms. I love that Marriott lets you book rooms before having the points in your account. Between DH and I, we’ll have 2 x 35K free nights to use at the Renaissance. Then we’ll head over to the Stellaris for 5 nights. I’ll have 1 x 50k free nights and currently have enough points for one room. I’ll need 200K more for room #2. Tax day helped me start my way to earning those!

I might have one of my kids apply for a Bonvoy chase card and transfer those over.

DD19 has had almost 2 years of credit history of her own (a credit union VIsa and a Discover) and has been an AU on my card for 5 years. She has a Chase checking and savings. Any thoughts if she’d get approved for a Chase Marriott card?

All of the Aruba talk got me to commit for next spring break. We are a family of 5 adults so we’ll need 2 rooms. I love that Marriott lets you book rooms before having the points in your account. Between DH and I, we’ll have 2 x 35K free nights to use at the Renaissance. Then we’ll head over to the Stellaris for 5 nights. I’ll have 1 x 50k free nights and currently have enough points for one room. I’ll need 200K more for room #2. Tax day helped me start my way to earning those!

I might have one of my kids apply for a Bonvoy chase card and transfer those over.

DD19 has had almost 2 years of credit history of her own (a credit union VIsa and a Discover) and has been an AU on my card for 5 years. She has a Chase checking and savings. Any thoughts if she’d get approved for a Chase Marriott card?

I have no idea about being approved for the Marriott card, but you will love Aruba!

PSA: Just checked my rental cars for this summer. It doesn't help me but just in case someone else is looking - Costco is having a special for cars (intermediate SUV or larger) booked this week for May. Alamo and Enterprise come with a $30 Costco Cash card.
Thanks for the tip! I save $23 on the rate and a $30 cash card for Memorial Day weekend!

Not cc related: International travelers I could use your help @calypso726 @Calfan or any other internationally inclined peeps :) I’m traveling through a few airports next month & I’m worried about what to wear, mainly in Doha. (I think I’m good to wear whatever I want in JNB & HKG, I will be in cathay first class for my last flight but I don’t see any lounge or transit dress codes.) For DOH I’ll be transiting through in QR business class & will be in the lounge for a few hours. I normally wear tennis shoes, jeans & a t-shirt when traveling. I’m wondering if I should plan on wearing a full length skirt & blouse for my time in the DOH QR business lounge? I know no tank tops, see through clothes, or tight pants. I tend towards form fitting boot cut jeans but not tight like skinny jeans. Thoughts? Trying to figure out if I need to buy that full length skirt. (The International Relations major in me will literally die if I cause any sort of scene. I’ve googled lots but I’m not finding straight answers.)

Just curious...do you all put your dirty clothes directly back into the packing cubes? Just wondering how everyone transports their dirty clothes back home. We normally put it in plastic grocery bags, then back in the suitcases. I think a few of my family members don’t want the dirty clothing touching the luggage.
OMG I just bought laundry bags for my trip :) I saw a friend use plastic sacks and thought- that was smart! A little Google later & I saw travel laundry sacks on Amazon that won’t rip!

I also bought a couple wet dry bags so I don’t have to scavenge around for a plastic sack for swimsuits, or hand wash laundry, that isn’t quite dry.

Just curious...do you all put your dirty clothes directly back into the packing cubes? Just wondering how everyone transports their dirty clothes back home. We normally put it in plastic grocery bags, then back in the suitcases. I think a few of my family members don’t want the dirty clothing touching the luggage.

Back in the cubes then wash the cubes. Otherwise how would it all fit if it only fit because of the cubes?

Trying to watch the last episode of A Year in the Life.

#imnotcryingyourecrying

Favorite of the 4! So good!

Not cc related: International travelers I could use your help @calypso726 @Calfan or any other internationally inclined peeps :) I’m traveling through a few airports next month & I’m worried about what to wear, mainly in Doha. (I think I’m good to wear whatever I want in JNB & HKG, I will be in cathay first class for my last flight but I don’t see any lounge or transit dress codes.) For DOH I’ll be transiting through in QR business class & will be in the lounge for a few hours. I normally wear tennis shoes, jeans & a t-shirt when traveling. I’m wondering if I should plan on wearing a full length skirt & blouse for my time in the DOH QR business lounge? I know no tank tops, see through clothes, or tight pants. I tend towards form fitting boot cut jeans but not tight like skinny jeans. Thoughts? Trying to figure out if I need to buy that full length skirt. (The International Relations major in me will literally die if I cause any sort of scene. I’ve googled lots but I’m not finding straight answers.)

