I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it'll never get added right? So it's really my worst nightmare of I just have to wait until I get an email or even worse a letter in the mail. Unless I want to talk with a real person.
Do you use Mint.com? That's how I find out that most of my Chase Biz cards are approved, LOL! They send me an email lol. But yes, seeing it appear on your Chase account is your only option now basically.

I noticed quite a few parents on the parent page being very confused about this after statements came out and wondering why they got billed after their “prepaid” plans. Being out of state and seeing that bill, the engineering add on isn’t that shocking. Lol
Lol. I know--I noticed what out-of-state engineering tuition was. I never even thought about this until I started looking into cost of attendance and realized how much higher engineering tuition was than college of arts & sciences and I thought I'd better check what me prepaid plan covers. Now I sort of want dd to go to Tech:) (just kidding--I want her to go where she wants:)

Do you use Mint.com? That's how I find out that most of my Chase Biz cards are approved, LOL! They send me an email lol. But yes, seeing it appear on your Chase account is your only option now basically.

I didn't login to apply, don't need to any more. Would it even go in?

No mint here.

Hey folks. Been a while since I was here -- I see these are heady times on the Chase front. My questions, however, concern, canceling not getting, new cards. I have 8 Amex cards. I want to drop 2 of them (and downgrade another), all in the next 6 months, and want to know if I should take any special steps or even spread things out more in order to avoid being put on the AmEx naughty list. Here are the details:

I want to drop
Bonvoy Brilliant, anniversary on 11/20
Gold, anniversary on 12/22
I want to downgrade
Regular Platinum to Green Card, anniversary roughly 2/1.

My other Amex cards are

Blue Cash Preferred
Schwab Platinum
Regular Bonvoy
Delta Skymiles Gold
Hilton Aspire

As of the anniversary dates I will have held the Bonvoy Brilliant and the Gold for 2 years each. The Platinum is way old, and just a downgrade anyway. Since I don't get any anniversary bonus from the Gold Card should I drop it now, before the anniversary, and creates at least a little more spread (about 3 months) between the Gold drop and when I drop BB? Or is it better to hold them for the 2 full years. And if I do that, I will get most of the AF refunded on both if I cancel within a month of the anniversary, correct? For the Plat to Green downgrade I'm thinking of doing that in January, just before the new AF hits.

Oooh time to potentially rent a car again!

Available cards are:

CIC
CIP
CSP
Amex BBP

Is any of these better than any other for points or protection or anything like that? I seem to recall I am supposed to decline any of the insurances offered by the rental car company...

Last edited:
Oh boy....just when I'm about to get back into it, Biz cards open back up! AHHHH, anyone wanna help me with this?

I have the CIP (got it 1/20). I'm sitting on 4/24 dropping to 3/24 in October. I really have no Chase card I was waiting on with the freeze on the biz cards. So I was going to go for the free IHG one to beef up some of my points (I have the premier). If I try for the CIC (on the books I have a "legit" business, just not shooting photos these days, but still have my tax ID, etc), how long before I can go for the IHG card?

Also, would it make more sense to try for the biz aviator first? Barclay has denied me that card like 3 or 4 times. But my new card action has been much lower these days. My last new open acct was in April. If I'm approved for the biz that doesn't affect the CIC or IHG right since I'll be under 4/24 (or 3/24) still? I want more AA miles, so I'd honestly prefer that over the UR (since I COULD PC the CIP to CIC in January).

I'm just waiting to close on this stupid refi. October is always my month to get new cards! And I haven't had a MSR to hit since Jan, so I'm dying here, LOL.

Side note: BF and I are hitting Nashville for my Bday in October. I've never been. Any suggestion on where to stay? I have a free IHG night I was thinking of maybe using. I have a ton of Hilton points too. Nothing really w/ Marriott and I don't do Hyatt (I mean I have UR so I could, but I don't have any Hyatt).

