I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've called Disney dining twice today. Wow, both CMs really struggled to give any help. I still have nothing booked. Apparently there are no packages for anything other than the 5pm show :( The second CM kept trying to get us booked for Biergarten at 7:20 (with a 5pm show) even though I had said over and over that a dinner would need to be at 5pm or before, but we really prefer a breakfast or lunch AND that the 5pm show doesn't work...

Thank you (and to all the others) that are helping me with the fine details of the benefits of this card!!!

I hope you're right on dates simply not being released yet. It let me select those dates on the calendar... dates beyond September 19 are "grayed out." It was very odd.

That's an interesting point about double dipping the credit because I was sort of wondering if that would work out for me. I think I should push back the application date though, because at the moment I have no plans to hang onto the card past my trip. Like I'd be cancelling it around December 2020, most likely. Right now my travel plans stop at Japan! Not to say that couldn't change in the next year, of course...

I was originally planning on 4 days at this Hilton anyway. If I booked 4, on points, I get a 5th "free". Do I book all 5 of those together (when I have the points) and it automatically takes one off, or do I book 4 and then have to call someone to add the 5th?

When I add the free weekend night (after they send me an email or something), I believe that has to be made as a one-night separate reservation. Then I call the hotel (?) and ask them to combine that night with my other 5... right?

So now I am up to 6 nights, for the "price" of 4 nights' worth of points. Am I understanding that correctly? Because I was going to book a separate hotel in Tokyo proper for a couple nights, but if I can get 2 more nights for "free" even if it's farther from city center, that's pretty cool!

And I should be able to charge the park tickets to my room with the assistance of the guest services manager, thereby making use of the resort credit. Because let's be honest- if breakfast is included under my "status," there won't be many other things I'll be charging to the room!
I would think they haven't released the dates yet. I was super worried about the WA Maldives because award availability wasn't bookable, then the points per night were crazy high, but after stalking the website every day for a few months I found the room at 120,000 points / night and jumped on them immediately. I used the call center to do the booking for me to be sure I'd get the 5th night free. Once the weekend night posted (which was around 4-5 weeks after I got the card) I had the call center add it to my reservation and connect everything. Then I purchased more points and added a 7th night and also had the call center do the booking so all the nights would be connected. I will say that the call center staff for Hilton Honors is outstanding, super nice and very accomodating (they even extended my free night certificate for me).

For the free weekend night you can stay at the Conrad in Tokyo. If you want to do touring in Tokyo I'd definitely recommend staying in the city as opposed to the parks for those days to maximize your time there (Tokyo is a *huge* city). Someone on TPG did a review of the hotel a little while ago and gave it a glowing review. Plus you'd get more value out of the certificate.

If you maximize the value of the free night certificate you can get a room that costs way more than the $450.00 AF (case in point my "room" at the WA Maldives, which goes for over $1,800.00 / night). Then of course you get the resort $250.00 credit at said property and breakfast free. I'm with @calypso726, if I could get a 2nd one of these cards I would.

Amex Plat closure data point: called in to close my personal Amex Plat now that the annual fee came due. I was offered 30K MR or $300 statement credit after $4K spend. If I could take advantage of the airline credit I might be tempted but since it’s gotten harder to use I passed. Now I have MRs that are stuck and can’t be transferred since I only have a no fee blue card. Not a huge deal as I plan to go for the Gold at some point (if I don’t get a pop up). Does anyone know if the BBP allows MR transfers to travel partners?

You can transfer MRs from a BBP to travel partners. It’s Chase’s no fee cards that don’t allow for transfers to partner hotels and airlines.

You can transfer MRs from a BBP to travel partners. It’s Chase’s no fee cards that don’t allow for transfers to partner hotels and airlines.

Thanks. The Amex CSR said my no fee personal Amex Blue (from ‘99) isn’t eligible for transfers. I swear I had transferred before but maybe it was when I had the Biz Gold.

I was going to call today! Good to know on the breakfast since we need one of the two later shows.

Do you know if we book today (and pay today) and a different place opens, can we cancel and rebook? Options are so limited right now 😐
Late responding, sorry been a busy day. You can cancel within 48 hours. I’ll message you a tip

Dh and I are debating going to the Halloween party tomorrow night. We went to two last year so we wouldn’t have a ton of must dos. The main things would be trick or treating, special snacks, the new fireworks show, and Winnie the Pooh m&g. There aren’t any good wdw hotel deals so we may just use URs for a DS hotel.

For lunch tomorrow I’m thinking we could use those dining gcs we got for Epcot from the pass holder deal. We’re thinking either garden grill or le cellier.

What do you guys think?
We like le cellier over garden grill but both we enjoyed

I found the room at 120,000 points / night
:faint:

Lol I've seen the photos. That is outstanding!

I hope the ones I am looking for are back at 66,000 when I can finally see them!

Good advice about the Conrad. I generally hate to move around if I can help it... but I will look into it. Thanks!

