I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should know this but I cannot figure it out. I figure someone here will know...

I am a current (well... it technically isn't current as it should have expired October 9, but you know...) Disneyland AP holder and I thought I have read that AP holders get some sort of discount on Shopdisney, but I don't know if that's true and if so, how to "use" it. Can anyone help me out?

Otherwise I'm just sitting here waiting for the CIU to show up in the mail. Informed Delivery lately has been worse than useless for me. "A piece of mail for which we do not have an image is coming to you!"
I don’t know if this will help, but I was able to use my DVC discount on shop disney (not the app, only the website) with the code DVC30. I think the AP discount is AP30.

I'll bring you all a laugh today. I got back Monday from FL where I umpired the World Championships. I got home, put my bags down, hugged my wife and kids. Then handed my wife the envelope of money I made while in FL. I then walked over to my computer to order the pizza for dinner, when I woke up the computer on the browser was the WDW booking page, I hear my wife finish counting the money and yell at me from the living room, "This will just about cover the room and tickets for my sister and I to go to WDW and USO in February." I go to FL for 5 days and bring home a stack of money, she is going to FL for three days to spend all that money.

A booking question for pandemic travel. Assuming I book an international flight with Delta points on DeltaOne in May. can I cancel for any reason and redeposit points? I have no Delta status really. I hope to be able to travel in May, but who knows at this point.

That's a great question-right now their FAQ addresses flights purchased before December 2020 and the terminology is vague (referencing change in fares and flight credits not really award bookings). The only reference specifically to award redeposits is for tickets booked in 2021 (and that specifically says for domestic US/VI/PR flights). I'd likely scour the 'net to see if there's a consensus but it really seems...gray.

This year Delta has been great about redepositing miles without the $150/award ticket fee but who knows when that will change? 2020... :rolleyes2

Last edited:

AFAIK, not officially. Delta put out a "no change fees" announcement when all the others did but notably miles redeposit is for domestic travel only. Hard to say, since they're not flying internationally a lot what they will do-especially with the unknown of travel in 2021 but I'm not sure I would bank on it.

Here's what Delta's website officially says:

For tickets purchased in 2021 (after expiration of our Peace-of-Mind Purchasing waiver for all travel purchased before December 31, 2020), we’ve eliminated change fees and Award redeposit fees permanently for travel within the U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands (excluding Basic Economy fares).

Bolded is mine-nothing about international flight award redeposits.
Right. But I'm thinking of buying the tickets before December 31, 2020. I don't know...I hope we can travel but all of Europe is having a second wave right now so who knows.

Right. But I'm thinking of buying the tickets before December 31, 2020. I don't know...I hope we can travel but all of Europe is having a second wave right now so who knows.

It's so hard to know when airlines are going to revert back to being unreasonable. Logically if people can't travel to Europe then they shouldn't charge a redeposit fee and if you get the tickets prior to Jan 1, then their touted "no cancellation fee" should apply. It's just hard to trust any of the airlines 100% right now (and I'm a DL fan).

Good luck! If you're given an expiration date of 9/7/22, you would be able to convert it to points (need to do it by 12/15/20).
DH called earlier and the rep said it would cost $100 to extend the credit 6 months (???). She also said he should call back tomorrow (last day) or after it expires. He's going to try again tomorrow and see qhat a new rep may say.

I am really thinking of just forgetting about even trying to plan an Aulani trip for my 40th bday in June 2022. For me, I would really need to start to plan and map out how do that trip now and things are just too uncertain. Also it might not be the best idea to take my high maintenance 5 year old on an 11 hr flight.I’m going to push it back to 2024.
I am going to switch to a week at Disney using our new DVC points and would like to end the trip with 3 nights at a beach. After hearing so much about Sanibel/ Captiva I am starting to look there. Any recommendations on where to stay? We are a family of 5 so that always rules a lot out. I like to be right on the beach when possible. We are only doing 3 nights so many rentals are out since they want you do a whole week.

ETA: also open to other beaches on the Gulf side. Really just want clear water and white sandy beaches to replace all the cruises we have canceled.

Pay Yourself Back (and Chase Ink Unlimited). So I transfer my URs from my business cards to my CSR. Then use CSR at Kroger to buy Visa gift cards and pay myself back with points.
ah I get it.... I do the same- I guess I just never followed that path from a-b-c (in my head) like that but it makes perfect sense. spend,consolidate,PYB.

It started with Chase PYB, but I have decided to go all in on using rewards for home improvement projects. With next year's Hawaii and Universal trips flights and hotels covered with SW and Hilton points I figured I may as well just use the points. Today I redeemed Capital One Venture Miles for my local home improvement store, Menards, at 1ccp. So $500 for DH and me. I'll charge $130 of meals next week on vacation and use the final $130 worth of miles. Today we will go to Home Depot and see if we can find some flooring there that we like and if we do I'll use 300,000 MR for Home Depot Virtual Gift Cards. I know it's not as exciting as the Charles Schwab cashout at 1.25, but with only 150,000 MRs each and paying the annual fee on the Charles Schwab I just don't feel like going that route. My original plan was to pay for materials with my Gold that has the elevated 3x offer, but then we decided to redo the flooring in the main areas of the house and a bathroom. So this way I should be able to do both of those projects with no OOP.

So $4000 should cover all but $1000 or so in materials and I'll have $8000 in PYB for labor. That should be only be max $3-4k so I should have some PYB left over.

I'd say it's time to replenish my stash, but like @Haley R I'm going through a bit of a bad time with approvals as well. Both DH and I were denied for Chase biz in the past month. His was for biz structure and mine was for too many open accounts opened in the past year. Hard to argue with that one. :D I'll figure something out though.

It started with Chase PYB, but I have decided to go all in on using rewards for home improvement projects. With next year's Hawaii and Universal trips flights and hotels covered with SW and Hilton points I figured I may as well just use the points. Today I redeemed Capital One Venture Miles for my local home improvement store, Menards, at 1ccp. So $500 for DH and me. I'll charge $130 of meals next week on vacation and use the final $130 worth of miles. Today we will go to Home Depot and see if we can find some flooring there that we like and if we do I'll use 300,000 MR for Home Depot Virtual Gift Cards. I know it's not as exciting as the Charles Schwab cashout at 1.25, but with only 150,000 MRs each and paying the annual fee on the Charles Schwab I just don't feel like going that route. My original plan was to pay for materials with my Gold that has the elevated 3x offer, but then we decided to redo the flooring in the main areas of the house and a bathroom. So this way I should be able to do both of those projects with no OOP.

So $4000 should cover all but $1000 or so in materials and I'll have $8000 in PYB for labor. That should be only be max $3-4k so I should have some PYB left over.

I'd say it's time to replenish my stash, but like @Haley R I'm going through a bit of a bad time with approvals as well. Both DH and I were denied for Chase biz in the past month. His was for biz structure and mine was for too many open accounts opened in the past year. Hard to argue with that one. :D I'll figure something out though.

Check your Amex account to see if you have Home Depot as a 'featured' card. Usually when featured there is a point discount. I have it as featured but I can't check as I redeemed most of my MR's for Home Depot cards just recently and I don't have enough for a $50 card. They were 20% less if you took a digital card, but regular price for a physical card.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter