I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The extra info Barclays wanted for my AA biz app arrived to their PO box today, so hopefully i'll hear something good from them soon. DH found out today that he has a few more vacation days next year since he now gets the option to work minor holidays, plus the 4th of July falls on a Saturday which is already a day off for him. I'd love the AA points to extend our fall WDW trip a couple days!

How sensitive is Chase to recent credit inquiries? My TransUnion score shows 2 CI this month, Equifax only shows one in December, but I can still see both of my Chase Biz app inquiries on that report, plus my Citi AA biz denied app in October. I was planing to apply for my 2nd SW card towards mid to late January. If Chase mainly uses Equifax (based on the previous inquiries still lingering) should I be fine applying for the other SW biz as planned in 3ish weeks?

If I have an AmEx offer that expires tomorrow, is it too late to use it today and still get the credit? I'm worried if it doesn't post right away they won't count it.

I’ve often found that amex will post charges to the day you made the purchase. So while I make the purchase today and it’s pending until the 1st, it’ll post back to the 30th.It doesn’t usually do that with Chase.

I’ve often found that amex will post charges to the day you made the purchase. So while I make the purchase today and it’s pending until the 1st, it’ll post back to the 30th.It doesn’t usually do that with Chase.
Oh that's good to know! I received the email saying I used the offer and I took a screenshot of the actual offer, so hopefully I should be good!

On Christmas Eve I used the Chase Staples offer to purchase a Disney gift card. The gift card has arrived, and I added it to my existing gift card balance. However, the charge still hasn’t shown up on my Chase account :confused3 I figure it will show up eventually, but it’s been almost a week. Is that weird?

On Christmas Eve I used the Chase Staples offer to purchase a Disney gift card. The gift card has arrived, and I added it to my existing gift card balance. However, the charge still hasn’t shown up on my Chase account :confused3 I figure it will show up eventually, but it’s been almost a week. Is that weird?
That does seem pretty slow but I'm sure it will post eventually. If the offer has expired by then I've had good luck sending Chase a SM and then they'll apply the credit. I trust Chase more than I do Amex!

That does seem pretty slow but I'm sure it will post eventually. If the offer has expired by then I've had good luck sending Chase a SM and then they'll apply the credit. I trust Chase more than I do Amex!
It’s kind of funny I logged in to see if I had received the credit and when the purchase wasn’t even showing up I had an oh 💩 moment thinking I put it on the wrong card. So I was quickly logging in to check all of our cards for the charge and there’s nothing. So I finally checked my Staples receipt and I used the correct card. Phew! Now I’m happily sitting on a “free” Disney gift card 😂 that’s one heck of a good Chase offer 🤣🤣. It’ll probably post tonight and the fun will be over

one reason...I want to ditch my biz green AF which is due in a few days...and need to park my MR's somewhere, got the popup on the biz blue.(no shock I'm a terrible customer lol) I prob picked wrong as Amex has about a million cards that all look so similiar to me...

Yeah, the Blues can get confusing. It's like all the BonBlah cards. I get their names mixed up. I figured you want to keep the MRs safe and get rid of an AF. I just wasn't sure why you were choosing the Blue over the Everyday since both have no AF but the Everyday has better earning potential. I was hoping you hadn't already pulled the trigger so you could get more bang for no buck LOL

We went to see Coming From Away at Kennedy Center and it was very enjoyable, but I didn't have to use my box of tissues, just one or two. I would like to see it again to better try and catch some of the earlier dialogue as the pace was pretty fast and I think I missed a lot of the earlier references and it took me a bit to get my ear accustomed to the portrayed accents.

Overall, I recommend this musical and will try to catch it again If possible.

Oh that is good to hear. We are getting to see it soon as it is part of our annual subscription. Looking forward to it. I guess I will listen to the soundtrack and read the lyrics beforehand.

Great use of your Lux credit! Have you stayed at the Bohemian Hotel (Marriott) over in Celebration? I may add this night to an upcoming trip as an arrival night to stretch our Disney time.

My annual fees on my hotel cards are definitely part of my vacation budget. Those fees and cards usually make it possible for me to double my hotel budget. And right now Marriott free nights are burning a hole in my pocket. I like to hold onto points but the certs are so easy to use!

Annual fees on other cards are a bit harder for me to justify, but so far I've done okay. Can't wait to leave for Disney and trying to find reasons to leave earlier!

No I had not even heard of this property. Good to know about another choice. It was hard trying to find something over the weekend that was going to come out under $300 per night. I rarely go to WDW during Christmas and New Year's week.

Yes, Haley is in Iowa. I’m in Ohio but still have power. It flickered briefly early this morning but it’s on. If I remember right, I think @GlamMistress is in Dayton? Not positive but I think so. There’s a lot of power out down there.
Yes I am in the Dayton area. We lost power for four hours overnight. Really odd weather here for end of December.

I honestly think it's easier to get approved with a sole prop "business" than with an actual business.
My actual business is a single rental property but I have always applied for cc as sole prop.
I earned almost $700 cash back my first year. I use the cash back for travel-related expenses (sometimes DVC dues when I don't earn enough free cards), rental cars, etc. I also use the cash back to pay my one card with an annual fee each year.
I applied for a new Discover to earn $ for a cruise. My old Discover Card is from 1988. No double cash on that one. Lol
It’s kind of funny I logged in to see if I had received the credit and when the purchase wasn’t even showing up I had an oh 💩 moment thinking I put it on the wrong card. So I was quickly logging in to check all of our cards for the charge and there’s nothing. So I finally checked my Staples receipt and I used the correct card. Phew! Now I’m happily sitting on a “free” Disney gift card 😂 that’s one heck of a good Chase offer 🤣🤣. It’ll probably post tonight and the fun will be over
If it’s a Chase Biz Card, I find it often takes a while to show up. Charges show up pending, then disappear, then reappear. Weird.

Aloha, from our vacation from our vacation.

noVVIrN.jpg

Chicago is pretty weird too. Warm weather to 60s around Christmas. Rain on and off Saturday and Sunday. Today light rain/sleet during the day, light snow now.
That’s how Iowa weather was too. It was nice while we were there until today. It made coming home feel so much better though

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!