Thanks. The Amex CSR said my no fee personal Amex Blue (from ‘99) isn’t eligible for transfers. I swear I had transferred before but maybe it was when I had the Biz Gold.

What is the exact name of your card from '99? I suspect it earns Membership Rewards Express points. Those you can't transfer. As long as you have the BBP, you can transfer, no problem.

Thank you (and to all the others) that are helping me with the fine details of the benefits of this card!!!

I hope you're right on dates simply not being released yet. It let me select those dates on the calendar... dates beyond September 19 are "grayed out." It was very odd.

That's an interesting point about double dipping the credit because I was sort of wondering if that would work out for me. I think I should push back the application date though, because at the moment I have no plans to hang onto the card past my trip. Like I'd be cancelling it around December 2020, most likely. Right now my travel plans stop at Japan! Not to say that couldn't change in the next year, of course...

I was originally planning on 4 days at this Hilton anyway. If I booked 4, on points, I get a 5th "free". Do I book all 5 of those together (when I have the points) and it automatically takes one off, or do I book 4 and then have to call someone to add the 5th?

When I add the free weekend night (after they send me an email or something), I believe that has to be made as a one-night separate reservation. Then I call the hotel (?) and ask them to combine that night with my other 5... right?

So now I am up to 6 nights, for the "price" of 4 nights' worth of points. Am I understanding that correctly? Because I was going to book a separate hotel in Tokyo proper for a couple nights, but if I can get 2 more nights for "free" even if it's farther from city center, that's pretty cool!

And I should be able to charge the park tickets to my room with the assistance of the guest services manager, thereby making use of the resort credit. Because let's be honest- if breakfast is included under my "status," there won't be many other things I'll be charging to the room!

I've never booked 5 nights in a row to stay anywhere but I did a test online and picked a room for 5 nights and the system automatically calculated for 4 nights cost in points.

The DPs I have read state the FN can be switched for a points booking as long as the booking is a stand alone reservation. The hotel can combine the reservation or link it together afterwards.

Hmmm, don't rule out keeping the card. Go play on Hilton's website and see all the places you can stay for a weekend night with the card. I think it opens up a lot of possibilities.

Well we bought tickets for tomorrow’s Halloween party! I’m really excited. It doesn’t even feel like we’re really going. We’re doing lunch at 2:30 at garden grill (which should be close to free with the gcs we got from the AP deal). We’ll head over to mk after that for some of our FPS. We booked a DS hotel with chase points for 7k so not too bad. Gotta get some candy!!!!

What is the exact name of your card from '99? I suspect it earns Membership Rewards Express points. Those you can't transfer. As long as you have the BBP, you can transfer, no problem.

It’s just called Blue from American Express and the points have always been pooled with my Plat since I had it. And before that with my Biz Gold. I don’t have a BBP, just P2 as we needed a place to hold is MR when he cancelled the Plat last month.

I pulled up the site and it looks like it will let me do a transfer. So I think the CSR just didn’t have experience with my card since it’s been discontinued for new apps for a long time.

It’s just called Blue from American Express and the points have always been pooled with my Plat since I had it. And before that with my Biz Gold. I don’t have a BBP, just P2 as we needed a place to hold is MR when he cancelled the Plat last month.

I pulled up the site and it looks like it will let me do a transfer. So I think the CSR just didn’t have experience with my card since it’s been discontinued for new apps for a long time.

I used to have an Amex Zync charge, and it earned Express points. There are some folks on this very old FlyerTalk thread talking about the Blue earning the same type of points. It doesn't matter tho - the points are safe and will be there for you when you get your next Amex bonus.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1025059-zync-amex-3.html

I've called Disney dining twice today. Wow, both CMs really struggled to give any help. I still have nothing booked. Apparently there are no packages for anything other than the 5pm show :( The second CM kept trying to get us booked for Biergarten at 7:20 (with a 5pm show) even though I had said over and over that a dinner would need to be at 5pm or before, but we really prefer a breakfast or lunch AND that the 5pm show doesn't work...
Wow! I am so sorry how uniformed so many phone CMs are. You can try booking the 4 and 4 on your own. It will tell you the package time as soon as you click the time. If it isn't what you want you can back out of it before providing CC information, but the time may temporarily disappear from the system.

This is great. Friend's easter eggs on google

Ross's is hilarious, Rachel's is lame and Phoebe and Chandler's are my favorites.

Thank you for sharing! Love PIVOT!!! And pretty much agree with you on the rest. It's perfect timing, too, since I'm streaming Friends right now!

I just happen to be laying in bed watching friends. This is one of the greatest things that’s ever happened to me lol

Same! It's still good the 10th time around, too!

Thank you for sharing! Love PIVOT!!! And pretty much agree with you on the rest. It's perfect timing, too, since I'm streaming Friends right now!

Same! It's still good the 10th time around, too!
DH said that the other day. We just started over on season 1 and Dh was like “it’s okay that we’ve already watched it like 10 times”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts