I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyatt IMO is the best no bs redemptions. they also give the most for loyalty. TPG also puts it at the highest value I tend to agree I'm waiting for a 60k sign-up bonus for this because, to be frank, I'm upset about Marriot in lifetime platinum and I feel no value in my stay anymore (was a die-hard SPG fanboy like Disney to some degree). I am going to shift to Hyatt but the free certificate for whatever reason with Marriot/Bonvoy CC is keeping me there.

Hyatt is getting ready to change up. I am/was an SPG member and I also like the free nights. But, I liked my SPG amex when it didn't even have a free night, so I have to say I have a lot of mixed feelings with Marriott, but can still see value in their program.

I've been a Hyatt rewards member for maybe 15 years but didn't have the card until just a few years back. As they increase their presence in smaller cities, I am finding them more useful. I just found one I will use in a couple of weeks, but even though it's only 5K and is a newish property, I'll probably pay cash to earn more points for my sought after redemptions. The price point is only around $120 so in my ball park for a night on the road. That said, I could stay for free at a few Marriotts in the area for minimal points...I'll have to look at this one again before I use real money.

@Alexle2007 I logged in to Pottery Barn Kids and it says I have no order history. I know I went through the Chase portal to buy it so I wonder if I accidentally didn't sign in to my account and did a guest checkout. I have no order number or anything since it was so long ago so I doubt they'll let me replace the bag.

@Alexle2007 I logged in to Pottery Barn Kids and it says I have no order history. I know I went through the Chase portal to buy it so I wonder if I accidentally didn't sign in to my account and did a guest checkout. I have no order number or anything since it was so long ago so I doubt they'll let me replace the bag.

What about your email confirmations that you ordered the bag? I don't delete these emails and then can search them when needed. I only delete spam and junk, not anything financial.

Excited to see where the new thread takes us in 2020!

My goals for the year:
  • More focused spending on the cards we currently hold (when not working on a MSR).
  • Develop better system for tracking points and rewards accounts so I can clearly see what I have each month.
  • Complete the SW CP - I have the first Biz card and need to apply for the second very shortly.
  • Probably work on some bank bonuses. I did one in 2019 and earned $400 from Wells Fargo with little effort. That being said, I haven't closed the account yet, so hopefully that isn't too terrible.
  • Possibly try to figure out the OM/OD and serve deal to take advantage for some of their sales.
  • Step back and work on a plan for what cards we need to consider for this year. Probably should have already done this, by December is by far my busiest month at work along with it being extra busy personally as well. So, not that I have a little breathing room, I'll try to get a better plan.
I'm glad someone posted about goals, because it's good to think about them a bit!

What about your email confirmations that you ordered the bag? I don't delete these emails and then can search them when needed. I only delete spam and junk, not anything financial.
I delete all of those emails. I'm kind of OCD about my emails. I don't like keeping a bunch of stuff in my trash. I might need to start doing that, though, because things like this have happened more than once. I just felt like I'd had the bag for so long so I felt no reason to keep the email. They did email me back already asking for some info so they might be able to find it

i found mine in my email by searching Pottery Barn Kids. It looks like it was purchased on 3/24/19. Yours was probably a couple of days before.

I sort of want to payoff all of my credit cards in full so I can refresh mint and have it say $0 debt. I want to OWE NOTHING!!!

I also realize that draining all of my cash to payoff my CCs early seems like a bad decision...so I will attempt to resist!

I sort of want to payoff all of my credit cards in full so I can refresh mint and have it say $0 debt. I want to OWE NOTHING!!!

I also realize that draining all of my cash to payoff my CCs early seems like a bad decision...so I will attempt to resist!

:confused:

i found mine in my email by searching Pottery Barn Kids. It looks like it was purchased on 3/24/19. Yours was probably a couple of days before.
I'm bad about keeping emails. They responded already with 6 questions to answer about the backpack. They said normally they only give 30 days for returns or replacements, but want me to answer these questions to see if they can help. I guess we'll see what happens

I delete all of those emails. I'm kind of OCD about my emails. I don't like keeping a bunch of stuff in my trash. I might need to start doing that, though, because things like this have happened more than once. I just felt like I'd had the bag for so long so I felt no reason to keep the email. They did email me back already asking for some info so they might be able to find it
Hope they can help!

Yay new thread!

@Haley R I must have missed it in the old one that you are having a boy! Congratulations!!

2020 Goals:
-CP for both DH and I
- Maximize my spend on current cards (I'm really awful at this)
- Remember to check offers BEFORE I spend
- Plan, book, save and earn points for 2021 Italy
- SPEND LESS! This is actually my number one goal. 2019 was a very high spending year. We bought our house, bought DVC, out of pocket pregnancy (no insurance), and ending with us searching for a new vehicle. I'd like to save instead of spend in 2020!

Just a reminder to check all flights on all airlines for upcoming flights. Especially if you book far out. Just saw that Alaska changed two flights by two hours (still works for us) and on one of the flights we were upgraded to premium seats for free. If the airline changes your flight time and it no longer works for you, you may be able to change your flight for free. Different airlines have different rules.

I just did this, but I only owed about $4000 this month which is small for a Xmas month. But - it does feel good to look at my balance and to look at incoming $ and know you can spend spend spend if you wish.

That said, my birthday rewards are all coming into my accounts and this is one of the reasons I like to go to Disney in January! There's something about free food at or near Disney, lol!

I've got my Landry's $25, Levy's $25 (Terralina), Shula's entrée, Starbuck's treat, and a few others which I probably won't use.

Hyatt is getting ready to change up. I am/was an SPG member and I also like the free nights. But, I liked my SPG amex when it didn't even have a free night, so I have to say I have a lot of mixed feelings with Marriott, but can still see value in their program.

I've been a Hyatt rewards member for maybe 15 years but didn't have the card until just a few years back. As they increase their presence in smaller cities, I am finding them more useful. I just found one I will use in a couple of weeks, but even though it's only 5K and is a newish property, I'll probably pay cash to earn more points for my sought after redemptions. The price point is only around $120 so in my ball park for a night on the road. That said, I could stay for free at a few Marriotts in the area for minimal points...I'll have to look at this one again before I use real money.
not saying no value in their program I wouldn't go that far I mean when I have gone for 4 stays I didn't feel valued as a customer back from my road warrior days I felt like they actually did more things for me. (SPG). Yeah well, see how the Hyatt change up affects things as far as points. I too am a fan of park Hyatt for free :) I've heard that I need to go to Asia to get real value with Marriot maybe that should be one of my goals for 2021.

Last sunrise of the decade.

msqBT20.jpg

Hauʻoli makahiki hou!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter