I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
packing cubes? I got into it with another group about packing cubes... they are rollers, im the only one that uses packing cubes...
when i went on my cruise 2 weeks ago, it made a huge difference since i was able to throw them into the cubby on the ship.

OMG, totally! The storage situation on my last cruise was awful. Literally the only drawer in the entire cabin was in the desk and the depth was like an inch. I don't know what I would have done without the packing cubes. A lot of rummaging I suppose!

That cruise was the reason I decided I *needed* a hanging toiletry bag, lol.

I’m going to try and catchup but haven’t been around since my Mom passed away suddenly and is with Dad in Heaven.
She was 91, still living on her own in the house we grew up in...she was blessed with a long, healthy life and was exactly where she wanted to be at home so for that we are grateful.

So glad I had plenty of SW points and was able to fly my son on them vs a $1,100 airline ticket

I’m going to try and catchup but haven’t been around since my Mom passed away suddenly and is with Dad in Heaven.
She was 91, still living on her own in the house we grew up in...she was blessed with a long, healthy life and was exactly where she wanted to be at home so for that we are grateful.

So glad I had plenty of SW points and was able to fly my son on them vs a $1,100 airline ticket

I am so sorry. :grouphug:

I got the Amex Apple Pay offer. Does anyone know if Safeway takes Apple Pay?

Safeway supposedly started rolling out Apple Pay to their stores in 2017, but my local Safeways still don't accept Apple Pay.

600 more MR's coming my way. My Safeway has Apple Pay. Shoutout to the cashier that let me split my groceries into three separate transactions.

Glad to hear it worked out! I wasn't aware that all Safeways/Albertsons aren't currently taking Apple Pay. My local Albertsons does.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :grouphug:

Ok, I will. $12,000 is awesome but it still can’t purchase as many business or first class lie flat seats as nearly one million MR can. I respect the decision to cash out but it isn’t something I’d ever do.

Here's the other side: I'd cash it out and buy $12k worth of VTSAX and let it ride. Then again, that's the FIRE girl in me. I can't help it.

Oh and today I am officially past the 24 month waiting more to get another Hyatt card. Just a little longer before I'm under 5/24!

Oh my! SO sorry :( I actually had looked up your profile earlier today because I hadn’t seen you comment in awhile and wondered if you were on a trip or something and I missed it. Prayers going out to you and your family.

EDIT: Liking your comment in support of you in this difficult time.

Here's the other side: I'd cash it out and buy $12k worth of VTSAX and let it ride. Then again, that's the FIRE girl in me. I can't help it.

Oh and today I am officially past the 24 month waiting more to get another Hyatt card. Just a little longer before I'm under 5/24!
ALL IN VTSAX!!! Yeeeeeaaaahhh!!!! :D (sorry that just triggered some excitement in the FIRE portion of me LOL!)

I'm so sorry. :-(

So for those using packing cubes, do you just fold your clothing normally and put it in the cubes? Or roll? I've seen people do both.

packing cubes? I got into it with another group about packing cubes... they are rollers, im the only one that uses packing cubes...
when i went on my cruise 2 weeks ago, it made a huge difference since i was able to throw them into the cubby on the ship.
Purses really, but I could use a few cubes too. I seem to like to use the same size cubes mostly :) love being able to pull a cube out and out it in a drawer or on the other bed in the room!
I'm using a leftover xmas card envelop that is not a conventional business size and I am folding the papers to fit the envelop. I have to pay. I have to mail. I'm not wasting 1 extra penny on an envelop. Plus I was waiting until last minute.
Lol. I only have to mail because now I'm correcting due to my stupid unexpected Chase 1099 :badpc:

Whaaaat?? Normally, zoos make me super depressed but the one exception is the San Diego Zoo. It is really well done so hopefully you can visit someday.
It's probably my second favorite... behind Omaha :) I'm biased of course, but Omaha is a really great and well respected zoo

We'll be thinking of you and your family :hug:

So for those using packing cubes, do you just fold your clothing normally and put it in the cubes? Or roll? I've seen people do both.

