I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your Amex account to see if you have Home Depot as a 'featured' card. Usually when featured there is a point discount. I have it as featured but I can't check as I redeemed most of my MR's for Home Depot cards just recently and I don't have enough for a $50 card. They were 20% less if you took a digital card, but regular price for a physical card.

Good luck!
Thanks, right now physical gifts cards aren't available, and even my "featured" cards are 1cpp, except Delta and Nordstrom which are less than 1cpp. My contractor is busy and is hoping he can get to me by the end of the year, so if I find something I like I could wait a bit and see if it comes back at a discount, thank you!

I just noticed two fraudulent debit charges made in CA (I'm in MA) on a bank account that I barely use. I've never even used the debit card. It's still attached to the paper it came on and was tucked away in my files. How does this even happen?

I just noticed two fraudulent debit charges made in CA (I'm in MA) on a bank account that I barely use. I've never even used the debit card. It's still attached to the paper it came on and was tucked away in my files. How does this even happen?

They randomize numbers in hopes of getting one that works. A lot of it really isn't because our card got compromised.

Back on 9/30 when the 10x streaming was active I purchased $500 iTunes credit on my CSR, to stock up for the new iPhone. I finally checked the history today and it looks like I only got 1x. Should I reach out to chase to see if I can get the the other 4,500 URs, or is that sketchy so I should just leave it be?

Looking for some guidance.

I opened my CSR on October 15, 2016. The AF posted on the November 14th statement. When does the travel credit reset (October 15th or November 14th)? If it helps I earned my first travel credit on October 18th, 2016.

I am really thinking of just forgetting about even trying to plan an Aulani trip for my 40th bday in June 2022. For me, I would really need to start to plan and map out how do that trip now and things are just too uncertain. Also it might not be the best idea to take my high maintenance 5 year old on an 11 hr flight.I’m going to push it back to 2024.
I am going to switch to a week at Disney using our new DVC points and would like to end the trip with 3 nights at a beach. After hearing so much about Sanibel/ Captiva I am starting to look there. Any recommendations on where to stay? We are a family of 5 so that always rules a lot out. I like to be right on the beach when possible. We are only doing 3 nights so many rentals are out since they want you do a whole week.

ETA: also open to other beaches on the Gulf side. Really just want clear water and white sandy beaches to replace all the cruises we have canceled.

We went to Marco Island this summer and really enjoyed it. The beaches were very nice. Summer is their downtime as they have a lot of retirees there over the winter. There isn't a lot to do other than beaches, but we loved that about it!

I am really thinking of just forgetting about even trying to plan an Aulani trip for my 40th bday in June 2022. For me, I would really need to start to plan and map out how do that trip now and things are just too uncertain. Also it might not be the best idea to take my high maintenance 5 year old on an 11 hr flight.I’m going to push it back to 2024.
I am going to switch to a week at Disney using our new DVC points and would like to end the trip with 3 nights at a beach. After hearing so much about Sanibel/ Captiva I am starting to look there. Any recommendations on where to stay? We are a family of 5 so that always rules a lot out. I like to be right on the beach when possible. We are only doing 3 nights so many rentals are out since they want you do a whole week.

ETA: also open to other beaches on the Gulf side. Really just want clear water and white sandy beaches to replace all the cruises we have canceled.
The answer on Captiva is to rent a house. Lots of small rental companies down there so you have to search around on google to find various properties with the amenities you want then do your own comparisons.

Captiva Shores (google it since different owners here will rent their different sites) has a little condo complex (With some that overlook the gulf) that I would recommend too if you don’t want to pay the cost for a beachfront house.

Sanibel has some more condo type settings but the beach won’t be quite as desolate over there.

For both, VRBO can be a good place to search BUT not necessarily where you want to rent. Try to find the same property on another website and you might find it way cheaper.

Sometimes the stars align right and things fall neatly into place. Planning to move next spring to Virginia, have been looking at places online to get a feel for what's out there, prices, etc. Mentioned to a group of people that I'm looking to move to Alexandria, someone says I have a friend there, friend just happens to live in the area I'm looking at, recommends a real estate agent who lives in the area also and knows of something just coming on the market, drove down yesterday, made an offer, offer accepted this morning! Crazy!

I'll bring you all a laugh today. I got back Monday from FL where I umpired the World Championships. I got home, put my bags down, hugged my wife and kids. Then handed my wife the envelope of money I made while in FL. I then walked over to my computer to order the pizza for dinner, when I woke up the computer on the browser was the WDW booking page, I hear my wife finish counting the money and yell at me from the living room, "This will just about cover the room and tickets for my sister and I to go to WDW and USO in February." I go to FL for 5 days and bring home a stack of money, she is going to FL for three days to spend all that money.
That's exactly as it should be!

Back on 9/30 when the 10x streaming was active I purchased $500 iTunes credit on my CSR, to stock up for the new iPhone. I finally checked the history today and it looks like I only got 1x. Should I reach out to chase to see if I can get the the other 4,500 URs, or is that sketchy so I should just leave it be?
Wait - it is possible to by merchandise with iTunes cards? Looking to get an iPad at some point soon. If I start collecting iTunes cards, I can use them to pay for the iPad?

DH called earlier and the rep said it would cost $100 to extend the credit 6 months (???). She also said he should call back tomorrow (last day) or after it expires. He's going to try again tomorrow and see qhat a new rep may say.

I was hoping you would have better luck. We have a $75 credit about to expire, so it isn't worth $100 to extend. Hope you have better luck tomorrow.

Wait - it is possible to by merchandise with iTunes cards? Looking to get an iPad at some point soon. If I start collecting iTunes cards, I can use them to pay for the iPad?

Yes, you can use App Store & iTunes gift cards to make purchases of apple products. I believe it was a recent change, and was the reason I tried to take advantage of the 10x streaming credits to obtain iTunes credits.

Yes, you can use App Store & iTunes gift cards to make purchases of apple products. I believe it was a recent change, and was the reason I tried to take advantage of the 10x streaming credits to obtain iTunes credits.
Thanks. Will have to look into earning me some iTunes from my various rewards apps/sites.

I would send them a SM. They are pretty good about making things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter