I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random question. Can I buy a bunch of DVC gold AP vouchers and just hold on to them? Do they show the (arbitrary) 2030 expiration date in MDE? Then when we activate we'd only need to show ID/blue card at member services? Prices only go up and I feel like if I can get some good DGC deals that may be the way to go. If prices continue on the same path it's better than a stock market return 😂

I think you can. I did a few years ago and still have a couple in my MDE, which is where they land. That didn't stop me from upgrading an old ticket I had lying around and using it for a new gold pass, as one of my stashed tickets is a platinum or whatever the one with no blackouts is and I'll activate that on a year that I'm probably going during blackout dates.

So, I signed in to check and if you buy 2 at once you have to assign them to individual guests. So, I would buy one at a time. This would also work best if you are using a Disney gift card to purchase as you can only use one gift card at a time online, plus either a credit card or a rewards redemption card. Mine show the 2030 expiry. It is also my understanding that you can reassign them (within the rules of who qualifies to use them) to your other family members.

Yes, better than my other investment vehicles! Just limited in use, but still can be reassigned by my daughter who has access to all my DVC stuff (and Mde) as an owner with me. I put her on it when I bought.

Last edited:
Three signs of my imminent Disney trip...

1) Getting that first email reminder of your upcoming dining reservation!
2) Looking on MDE and seeing a FP for TOMORROW
3) Checking in for your flight

:D :D

Have an outstanding trip and I know you will enjoy that ROTR stuff.

Imagine me - sitting on the Boardwalk drinking my coffee at 6:30am watching the people hustling onto the boat to the Studios! No care in the world whether I ever get on any rides. I did watch the whole thing on you tube and know it is not for me. But - I need to go on MDE and find a few fast passes for a couple of things....

It's generally easier since they'll charge your CC on file on your renewal date for the regular contract rate which, IMO, is crazy. So then when you go to cancel/haggle they'll have to do some kind of refund to the card. If you can catch it before it charges then they can update the rate and you'll just get that charge. It complicated things for us since we also wanted to change the card to charge. If you change the card on file in your online account after they charge the renewal, they put the refund to the new card on file. Which hasn't been so bad in the past but we were changing the card to use an offer which won't trigger with a negative charge! :laughing:
Oh, so I had been collecting current offers as people mentioned them in the last few weeks. I armed hubby with them all, including the $30 for 6 months that he had been getting before... somehow we walked out with the $10/month. IDK. :confused3 Still better than $120 for 6 months that it renewed at so I'll live. The comments here will be a quicker check next year. Thanks!
Thanks for the knowledge..I'll update after I make my attempt.

Ugh. I have an "important tax return document" coming from Chase today in informed delivery. I didn't do any Chase bank bonuses last year. Let's see what they did to me this year 😔

Knew I shouldn't have fallen for the $5 paperless statement credit again... :laughing:
UGH I have two coming from Chase today! I already got my bank bonus tax form, why two more?! Did Chase differentiate between biz and personal referrals last year with different tax statements?

ETA maybe informed delivery is just drunk and showing the same envelope twice? The first image is all wonky and turned. Fingers crossed!

UGH I have two coming from Chase today! I already got my bank bonus tax form, why two more?! Did Chase differentiate between biz and personal referrals last year with different tax statements?

ETA maybe informed delivery is just drunk and showing the same envelope twice? The first image is all wonky and turned. Fingers crossed!
Do you secretly have a player 2 you never told us about????? 🤣

Got one coming too, but its too cold and slick to want to go get it. I'll find out tomorrow. HAHA.

I thought/hoped my informed delivery message yesterday was drunk. Nope, I really did get two from Wells Fargo and six (!) from Chase. Haven't opened them yet. P2 and I both did business and personal bank bonuses, which accounts for four of the Chase documents, I assume. I guess the other two are from referrals.

My irritation was short-lived, because my new AmEx BBP was also in the mailbox :)

I LOVE IT!!! 😍

I usually save and attach the .gifs instead of copy and paste
Booooo it’s gotta be a gif. We gotta learn you DIS + gifs girl!!!

So I tried this: Searching the gif I wanted on the internet, right clicking on it, choosing "save as" and then finding a place on my computer to save it....

And then when I "attach files" I get a message like "this isn't the expected file type" or something.

Technical help from the experts?

Saks 5th Ave is 12% cash back on Top Cash Back today. Good time to use your Plat Saks credits! Also, there's additional $3 TCB for a $10+ purchase this weekend, make sure to activate that before shopping.
I’ve never used TCB - does a gift card purchase usually track? Would save me a trip into Saks and having the snooty clerks look disgusted that I’m only buying a $50 gift card :).

I’ve never used TCB - does a gift card purchase usually track? Would save me a trip into Saks and having the snooty clerks look disgusted that I’m only buying a $50 gift card :).
lol I've only used TCB + Saks on actual purchases so I can't answer this one from personal experience. But I did a quick reddit search, and comments are that 1) the T&C exclude gift cards, and 2) online gift card purchases are sold through Cashstar so it wouldn't show up as a Saks purchase anyway.*

*ETA: clarification, I think the egift cards are through Cashstar, but the physical gc that get mailed may code as Saks...but there's also a $150 min purchase on those.

Hopefully someone here can provide a personal DP!

I noticed Amex's older (and much more functional) version of Statements & Activity now says it'll be retired on May 1. Previously, Amex said it would retire the old version on February 1. I can still access the old version from some of my cards and stay in that view when I click to my other cards that have been transitioned to the new version.

Thank goodness. The new format is awful, IMO. Still clinging to the old version I will be.

Random question. Can I buy a bunch of DVC gold AP vouchers and just hold on to them? Do they show the (arbitrary) 2030 expiration date in MDE? Then when we activate we'd only need to show ID/blue card at member services? Prices only go up and I feel like if I can get some good DGC deals that may be the way to go. If prices continue on the same path it's better than a stock market return 😂

I can’t speak for the DVC vouchers, but I do this with normal AP vouchers. I have two sets at the moment I purchased two years ago; a nice return already :). They sit on my primary profiles until I have a trip. No issues stacking tickets and AP vouchers.

So I tried this: Searching the gif I wanted on the internet, right clicking on it, choosing "save as" and then finding a place on my computer to save it....

And then when I "attach files" I get a message like "this isn't the expected file type" or something.

Technical help from the experts?

It's easier to right click and copy the address unless the site you are on gives you one to copy. Then click on the chain link two over from the smiley and paste your link. Can always preview post if it doesn't show it to you. This is how I did mine earlier this week.

Got one coming too, but its too cold and slick to want to go get it. I'll find out tomorrow. HAHA.

I thought/hoped my informed delivery message yesterday was drunk. Nope, I really did get two from Wells Fargo and six (!) from Chase. Haven't opened them yet. P2 and I both did business and personal bank bonuses, which accounts for four of the Chase documents, I assume. I guess the other two are from referrals.

My irritation was short-lived, because my new AmEx BBP was also in the mailbox :)

My mail hasn't come yet, but I will tear it open and share what I get! Whatever it is, I just hope it is calculated properly!

Had what seemed like a strange DP for me. I don't track it too closely, but it seems like with Chase I usually have at least 4 weeks or even longer after approval date to first statement close. DH was approved for CIP on 1/9 and his first statement closed on 1/21. I don't think I've ever seen one close that fast. All I kept thinking is thank goodness it wasn't my SW card that I was approved for the first week of Dec and started spending on to get the CP for 2020. Otherwise that would have been a total CP fail!
Us too! DH was approved 1/8, statement closed 1/19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter