I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woof...the wind has passed me, but it was pretty severe. Too many tall trees around here that are ready to come down. Gusts were at least 40-50 MPH. I'm sure the news will have that amplified as they were talking up to 60. I'm just relieved the tornado warning has passed as I'm alone here right now.

Anyway, electric stayed on even though it flickered a few times and cable had to reset itself. I live on an older street with some of the power still above ground and the rest is buried but when it goes out all of us are out.
The alert went off in my car as I had just left work for Columbia and Ellicott City. I am glad you are safe and it looks like nothing hit Columbia or EC where a lot of my friends live. Scary stuff!

So frustrating, I bet. But there is so much to enjoy that is not food related. Here are just a few of my favorite scenes on Oahu...

View attachment 402631
View attachment 402632 View attachment 402633 View attachment 402634 View attachment 402635 View attachment 402636 View attachment 402637

For those who are visiting Hawaii soon, and those who are contemplating it, I always say everyone should go at least once in a lifetime. I am half Hawaiian so I'm a little bit (alot) in love with the islands. There are so many beautiful experiences there for those with open hearts and respect for the land and her people. I hope those of you going soon, come away with the same awe, I think @Lain and I feel on a regular basis. A few more and then I will say goodnight to you all, and thank you for the wander down memory lane.:) We spoke about the Kam Hwy and what a special drive it is. Here is a close in shot to give you some scale. The Kam Hwy is that tiny road you see down on the left. Driving that is one of the great wonders of my universe. It means a lot to me to come from such a place. View attachment 402655

Here is the view as you would see it at the Pali Lookout. Take a jacket... it gets chilly up there!
View attachment 402656

My favorite place to stay is a little rental directly on Punalu'u Beach (North Shore) If you want to look it up, it's called Hale Aha Kai. You can just see it there middle left.View attachment 402660

We often have the beaches up there, all to ourselves.

View attachment 402661 View attachment 402662

It's in my heart, in my blood, and in my soul. And it's where I hear God the easiest. Even when He whispers.
View attachment 402664

Wishing you all a happy Memorial Day weekend. Aloha nui loa, for letting me share.

These photos are amazing. I had been expecting our Hawaii trip would be a one and done. I no longer think that.

With all this Hawaii talk I thought I would join in and ask for advice as well. @hulagirl @Lain My family(me, wife, and 13 year old son) will be taking a 10 day trip to Oahu/Maui during next March. We are planning 3 days in Oahu the rest in Maui. I don't yet have a hotel booked for Oahu but it will be somewhere on Waikiki beach. We are splitting the Maui stay with 3 days at Hyatt Regency and the rest at the Grand Wailea. Beyond a hotel recommendation on Waikiki, I was hopeful for some suggestions on things to do in Maui and places to eat. There seems like a lot of things to do but I want to try and narrow it down a realistic list of activities while having enough relaxation time at the hotels and on the beach/pool areas. I thank churning for all of the Hilton/Hyatt/SW/UR points which will make most of this trip free. Never would have made it to Hawaii from Indiana without them

A visit to Cafe du Monde is a given :D I will most certainly be partaking!
I love NO food so much. I need to take DS. He won’t eat 1/2 of it but DH and I will. (He will definitely eat the beignets) Maybe we’ll break him in at Tiana’s place. Lol.

when my friend told me her sister built a lightsaber for $200, i :faint:
I saw that. Just no.

You guys I feel so stupid....Dh and I are watching the live action 101 Dalmatians on Netflix and I just now realized cruella de vil spells devil..... :headache:
giphy.gif

With all this Hawaii talk I thought I would join in and ask for advice as well. @hulagirl @Lain My family(me, wife, and 13 year old son) will be taking a 10 day trip to Oahu/Maui during next March. We are planning 3 days in Oahu the rest in Maui. I don't yet have a hotel booked for Oahu but it will be somewhere on Waikiki beach. We are splitting the Maui stay with 3 days at Hyatt Regency and the rest at the Grand Wailea. Beyond a hotel recommendation on Waikiki, I was hopeful for some suggestions on things to do in Maui and places to eat. There seems like a lot of things to do but I want to try and narrow it down a realistic list of activities while having enough relaxation time at the hotels and on the beach/pool areas. I thank churning for all of the Hilton/Hyatt/SW/UR points which will make most of this trip free. Never would have made it to Hawaii from Indiana without them

How firm are you on the idea of staying on Waikiki beach? Waikiki is a bit of an compact urban peninsula that’s only about 3 blocks wide, lined by Kalakaua Avenue, Kuhio Avenue, and Ala Wai Blvd. So really, any hotel is within “walking” distance to the beach, but from some hotels that means dealing with the noise, crowds, and traffic of Waikiki.

The hotels that I can think of on the beach are the Hilton Hawaiian Village, which has a big lagoon and lots of beach; the Halekulani, which is a really nice hotel but doesn’t have much of a beach; the Sheraton Waikiki, which shares a really nice stretch of beachfront with the Royal Hawaiian, which continues next door to the Outrigger Waikiki Beach and onto the Westin Moana Surfrider. These are mostly pricier options. Are there any other hotels you’re looking at? How are your points?

Unfortunately, I don’t know much about Maui. I’ve never been except for flying through on connections. @calypso726 visited Maui last year and snagged an in demand reservation at Mama’s Fish House. @mmmears, @CaliforniaGirl09, and @GlamMistress can probably chime in on their trips to Maui, too.

How much does he charge for this kind of trip? We are at the Swan for the last part of our trip. I think an Uber XL is about $50.
I'd guess $50, but I didn't even ask, I just said can you pick me up again, because no matter the price I was using him, lol. I'd guess $50 though based on the fact roundtrip to Universal is $100
ETA: tagging @Duck143

Last edited:
@Albort , I am reading about the Hyatt Explorist and it says you get 4 Explorist Club Lounge access awards. Since we cheated to get Explorist, does that mean we don't get the awards? Also, does anyone know about the 5 different Brands to get a free night. Does staying on points count? Or do you actually have to pay real money? And does anyone know anything about Grand Hyatt DC. Decided to make a quick trip this weekend and that was the one I could get on points. Said it was a $500+ room and I got it for 15,000 points. The darn parking though. But I will use my card and get 15% back with the Chase offer at least.

I have a question about the lounges in Denver. DD is meeting up with some friends there and I wondering if there is a lounge they can go to after the flight arrives. She has a platinum card and a priority pass card. There will be 4 of them, but I remembered people posting about a restaurant so maybe that could work?

I have a question about the lounges in Denver. DD is meeting up with some friends there and I wondering if there is a lounge they can go to after the flight arrives. She has a platinum card and a priority pass card. There will be 4 of them, but I remembered people posting about a restaurant so maybe that could work?

Timberline! Priority Pass cardholder and 2 guests. $28/person towards the bill. It’s a steak and burger joint! I think it’s so popular, there’s usually a wait. I think (?) they accept arrivals.

I’m going to let the Denver/Colorado folks chat now. @wendow, @amalone1013, @platamama.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!