Packing is so complicated for me. I love the cubes for warm weather clothes. I roll the tanks and use the big one for the shorts so I don't have to fold them. I don't like cubes for long pants and sweatshirts, these work better rolling or folding normally and not shoving them in a cube. I can't get it to work and I had most everything packed in one before France last year and then re did it all when it wouldn't fit right with the cubes. I don't feel like I need more/different sized cubes because what I have works great for WDW or warm weather trips but I also use the bigger suitcase for WDW because of MDE etc. The cubes just don't work in my smaller suitcase and smaller cubes wouldn't help because the clothes are bulkier. I def see the advantage but not for everything. And if I don't use them I do a combo of folding and rolling so I'm nothing if not inconsistent :) But I also don't find the cubes or rolling stuff gives me any more room than just folding them does. I think it's all perception to sell more cubes :rotfl2:

I do like cubes and bags to contain small things, stuff I don't want getting pawed through when my suitcase is opened and shoes. I like the fun disney or other design drawstring bags Target sometimes has in the dollar spot, though I think the bags are generally 3 bucks now.

But I also either label outfits or take photo's of them so I know what to wear on each day, especially at WDW since I take the same shorts. Need to make sure I'm not wearing the same thing to meet a character that I've already worn before. :laughing:

So very sorry for your loss. You’re in my prayers :hug:

I don't really know the answer on that one. PA taxes for residents are super simple and I'd say for 99%+ people either owe a small amount or owe nothing and very rarely do you get a refund (if ever) so I don't even know what the options are.

I concur with @SouthFayetteFan, I've never once got a refund and don't know anyone who has. Even if you qualify for one of the limited deductions usually it just offsets your interest type earnings so you come out even or pay a little less than normal :)

Since you can pay through ETF/ACH I suspect that if you could have filed online they may have had an option to do a direct deposit (possibly), but with a paper return it'd be a paper check for sure. I'm just happy we can file and pay online for free. And it's so simple I always wondered who would pay the tax software to do state returns :laughing: I realize now we're sorta lucky in that regard.

Interesting. Ours are super simple also, but for whatever reason have always gotten a refund from the state. Direct deposit. I guess our state or DH employer can't do simple math, DH works for the government so it could likely be either, lol. I also mailed our state taxes in, like a peasant, and direct deposit was still option on the paper form.

So sorry! :grouphug: Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Packing is so complicated for me. I love the cubes for warm weather clothes. I roll the tanks and use the big one for the shorts so I don't have to fold them. I don't like cubes for long pants and sweatshirts, these work better rolling or folding normally and not shoving them in a cube. I can't get it to work and I had most everything packed in one before France last year and then re did it all when it wouldn't fit right with the cubes. I don't feel like I need more/different sized cubes because what I have works great for WDW or warm weather trips but I also use the bigger suitcase for WDW because of MDE etc. The cubes just don't work in my smaller suitcase and smaller cubes wouldn't help because the clothes are bulkier. I def see the advantage but not for everything. And if I don't use them I do a combo of folding and rolling so I'm nothing if not inconsistent :) But I also don't find the cubes or rolling stuff gives me any more room than just folding them does. I think it's all perception to sell more cubes :rotfl2:

I do like cubes and bags to contain small things, stuff I don't want getting pawed through when my suitcase is opened and shoes. I like the fun disney or other design drawstring bags Target sometimes has in the dollar spot, though I think the bags are generally 3 bucks now.

But I also either label outfits or take photo's of them so I know what to wear on each day, especially at WDW since I take the same shorts. Need to make sure I'm not wearing the same thing to meet a character that I've already worn before. :laughing:

DD didn't believe in the packing cubes until she packed for 6 months away. She had the suitcase full and she wanted to bring a lot more. So she put everything in the suitcase in cubes and she was only half full! Which turned out to be a bad thing, I think. lol She packed way too much stuff. Over 50 pounds. We had to reorganize her 2 suitcases to more evenly distribute the weight. The packing cubes did make the moving around easier.

Has anyone paid student loans via a business credit card through Plastiq? We’ll have 10,000 Ffd by the end of next month.

I’ve gotten some emails from a plastiq business rep that if we’re going to be spending more than $10k then there might be some better incentives. Anyone heard of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts