I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my first statement just closed on DH's Amex Gold. Do I not receive any MRs until payment is complete? I didn't know if something was different with charge cards. It shows I earned no MRs on my first statement. Payment is scheduled for next Friday.

Do you have a P2 that can support you for the personal plat? That might figure into the calculations too. Though personally, I wouldn't take the 60k offer. In additional to incognito, you can try different browers, different computers, with VPN, with VPN while logged into a remote computer (that was the one that worked for me).

Is there anything on Microsoft you might want? You can use the Dell credit to buy Microsoft GC and bank the credits that way.

The personal plat will take up a 5/24 slot, is that a concern?

The biz plat has 1.5 MRs for purchases over $5000. So if the spend you have in mind is over that, would make a small difference too.
I will try to pull up a higher offer from my iPad -- that's a good idea. I don't have a VPN. Microsoft GCs are a good use for sure. I'm at 3/24 with the Hyatt card falling off in July, so I'm not overly concerned about taking up a spot.

The purchase I need to make is by Feb. 7th for the PIF for our Arctic cruise. So it would qualify for the 1.5 MRs.

Currently I only have 35,000 MRs in Canada but I am able to combine them (with the difference in dollar value taken into account).

I think I'm leaning towards the biz plat at this point.

EDITED TO ADD: using my iPad I still get 60K MR for the personal platinum. However I clicked on the green card and got 45K MRs. Says if I close the link the offer might not be available again. Tried from my laptop and got 30K MRs. I'm still leaning towards the biz plat at this point for the 100K MRs, since I can make the spend and will get 1.5 x MRs on the first purchase.

Last edited:

UGH I have two coming from Chase today! I already got my bank bonus tax form, why two more?! Did Chase differentiate between biz and personal referrals last year with different tax statements?

ETA maybe informed delivery is just drunk and showing the same envelope twice? The first image is all wonky and turned. Fingers crossed!

Went out and shoveled the driveway and ended up getting the mail since its been awhile... Turned out to be a bank bonus, forgot about that, didn't think I had any referrals.

I don't want to quote the poster directly in case they wouldn't appreciate my pasting their quote on a different thread, but I saw this today for @SouthFayetteFan on the DL boarding group thread:

"No amount of love for Excel is unhealthy 😉"
@SouthFayetteFan how would you feel if I told you I had a coworker who HATED Excel?! He will do any/everything possible in Tableau.

Went out and shoveled the driveway and ended up getting the mail since its been awhile... Turned out to be a bank bonus, forgot about that, didn't think I had any referrals.
Surprise! At least its accurate LOL

Odd MS moment. Just loaded $1300 on my serve cards at Walmart. Last one, the cashier took my serve card and swiped herself. I’ve never had that happen at Walmart. I didn’t try to load DH card since I wasn’t sure if she was looking at the name. I’ve really got to get brave enough to do multiple swipes. I just do two serve cards at a register but one swipe each.

Random question. Can I buy a bunch of DVC gold AP vouchers and just hold on to them? Do they show the (arbitrary) 2030 expiration date in MDE? Then when we activate we'd only need to show ID/blue card at member services? Prices only go up and I feel like if I can get some good DGC deals that may be the way to go. If prices continue on the same path it's better than a stock market return 😂

Yes. You can buy the vouchers. To activate though you need to do it in person so they can make sure you are a direct (or grandfathered in) member. I don't have any Gold AP's in holding but I have 5 Platinum AP vouchers and 5 no expiration date 7 day PH's. So basically my investment in our future is with Disney AP's...

So my first statement just closed on DH's Amex Gold. Do I not receive any MRs until payment is complete? I didn't know if something was different with charge cards. It shows I earned no MRs on my first statement. Payment is scheduled for next Friday.

It is a little odd but yes the points do not post until payment is made. If you go into the MR section of the Amex site you can see the number under pending MR's. They are pending until you make the payment. If it is the first MR earning card there is an extra time lag before points post at all. So it might be a while sadly before you get the satisfaction of points.

Odd MS moment. Just loaded $1300 on my serve cards at Walmart. Last one, the cashier took my serve card and swiped herself. I’ve never had that happen at Walmart. I didn’t try to load DH card since I wasn’t sure if she was looking at the name. I’ve really got to get brave enough to do multiple swipes. I just do two serve cards at a register but one swipe each.

I've had one do that before. Totally caught me off guard lol.

It is a little odd but yes the points do not post until payment is made. If you go into the MR section of the Amex site you can see the number under pending MR's. They are pending until you make the payment. If it is the first MR earning card there is an extra time lag before points post at all. So it might be a while sadly before you get the satisfaction of points.

Thanks! Didn't know that, good to know before I panic lol!

I just took a look and it seems shady to me. Hope they aren't taking a play from Marriott's playbook on this. What I noticed is every room available is not a standard room...they are like "disney view" or "high floor" or "wellness room" etc. I'm not sure if it is an oversight b/c they are in the process of recategorizing or if it is sketchy. I will keep an eye on it for a few days and then contact the diamond desk to inquire.
Thanks! I also thought it was weird because it was the same number of points the standard room rewards used to be. Please report back if you call- I'm only a lowly gold so I doubt they will listen to me. I'll also keep an eye on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter