I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wawa is a great gas station, which we do have down here in Florida! I wouldn't normally ever eat gas station food, but they make most of it to order (they do have pre-made breakfast/lunch sandwiches) and it's actually pretty good! Our family tradition is to stop by on our way to Disney to grab breakfast and a drink for the ride :)

We do not have Kroger's down here. Publix is our jam (it's headquartered in Lakeland, halfway between Tampa and Orlando) - super friendly, always clean, lots of BOGOs, awesome deli... I have several family members employed by Publix, and they LOVE it. The company allows their employees to own stock, and they get pretty nice bonuses every year on top of that. They're very respected as a company.

I think there are some Safeways over that way, but we don't have them on the west coast of FL.

There are a couple of Kroger's in Jacksonville, and then a lot in Georgia, but none close enough for Haley!

Thank you, you sure do have a lot of airline options which is awesome!

We’re near DTW which is a Delta hub. I always prefer non stop but last time we had a short layover in Frankfurt which was fine. It’s still too far out to check the price on most flights but I think Delta is likely so plan to get some more MRs which transfer over. If I don’t end up using them for Delta, still plenty of other options. Sad to see my 55k united flights mostly bare for July next year. Priced out random dates and it’s showing 119k per person:scared1:
Wow yeah, that dynamic pricing stinks! Good luck with everything!

So, AMEX referrals links are working again, but no BBP? Do we have any idea why you can't refer to that card, and only that card? I was going to see if I got dh out of popup jail, but this is the card we need.

Hello all! I was drawn here by the FIRE thread :)

I am going to be looking to up my credit card game here in a few weeks (I've got to wait for my dad's house to sell and the estate to distribute; closing is next month and I'm the executor so I feel pretty confident about the timeline). I am going to be doing yearly trips to Europe starting in a year or so (taking one kid at a time on a "memory trip"), and I'd like to get max value for that.

Current lineup:
Navy Federal CU card (earns 1.5%) opened 8/08 21K limit (will lower this before I start playing the game but I'm currently running this pretty high for low interest until the estate distributes then it will get paid off)
Cap1 quicksilver (1.5%) opened 1/09 10.5K limit
Chase Disney Visa opened 9/13 4k limit
Amex BCP opened 5/15 3200 limit
Discover IT opened 9/15 5500 limit
Chase SW Premier opened 1/16 13k limit
USAA basic CC opened 12/16 2500 limit (would not hurt my feelings to close this, although my son 3 states away has it to use in emergencies)

I'm closer to Indy (little over an hour) than Chicago (3 hours), so I usually fly IND, almost always SW. I can do 2500 a month in regular spend easily, not including vacation funds, a bathroom that needs remodeled or doing any MS, plus I have a 850/mo mortgage. I don't have a car payment. I used plastiq a little with VGC I got during the apple pay/discover promo 3.5 years ago (man, those were the days), but nothing since (I do seem to still have an account). The only new credit I've had in 2 years is my mortgage. I do not have a P2, although I do have some young adults I could bring into the picture if it was lucrative enough :D (dd22 has a steady job from being an LPN and is an AU on the Disney card, ds19 is in the army, and DS18 is in college and an AU on SW card).

I've followed doc loosely for a few years, and have never done anything on reddit before, so could use some info there. Advice appreciated :)

Based on the cards listed above it looks like you are 0/24 for Chase ....most of us concentrated on Chase cards first mixing in Amex business cards.

But I am not familiar at all with flying to Europe so don’t want to steer you to Chase URs if you are better off accumulating Amex MRs for the trips you have planned...so I will let others who are experienced with flights/hotels in Europe help you accomplish your goals

I was debating that style vs the flat ones... I ended up getting both...

I took the train from London to Paris a few years ago. I would consider flying into Paris if you want to start there, then fly home from London. I just don't see a reason to take the train twice for the most part. We went to Paris for a few days in the middle of our trip. The trip itself is a little over two hours, and then you have boarding time/security etc. One thing we wished we'd planned differently is to not take the train twice like that, but we added Paris later. We would have rather started in London and flown home from Paris. Also we had the unfortunate issue of a train breakdown in the tunnel, which delayed our train back to London by almost two hours...
I’m getting them in today from amazon so I can let you know if I like them or not. I also ordered a travel document holder that I’m excited for. It can hold my passport, credit cards, and my itineraries if folded into thirds. I saw someone have one on their Japan vlog and it looked really handy. I won’t be bringing my purse I don’t think and I’ll just use that instead since it’s all in one. Here’s the link to that one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DMMMHTV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_V5FUCb0EV50H2

I am under 5/24, but have been spooked to open more Chase cards as when I opened the CFU (in summer 2017) I was initially denied (even though I ... actually make a ... wage... from Chase no less)… then got a call from Chase saying if I was willing to give up 10 grand (or so) in credit limit on another Chase card that they would approve the CFU - which I did. I may give Ink a shot...

g0Zr68t.jpg

:rotfl2:

A huge :welcome: silmarg!

