I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
/
Do we know if the pay-your-self option going to disappear on 10/1?

I sure hope not. It doesn't seem like it will based on the wording they use, like the current categories are grocery, etc. But they sure are waiting until the last minute to say what the categories will be after 9/30.
For those of you thinking about getting the Hyatt card and have lots of travel planned in December you might want to read this:
https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/hyatt-bonus-journeys-q4-2020-promo/
This promotion couldn't have come at a better time for me. I have four nights on points in October that I'll get 25k back and a paid stay in November at the all inclusive Hyatt Ziva in the Domincan Republic. I'm using money that I got from PYB, and depending if the resort gets 3x or 4X I should earn around 60-75k points. That's crazy. So between the two I'll get enough points back so maybe my DH and I can back without the kids :-)

Either four or six. Half the time I go to Costco I'm only getting two or three things (always buy a rotisserie chicken for the dog). So going to a regular checkcout can be a huge pain. I thought we would never get them.

We finally got SCO too at Costco!! At first I was so excited but then I realized I never go to Costco without buying the place out - I've been twice this past week and I spent $250 the first time and $280 the second. Sadly, I see those beautiful SCO's and then have to go get in the regular lines.

Ladies and gents; are we legit back in “business”???? 😉

Wow instant approval, we should all be so lucky. I am still concerned with the recent personal denials they'll have an issue with my new cards but I still think I'll try tomorrow. I thought about it earlier, but having to wait til Monday wasn't appealing. But with this, hmm... Both of my prior haven't been instant though. Still want the CIC though.

Wow instant approval, we should all be so lucky. I am still concerned with the recent personal denials they'll have an issue with my new cards but I still think I'll try tomorrow. I thought about it earlier, but having to wait til Monday wasn't appealing. But with this, hmm... Both of my prior haven't been instant though. Still want the CIC though.
I’m sort of pumped about this!!! Keep us posted!

I’m sort of pumped about this!!! Keep us posted!

You know I will. And I promise to unfreeze all my credit before applying instead of thinking DoC's list was right and only unfreezing that just for them to want the one I hadn't done. No I didn't make a note of it, but also who's to say they don't change it.

Also, I'll either be here shouting Yay! Or crying at my first ever credit card denial. I really don't want to deal with reconing it. I just want 50k in UR :teeth: oh and a card that gets me extra points at places I spend at and no AF vs the CIP.

Is Southwest doing upgraded boarding right now? I realized I still have credits left on my SW personal card that I wasn’t able to redeem last year.

Yes, they work. That's what I've been using the past year. Here's a link that gives you step by step instructions. https://www.whattowatch.com/how-to/how-use-gift-card-youtube-tv But I still feel like there was a bit of a learning curve, like the first month my credit card still got charged. I can't remember, but it did manage to get it to work. Not sure about Target.
I use google play gift cards too (I buy at kroger and get fuel points). Right now I'm using my platinum streaming credit but will go back to gift cards in January.

Well skimmed over the last couple of months. Congrats to those with new cards. Took a break from the thread and spent the time in the DVC threads and dealing with virtual school. For some reason this thread gives me errors on the phone more than other threads. Anyways since our HI trip had to be cancelled last week I was able to get 12 nights at Disney world resorts instead. So excited to get back even though we won’t be doing Disney parks. Kids will do virtual school from the room for the first week then enjoy the rest of the time.

Looking for advice on a new credit card. I read the first couple of stickys so ill do my best to provide you with the best overview. We currently have 1 credit card, a Disney visa, opened 10+ years ago. (I know we can do MUCH better, rewards wise) We only use it for big purchases like trips/hotel stays, which we take a couple of times per year.

We are now doing some home remodeling and thought that with all of the 0% APR offers it would be a good time to open a new card.
We are looking for a rewards card and leaning towards either the CF Flex or CF Unlimited. Anything else we should consider?
We never keep a balance, unless there's a zero interest promo then we will divide out our payments.

Looking for advice on a new credit card. I read the first couple of stickys so ill do my best to provide you with the best overview. We currently have 1 credit card, a Disney visa, opened 10+ years ago. (I know we can do MUCH better, rewards wise) We only use it for big purchases like trips/hotel stays, which we take a couple of times per year.

We are now doing some home remodeling and thought that with all of the 0% APR offers it would be a good time to open a new card.
We are looking for a rewards card and leaning towards either the CF Flex or CF Unlimited. Anything else we should consider?
We never keep a balance, unless there's a zero interest promo then we will divide out our payments.
What are you looking to do with the rewards? International Travel, domestic flights, hotels on road trips, straight cash back? Are you doing the remodeling or paying someone to do it? How opposed to Annual Fees are you?

I think the Flex is a good card for just about everyone, in order to maximize rewards though you really need to pair it with an Annual Fee card in order to transfer those wonderful UR to travel partners. I'm very jealous that @SouthFayetteFan fan got his Flex before me. I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail.

Do we know if the pay-your-self option going to disappear on 10/1?

I’m alert to any news regarding this also. Hoping they continue in some form. Although, I’m going to try keeping app. 200k UR in the account for future travel stuff and I’m getting close to that now. But I’m also still earning UR so that doesn’t mean I’m done! With all the big recent Chase announcements, hopefully this one is coming up on the agenda.

Anyone else watch The Devil All the Time on Netflix? Pretty weird but I oddly liked it. Dh said he didn’t like it. We skipped through parts because I don’t do nudity

I got a notice that my CF was kicked out of my Apple wallet while I was still on the phone PCing to Flex. Then the email that my DoorDash account was cancelled bc my CF is no more. I hope it comes quickly since I haven't maxed out Amazon this quarter although I did place an order an hour or so before I pc'd.
I PC'd my CF to CFF on Friday. The agent told me my CF# would be good for 60 days.

I have a question because we’ve never been 5/24 but Dh is now. Can he apply for a chase biz or does he need to be below 5/24? He has a card dropping off this month so we can wait if we need to

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter