I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was poking around the Hilton site today and noticed something strange... there is no standard room award availability for the Hilton Bonnet Creek for the entire year. There's only premium room rewards, but they are 57k or 60k a night, like I would expect the standard room awards to be. The Waldorf Bonnet Creek has plenty of standard room award availability. Is this a glitch or has this been the case for a while? If they're all premium room awards, then there isn't a way to get the 5th night free on points.

Also, I got my Southwest CP today!! My statement closed 1/22, and the points and the CP were in my account this morning. I have already added DD6 as my companion to 8 flights. :) Thanks everyone!!

My mail hasn't come yet, but I will tear it open and share what I get! Whatever it is, I just hope it is calculated properly!
Got my mail! It is only one Chase statement so bad on USPS. LOL

It lists all of my biz referrals and CSP referrals. The math seems to make sense with what I was expecting. Now I am just waiting on some bank bonus statements!

I have decided to go for a new AmEx card. I can meet the spend on either the personal or biz platinum and I'm okay with the steep AFs.

With the personal platinum I can still only pull up 60K MRs (I try incognito), but I could probably get 100k MRs for the biz.

I would use the Saks and some of the Uber monthly credits and possibly the FHR benefits on the personal card.

On the biz card I could possibly, maybe, just maybe, use the Dell credit if I tried hard enough (but would be OOP cash since the things I like are well over $100.00).

So the major difference is in the MRs. Which card should I apply for?

I should also mention that the number of times I will be able to spend $10K for the MSR are very, very limited. But the Saks credit is tempting me (super easy for me to use). I know there are experts that can look at these things more critically than I can, so WWYD?

We finally booked another trip last night. We are going to go to Florida to see some spring training baseball! We've never been, but have always wanted to go. DS usually is in a spring sport, but is not doing one this year so our schedule is more flexible. It's his senior year, so I was kind of sad he wasn't interested in doing it his last year, but this makes up for it! Our school district is off on Monday, March 2nd, so he is going to take off the Friday before to give us an extra day.

Anyway, we are flying SW down on Thursday night and returning Monday night. DH and I will have to take 2 days off of work, but that's not a problem this time of year. Our flights cost us 94,762 points :scared:, but I"m hoping to get 33,087 back if my CP goes through in time. Cash price for those would have been $1,453.00. I also booked the West Palm Beach Hyatt for 12,000 points a night for a total of 48,000 points. Cash price would have been $1,670.82. Everything down there was so high. We got tickets to 3 games in different stadiums while we're there - one in Jupiter, one in West Palm Beach and one in Port St Lucie.

Without points, we would have never done this for a long weekend trip, but I'm so excited that we get to!

I have decided to go for a new AmEx card. I can meet the spend on either the personal or biz platinum and I'm okay with the steep AFs.

With the personal platinum I can still only pull up 60K MRs (I try incognito), but I could probably get 100k MRs for the biz.

I would use the Saks and some of the Uber monthly credits and possibly the FHR benefits on the personal card.

On the biz card I could possibly, maybe, just maybe, use the Dell credit if I tried hard enough (but would be OOP cash since the things I like are well over $100.00).

I should also mention that the number of times I will be able to spend $10K for the MSR are very, very limited. But the Saks credit is tempting me (super easy for me to use). I know there are experts that can look at these things more critically than I can, so WWYD?
I don’t recall who posted but someone said that if you use the referral link from a card that offers lower referral points you get a higher offer. I can easily pull the personal 75k MR $5k MSR from my DH’s green card referral. In incognito

Maybe give that trick a try. Create a referral from a card that only gets 5k referral bonus.

Do you have a P2 that can support you for the personal plat? That might figure into the calculations too. Though personally, I wouldn't take the 60k offer. In additional to incognito, you can try different browers, different computers, with VPN, with VPN while logged into a remote computer (that was the one that worked for me).

Is there anything on Microsoft you might want? You can use the Dell credit to buy Microsoft GC and bank the credits that way.

The personal plat will take up a 5/24 slot, is that a concern?

The biz plat has 1.5 MRs for purchases over $5000. So if the spend you have in mind is over that, would make a small difference too.

Someone was posting a CBS all access code a few weeks ago? Anyone have that? DH wants Piccard.

I was poking around the Hilton site today and noticed something strange... there is no standard room award availability for the Hilton Bonnet Creek for the entire year. There's only premium room rewards, but they are 57k or 60k a night, like I would expect the standard room awards to be. The Waldorf Bonnet Creek has plenty of standard room award availability. Is this a glitch or has this been the case for a while? If they're all premium room awards, then there isn't a way to get the 5th night free on points.

I just took a look and it seems shady to me. Hope they aren't taking a play from Marriott's playbook on this. What I noticed is every room available is not a standard room...they are like "disney view" or "high floor" or "wellness room" etc. I'm not sure if it is an oversight b/c they are in the process of recategorizing or if it is sketchy. I will keep an eye on it for a few days and then contact the diamond desk to inquire.

Dropping off packages at post office, I noticed that they have a nice selection of gift cards. Does anyone know if they code as shipping on the CIP? I didn’t have my card or I would have bought an Amazon one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!