I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did when we had an overnight at Port Canavaral on a cruise. We loved it! The rooms were large and modern and very clean. Staff super friendly and some good restaurant options. We had a car and I think we were supposed to pay for parking but they didn’t end up charging. We used Hyatt points (actually free anniversary night since it’s a Cat 4) and it’s an awesome value. We’ll be back for sure. Pools are really neat too. And they have laundry which as you all know is a huge bonus for me and my vacation laundry obsession.

SIL has stayed a few times and they love it as well.

I didn’t use the shuttle to the parks so not sure about that. We were not charged a resort fee for our award stay and SIL has not been charged for parking or resort fee when she’s gone (on points).
Thanks! I was looking at using points over Christmas since it is only 12k a night. We wouldn’t be going to Disney except maybe for the Holiday party. I think I could spare some URs rather than paying OOP for any resorts.

Because the 2nd one was better than the first.
Definitely agree! It had the best songs. Sometimes Chillin like a Villain and Set it Off go around in my head.
I’ve seen parts of the first one and don’t understand it at all. I think it’s really dumb lol
Were you ever a fan of the Disney Channel movies/musicals? I remember High School Musical was all the rage. The second one in that franchise was also my favorite. I think they just peak at number 2. I can appreciate it for what it is. I do like to keep current with all things Disney and these can be pretty enjoyable. I also have coworkers that discuss it (viewing parties, birthday themes, Mal or Uma for Halloween, etc) and it is nice to participate in those conversations. Rotten to the Core also ended VAH and I was cracking up that I knew it from Descendants! I haven't watched Zombie's yet, but I probably will because why not? 🤣

I went to Sam’s Club on Thurs and it looks like my 4% on Dosh didn’t track. How long do you wait before you contact them? I just need the receipt, right?

I'd book that with URs in a heartbeat without a second thought. JMO
I am hoping great rates like this come around when I need them in October!
Hmm, I'm going to have to take a look at this! Thanks for the info. I just assumed cash price (even 1.5x on CSR) would be outrageous.
@PolyRob chase won't let me search my date yet, aug 20. It only goes to aug 17 currently. But cash price on United is $799 for most aug 20 flights so about 53k points. If it was as close as that other one you posted, it would be a no brainer, as @calypso726 said. I'm so nervous that either I'll miss the savers or they'll never release them. Patience is hard!
I did notice the UR portal doesn't go out as far as United. I will need Sat to Sat for October so I was pricing Sat to Sat in Aug with United to get a feel for what it looks like. I saw 8/15 had some times that were $559 one-way. Anything under $750 one-way will be better than transferring the 50,000 URs. Whats weird is that I did not see this rate on previous attempts so after a week of releasing, some flights definitely decreased in price. All so random!

Definitely agree! It had the best songs. Sometimes Chillin like a Villain and Set it Off go around in my head.

Were you ever a fan of the Disney Channel movies/musicals? I remember High School Musical was all the rage. The second one in that franchise was also my favorite. I think they just peak at number 2. I can appreciate it for what it is. I do like to keep current with all things Disney and these can be pretty enjoyable. I also have coworkers that discuss it (viewing parties, birthday themes, Mal or Uma for Halloween, etc) and it is nice to participate in those conversations. Rotten to the Core also ended VAH and I was cracking up that I knew it from Descendants! I haven't watched Zombie's yet, but I probably will because why not? 🤣
I love high school musical. I was in 6th grade when it came out and zac Efron covered every inch of my bedroom walls lol. I also liked the 2nd one better. I don’t really like anything on Disney channel anymore. It’s all way too cheesy and I feel like they try so hard for laughs. It’s very possible it was like that when I was a kid and I didn’t notice but I feel like most of the movies when I was a kid were more serious.

I watched about 5 minutes of zombies and said no way lol

The 2nd was my least favorite. I'll watch the first and third when they are on but I have to really need something to watch to watch the second. I wish both Disney channel and freeform did more movies like they used to, neither one seem to have many made for them movies any more which is too bad. So I'll stick with my tried and true know how it's going to end within the first 5 minutes Hallmark movies each week :)

Has anyone stayed at the Wyndham Garden or regular Wyndham at Disney springs area? I need 1 night for DD and they are really cheap...($49/$76 on PLE). I'd love to put her at the hilton bonnet creek but once I add on the resort fee it is pricey. There is nothing under $200 on property....weird for September.