Thank you. Any particular reason why the CF flex vs the CF ultimate? For the time being, we would redeem the rewards for just straight cash back. We are paying someone to do the vast majority of the remodel. We have the money to pay him outright but he's the one who actually suggested to look at all of the credit card deals out there because of the 0% APRs. We don't do any international travel so I don't think one of the travel rewards is a good fit for our needs right now. We live in FL so we rarely leave the state when traveling.
I like the 5% categories, which can outweigh the extra 0.5% on not bonus spend, 3% at drug stores and the far superior cell phone insurance. The standard for straight cash back cards is the Citi DoubleCash, 1% on purchases and 1% on payments.
Apparently I have connections LOL! I don’t know what those connections are... but I must have them!
I'll go with you are closer to wherever they mailed them from, and probably closer to a major mail center than I am.

Available cards are:

CIC
CIP
CSP
Amex BBP

Is any of these better than any other for points or protection or anything like that? I seem to recall I am supposed to decline any of the insurances offered by the rental car company...
If the rental is for personal reasons, the CSP, if it is for business one of the Ink cards. Chase gives primary rental car insurance rather than the secondary offered through other cards. And unlike AMEX you don't have to pay any extra for it. This is the #1 reason I keep my CSP every year.

Available cards are:

CIC
CIP
CSP
Amex BBP

I always use the Sapphire Preferred (or Reserve) because the insurance coverage is PRIMARY. Having had an accident once with a rental car, this is a really big perk to me.

Oops, EACarlson posted while I was typing! Great minds...

If the rental is for personal reasons, the CSP, if it is for business one of the Ink cards. Chase gives primary rental car insurance rather than the secondary offered through other cards. And unlike AMEX you don't have to pay any extra for it. This is the #1 reason I keep my CSP every year.

I always use the Sapphire Preferred (or Reserve) because the insurance coverage is PRIMARY. Having had an accident once with a rental car, this is a really big perk to me.

Oops, EACarlson posted while I was typing! Great minds...
OH... wow I didn't even know there was a difference between primary/secondary insurance... last time I rented a car I didn't have the CSP.

Thank you!!

Hey folks. Been a while since I was here -- I see these are heady times on the Chase front. My questions, however, concern, canceling not getting, new cards. I have 8 Amex cards. I want to drop 2 of them (and downgrade another), all in the next 6 months, and want to know if I should take any special steps or even spread things out more in order to avoid being put on the AmEx naughty list. Here are the details:

I want to drop
Bonvoy Brilliant, anniversary on 11/20
Gold, anniversary on 12/22
I want to downgrade
Regular Platinum to Green Card, anniversary roughly 2/1.

My other Amex cards are

Blue Cash Preferred
Schwab Platinum
Regular Bonvoy
Delta Skymiles Gold
Hilton Aspire

As of the anniversary dates I will have held the Bonvoy Brilliant and the Gold for 2 years each. The Platinum is way old, and just a downgrade anyway. Since I don't get any anniversary bonus from the Gold Card should I drop it now, before the anniversary, and creates at least a little more spread (about 3 months) between the Gold drop and when I drop BB? Or is it better to hold them for the 2 full years. And if I do that, I will get most of the AF refunded on both if I cancel within a month of the anniversary, correct? For the Plat to Green downgrade I'm thinking of doing that in January, just before the new AF hits.

Amex has been generous with retention offers recently. You might want to try that first. I think you can even do it by chat now. There's a thread on Flyertalk if you want to get an idea what people are getting.

If you do end up canceling, the AF is refunded within 30 days after it posts. You can probably get another airline credit out of the Gold. Downgrading to Green, is that just to keep the account history? It doesn't have much benefits for the $150 AF. Also, if you've never had the Green before, you'd lock yourself out of the bonus.

As for pop-up avoidance, it's a mystery. It should help that you've kept the cards past the 1 year. If you're planning to apply for anything, would be better to do it before you cancel anything. My guess is it's more spend than card cancellations, but just a guess.

@Haley R - always check your 'just for you' offers. That's how I got a CIU at 7 or 8/24. Otherwise, you need to be below 5/24. I'm still getting them, but not what I want right at the moment.
Thanks I never thought to check those. I’ll admit I haven’t been paying any attention to ccs lately. We’ve had a lot going on at home.

Well given the alerts I've already received, I'm guessing it's not working. I don't need to order anything right now, but I'm not counting on my CF working.
Usually for a PC the card # stays the same, but for a PC from a Visa to a MC I expect the number has to change, perhaps that is why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!