Wish I could help, but I have not yet traveled through an airport like Doha that would give me pause about what I am wearing. Your typical travel outfit sounds a lot like mine!

I’ll let you know what I end up with & how it works out then :thumbsup2

I would think if it was something that should be taken into consideration the lounge and airport would have something. The PP lounges at Orly in Paris had dress codes, I can't remember if it was no jeans, but for sure no t-shirts, but they weren't in a section I could get to so it didn't matter. They may consider it a high enough transit location that they don't worry unless it's people that aren't just there to change planes. I'm sure you have, but have you tried the forums on trip advisor? I've found helpful info there.

For standards of modesty, I would say that you should just ensure that your shoulders and knees are covered. (No leggings, however.). Jeans and a t-shirt should be fine. However, I like your idea of something different like a skirt. Maybe there are some kinds of pants that are looser that you could wear with the t-shirt and add a scarf?

For standards of modesty, I would say that you should just ensure that your shoulders and knees are covered. (No leggings, however.). Jeans and a t-shirt should be fine. However, I like your idea of something different like a skirt. Maybe there are some kinds of pants that are looser that you could wear with the t-shirt and add a scarf?

Sometimes I wear slacks because they are more comfy than some of my jeans and then it leaves my jeans clean for the trip. I always feel icky after traveling.

I'm thinking your dd has an excellent chance of approval! My dd18 also had a Chase checking and had been an AU for two years, a Discover 8 mos, a CFU for 2 mos and she was approved for a CIP. I say go for it! I'm already thinking what my dd's next card should be. Thankfully, she is very financially responsible and totally loves this hobby!

Sometimes I wear slacks because they are more comfy than some of my jeans and then it leaves my jeans clean for the trip. I always feel icky after traveling.
Well when I’m being me I wear pants and a nice shirt. But when I’m in my high voice pretending to be Mrs SFF I always wear a midriff bearing tube top with yoga pants 2 sizes too small. I really like to embrace the role...

Well when I’m being me I wear pants and a nice shirt. But when I’m in my high voice pretending to be Mrs SFF I always wear a midriff bearing tube top with yoga pants 2 sizes too small. I really like to embrace the role...
And super trendy lambskin boots from new zealand? Apparently the brand name is banned content here on the Dis :confused3

I put the dirty clothes in a plastic bag (usually the plastic laundry bag that's in the hotel room closet), then stuff it in a packing cube. Often I have to throw my whole body on the cube to get it to compress and zip up, lol.

Since we're on the subject of travel accessories, thought I'd share that after packing cubes, my favorite accessory so far is my compressible day pack. Have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Summit-Ultra-Sil-Pack-20-Liter/dp/B006CG2TZU

Tiny and light, I just stick it in my purse. So handy to have when we take jackets off, or buy a bottled drink that we don't finish, or buy souvenirs. I think it would work well to go through the no bag line at the parks too. Went to Disneyland last year and the security line was just awful. Wish I had the bag then.

I'm thinking your dd has an excellent chance of approval! My dd18 also had a Chase checking and had been an AU for two years, a Discover 8 mos, a CFU for 2 mos and she was approved for a CIP. I say go for it! I'm already thinking what my dd's next card should be. Thankfully, she is very financially responsible and totally loves this hobby!

Did I mention that DD21 finally asked what card she could get next? Yay! Except I have no idea when she is coming home. Booooo She is scheduled to come home July 1 but she just recently asked if she could go do a summer session in Australia straight from Africa! I'm like WHAT??? I was hoping she was kidding, but I don't think she was.

I have a 13 day trip to WDW coming up shortly. We will be staying off site. We will be renting a wheelchair for mom and having it delivered to the resort we are staying at. There will be 7 of us going and we will be renting a minivan. The prices have come down quite a bit the last few days. I am currently holding 2 reservations and should cancel one. Budget has a Chrysler Pacifica for $387 or there is a Grand Caravan at Alamo for $470. I know nothing about vehicles. I have rented from Alamo and gotten their minivans and have no concerns about them. However, the Pacifica in the Budget picture looks smaller and my concern is fitting the wheelchair in the trunk space. I have also never rented from Budget and I know nothing about them. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter