I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by SouthFayetteFan, Jan 17, 2019.

1. punkin

punkin <font color=purple>Went through pain just to look

It is a tragedy!

2. elgerber

elgerber DIS Veteran

I cannot say the same.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. GusGus16

GusGus16 Mouseketeer

The thread was moving quick today!

I would totally cash them out...

Me either, scared of the pop-up only two cards with Amex but hoping to avoid the pop-up. At some point I'm just going to hit them hard and not worry about burning that bridge.

This makes me worried...

See that this played out, I looked into renting a car for my sister, I wouldn't be there for pick up, and read something about how the credit card that was used to pay has to match the driver, so I think very YMMV type of situation. I didn't end up renting one for her for fear that she wouldn't be able to pick it up.

I love this, hoping like everyone suggested my auto deny is just verification...

Love costco car rentals!

Only reason I got a costco membership was for the car rentals, has saved me at least 3x the membership fees on car rentals alone and the 2nd driver is a great perk. When I got my costco membership I was like, I'm never going to use this except for the rentals, but I end up going at least a couple times a month and it isn't that convenient for me. Gas is the cheapest in my area, and organic produce is typically a good price. Also best price on bottled water.

So sorry for your loss, :hug:. Always the best to keep busy, and working on the CC plans are the best! So many options!

5. Angrose

Angrose DIS Veteran

I haven't been keeping up on here very well lately, but I remember seeing something a week or so ago about downgrading a current CSR to a Freedom, then upgrading a different Freedom to a CSR to get the $300 travel credit again. I'm just checking that I will definitely be able to upgrade my current Freedom Unlimited to a new CSR, right? The credit limit is good at $10K, so it would meet that requirement. Is there any reason they would say no to that? I called Chase a little while ago and got cold feet. The agent totally talked me into keeping the current CSR. I totally felt like...

i-wanna-quit-the-gym.jpg

kmc8826, miztressuz, wendow and 7 others like this.
  6. calypso726

calypso726 Escaping reality one Disney vacation at a time

So sorry for your loss

7. MKTokyo

MKTokyo Mouseketeer

I am so upset about Notre-Dame. Too much is irreplaceable.

They have managed to save all of the artwork & relics. However, the stained glass windows from the 1200s have been destroyed, and they can never be repaired because some of the colors cannot be replicated today. Seeing the sunlight come through them was like magic. There were three windows & I know two of them are gone. Not sure about the last one. Hopefully it survived as it was lower than the other two.

The first time we visited, I was walking around in awe, really missing my grandma because I know she would have absolutely loved it. I came upon a beautiful little chapel where you can light candles for your loved ones & someone is sitting there to pray for them. I thought, "I will do this every time I come to Paris." :(

As a museum person, I feel absolutely sick. Such a major cultural tragedy.

Sarah_B, alryan, miztressuz and 17 others like this.
  8. Chancery8

Chancery8 Mouseketeer

@palhockeymomof2 I’m so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your mom was a wonderfully independent woman and it’s amazing she still lived in the house you grew up in. My thoughts are with you and your family. :grouphug:

9. MKTokyo

MKTokyo Mouseketeer

Very sorry for your loss.

10. calypso726

calypso726 Escaping reality one Disney vacation at a time

I do both depending on what I'm packing and how much I'm packing.

11. bernina

bernina Mouseketeer

I’m so very sorry for the loss of your mother. You’re in my thoughts and prayers. <<hugs>>

12. schmass

schmass DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry for your loss.

tink1970, palhockeymomof2 and Haley R like this.
  13. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

Good luck to your Dh!

14. Lain

Lain DIS Veteran

For lighter items like shirts, t-shirts, blouses, and intimates, we roll. Socks we tuck into a ball. Thicker items like pants, jeans, and outerwear, we do a kind of Konmari fold.

15. Haley R

I’m sorry about your loss

16. CaT_DisLife

CaT_DisLife Mouseketeer

I am very sorry for your loss.

17. Haley R

Dh finally got contacted with more info about relocating. They’re taking a long time but it is what it is and we’re just impatient. We are now waiting for the realtor to contact Dh. We get a paid trip down for a maximum of 4 nights/5 days and the hotel has to be $128/night or less. We found a Hilton so we’ll link that to our Hilton honors and get points for the stay. They reimburse us for the flights, hotel, and food. Good thing we’re trying to meet the MSR on dh’s CIP #2!

18. CaT_DisLife

CaT_DisLife Mouseketeer

I roll up all the clothes before putting them in the cubes. I place the cubes in the drawers or cabinets when we get to our hotel. Each family member has their own cube color. This has completely made it easier for everyone to find their things.

19. Mopedmom1

Mopedmom1 DIS Veteran

I bought this same exact one. It is sitting where I dropped it last week after mustering the energy to walk to my front door. Flu bug is serious...been down 8 days now. Maybe I'll open the package tonight and exam it.

Packing cubes ftw ! My ebags order also contained four large ones for dh. I am a hybrid fold and roll person. They came in so handy this last vacation with a 7 day cruise and 2 different land destinations.

@palhockeymomof2 My sincerest condolences. :grouphug:

wanderlust7, tink1970, Lain and 2 others like this.
  20. StephPlum

StephPlum DIS Veteran

:grouphug: Sorry for your loss.

21. CaT_DisLife

CaT_DisLife Mouseketeer

wanderlust7 and Mopedmom1 like this.