DS’s gf stayed at the Wyndham Garden in August when we went for 3 nights. It’s walkable to DS. The room I booked was through the UR portal. To get to her room we had to take the elevator from the main floor down a level, then walk around lots of long hallways and turns, mostly open air, to the back of the hotel facing a parking lot. Aesthetically it wasn’t that great, but she said the room worked fine for her. She wasn’t there much other than sleeping, so it didn’t matter much. The quick look I had at the room was ok but nothing special. The lobby is very nice though. It had a Disney-like scent to it and a coffee shop. Probably more, but I wasn’t in there long. I liked the location because it was so close to SS, it hardly took any time at all for us to swing by and pick her up.

I went to Sam’s Club on Thurs and it looks like my 4% on Dosh didn’t track. How long do you wait before you contact them? I just need the receipt, right?

I just did a major Sam's run, including grabbing a Disney GC and my 5% didn't track. In my experience, if I don't get the alert immediately, it never tracks. Go ahead and open up a support claim. I am. I also had an expensive lunch at Buca di Beppo last week that didn't track so I need to open a claim on that. We had pizza for lunch today at a different place and that tracked immediately.

I am hoping great rates like this come around when I need them in October!

I did notice the UR portal doesn't go out as far as United. I will need Sat to Sat for October so I was pricing Sat to Sat in Aug with United to get a feel for what it looks like. I saw 8/15 had some times that were $559 one-way. Anything under $750 one-way will be better than transferring the 50,000 URs. Whats weird is that I did not see this rate on previous attempts so after a week of releasing, some flights definitely decreased in price. All so random!

So I'm a moron. In the app, it shows flexible economy as the third price over, which I thought was the first/business class column. There are flights ewr-lax at decent times for $659, which with the 1.5x CSR multiplier aren't too bad. So in a few days when aug 20 is available on the portal, I'm going to have to decide if I want to lock it in or wait and hope savers into SNA open up.

If one is approved for a Hilton Amex, can anyone tell me about how long it takes to arrive? I'd need it by October 8 at the latest. Is that reasonable, do you think, or am I too late?

Not sure if anyone else is looking at the IHG premier card. I was looking for DH as I have the old, discontinued $49AF card and he has none. Would like to get another cert (realizing it is only up to 40K points but that works for us). Did a dummy booking since I read there was the same offer on IHG site but with $50 credit. I didn't see the $50 credit but on IHG it has offer for 125K SUB ending 10/9. I don't see anything on Chase site of an end date. Not sure if this is real or a way to push more people in getting the card.
1569176816245.png

It is 7 days before they will credit, but you can probably ask earlier. I had to contact them about every single Kroger claim because none of them tracked. They would wait the 7 days before they would credit me every time. I never showed my receipt. I was able to screenshot my visa app that showed the amount, the date, the store and the last 4 digits of the card. But if you have the receipt that would probably work too. I always waited and by then my receipt was long gone.

It is 7 days before they will credit, but you can probably ask earlier. I had to contact them about every single Kroger claim because none of them tracked. They would wait the 7 days before they would credit me every time. I never showed my receipt. I was able to screenshot my visa app that showed the amount, the date, the store and the last 4 digits of the card. But if you have the receipt that would probably work too. I always waited and by then my receipt was long gone.
Perfect! I’ll just pull up my AmEx charge.

So I'm a moron. In the app, it shows flexible economy as the third price over, which I thought was the first/business class column. There are flights ewr-lax at decent times for $659, which with the 1.5x CSR multiplier aren't too bad. So in a few days when aug 20 is available on the portal, I'm going to have to decide if I want to lock it in or wait and hope savers into SNA open up.
It is definitely a lot to figure out. I prefer doing most things on my laptop so I can see why that is confusing in the app! I am glad you are seeing some flights with lower prices. Hopefully SNA opens when you need it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!