I think this is genuinely one of the nicest places to be. Plus it combines two of my most favorite things, travel hacks and a love of Disney.

When I read your intro I was wondering if you were excluded from any Chase promos due to your relationship with them? I drive past our local Chase offices (I think it’s an IT center) frequently as it’s in our town and shed a tear thinking of all the missed sign up bonuses for the folks in that building.

According to DD, "everyone knows the best oranges are the ones stolen from your neighbors' yard." Hopefully that's just a Fl kid phrase not a reality although during citrus season EVERYONE is giving away whatever they have (lemons here). There really isn't anything better than fresh squeezed oj from just picked oranges, though. Except maybe...chic fil a.

Chic fil a is always first! They have fountain diet dr Pepper. @amalone1013 I think we should add it to the shunned clubhouse:D

I had the best honey bell about 3 years ago. I bought from a side of the road stand near Reunion. My niece owned a house in there at the time and we would always visit and go to the stand for fruits and veggies at excellent prices. Prices were so good they made the guy leave as it is very close to a Publix. He said that he picked his stuff up from Plant City every Tuesday and then sold Tues - Thurs.

This year I ordered honey bells from Hale's and they were pathetic in comparison.

We used to steal plums from a neighbor when we were kids. If we saw him leave, we climbed and shook that tree! Not that it is right to steal, but he did nothing with the fruit after his wife passed except to let it rot on the ground. He probably just wanted his peace and quiet. We would also love to get into another neighbor's currant bushes - delicious when red and ripe! Yum!

The thing that drives me nuts is buying apples. Where I grew up they grew wild and you could get them for free.

I’m getting them in today from amazon so I can let you know if I like them or not. I also ordered a travel document holder that I’m excited for. It can hold my passport, credit cards, and my itineraries if folded into thirds. I saw someone have one on their Japan vlog and it looked really handy. I won’t be bringing my purse I don’t think and I’ll just use that instead since it’s all in one. Here’s the link to that one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DMMMHTV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_V5FUCb0EV50H2
Now I want that lol.

I am currently excited that the purses/bags now have the built in wallet slots with RFID protection. Just taking my travel wallet out of the equation makes a difference.

We’ll survive lol. I asked my mom if she used Publix in Georgia because I couldn’t remember and she said she loved Publix. She said she didn’t go as often because it wasn’t as close

I like both stores.

Now I want that lol.

I am currently excited that the purses/bags now have the built in wallet slots with RFID protection. Just taking my travel wallet out of the equation makes a difference.
I thought it looked handy lol! Of course I’ve got a daily itinerary for our whole trip. My first thought was bringing a binder but this will be so much easier to take around and it holds my passport and ccs.

Approved for my 2nd citi AA biz card!! Today was the magical 95 days and I waited to apply even though it was torture knowing I was probably ok a couple days ago.

I went for the 40k/2k/$250 dummy booking. Hopefully it will be a breeze to get my match :)

DH was auto approved for the Citi AA biz. Went with the 40k, $250 statement credit. Dumb question: I can book flights with the $250 credit right? We are going to Cancun in Nov for a long weekend with a few other couples. AA flies direct and the flight costs just under $250 for one way nonstop. Seems like the best use of the credit right? Or do I need to get a gc and use that?
Yes, you can use for flights :) Congrats on the approval! Just auto-approved myself!

Well AmEx is having quite the day again, logged in to find all AmEx offers are missing. The ones I have saved to the card show up but all the rest are gone. Only the "Featured" offers are showing for each card.

Maybe the BBP support offer missing is part of this random IT glitch roulette they have going on.

Well AmEx is having quite the day again, logged in to find all AmEx offers are missing. The ones I have saved to the card show up but all the rest are gone. Only the "Featured" offers are showing for each card.

Maybe the BBP support offer missing is part of this random IT glitch roulette they have going on.
I had that problem earlier too, but they all came back.

I was debating that style vs the flat ones... I ended up getting both...

I took the train from London to Paris a few years ago. I would consider flying into Paris if you want to start there, then fly home from London. I just don't see a reason to take the train twice for the most part. We went to Paris for a few days in the middle of our trip. The trip itself is a little over two hours, and then you have boarding time/security etc. One thing we wished we'd planned differently is to not take the train twice like that, but we added Paris later. We would have rather started in London and flown home from Paris. Also we had the unfortunate issue of a train breakdown in the tunnel, which delayed our train back to London by almost two hours...

Uh, the train broke down in the Chunnel?!? :eek: That is literally my nightmare. I can handle the Baltimore tunnels but the tunnels into Manhattan just about do me in.

Lol I saw this also. I got an email saying come check out your new Amex offers. I logged in and.......nothing there. On the other hand that is
new alrite....to see nothing.o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter