I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Plus if I paid every time a charge hit it would a ridiculous number of payments every month. It's hard enough just managing so many cards at this point. I don't look at it as debt since we never don't pay it. I just think of it as another bill.
Yeah - I'm just being silly at this point, wanting my Mint.com account to say I owe no money to anyone! Someday when my CC balances are real low I'll do it and it'll make me happy!

EDIT: ooooh and look at that, I've now made ALL 6 PAGES with at least 1 comment :D :D :D

Yep. Plus if I paid every time a charge hit it would a ridiculous number of payments every month. It's hard enough just managing so many cards at this point. I don't look at it as debt since we never don't pay it. I just think of it as another bill.
I used to pay my cards every day. Now I do check them everyday, but pay them off 2-3 times a week. But I am only managing 5 cards and most transactions go onto just two of them.

So many Amex offers expiring today and tomorrow. Hoping for new offers coming that can help me with my Disney gift card needs over the next couple weeks! :wizard:popcorn:: Also hoping I think things through correctly and add those offers to the correct cards! Could have used the recent Lowes offer for this but I put it on P2’s current MSR card.

I don’t want to be a downer, but Amex Offers historically dry up right after the holidays. It’ll pick up again though! Looking forward to all the Staples, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Sam’s Club, Best Buy, AT&T and Verizon, eBags, Hilton, and Marriott, et al. Offers next year!

Different strokes for different folks.....the account I pay my daily bills from never has enough money in it to earn any realistic interest. I move money out of it into my savings vehicles just as quickly as it gets deposited in.
If I had that much money sitting in my checking account today I might have actually done it - again just to be silly. But I'm not gonna move money from our Discover MMs to our PNC checking to do it, lol. I keep a fairly small balance in my actual checking account. Future paychecks will clear before those CCs come due and then I'll pay them off, haha!

If I had that much money sitting in my checking account today I might have actually done it - again just to be silly. But I'm not gonna move money from our Discover MMs to our PNC checking to do it, lol. I keep a fairly small balance in my actual checking account. Future paychecks will clear before those CCs come due and then I'll pay them off, haha!
I guess that is why I pay as I go. For me it keeps my budget realistic month-to-month. I don't need to transfer out of our savings this way and just build that up as I go too.

nice, I'm not getting anywhere near that with checking I'm getting 1.82 with wealthfront. I just leave money in checking to pay my bills and move it the day I get paid. Spreadsheets ftw.
That isn't my checking account - that might be where my Discover MM is at but I honestly don't pay attention. There wasn't enough in there for me to worry about it. I have tried to keep most of my liquid funds in the MM on a day to day basis though.

I've actually liquidated the vast majority of my emergency fund in this mortgage payoff move so my interest endeavors will go way down this year until I build things back up a bit. But I have a large HELOC at my disposal and I just wanted to get rid of this mortgage payment. So I pulled the trigger on it - I don't see any scenario where I'll regret it.

Ok @reliev - you made me curious so I signed on to my Discover account... I'm at 1.7% 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

How's that for dumb luck! Of course I cheated and used $5k vs. $4k in my quick math because it was easier to work with 5's in my head LOL!
it's funny how I discovered wealth front kept moving money around for .1% at a time after 4 accounts they seem to have the best rate :)

Goals for 2020...

- Cash out a crap-ton of URs to continue on my FIRE journey
- Enjoy all the trips I have planned (WDW, Myrtle, Captiva, plus a few bonuses)
- Continue to support this thread and DISchurners and make it a welcoming place for new folks to realize their wildest travel goals!!

Now that we have a good handle on what to keep here and what to put on DISchurners I really think our goal should be to welcome more folks to our thread! I would love to see us gain dozens of new contributors this year!!

That isn't my checking account - that might be where my Discover MM is at but I honestly don't pay attention. There wasn't enough in there for me to worry about it. I have tried to keep most of my liquid funds in the MM on a day to day basis though.

I've actually liquidated the vast majority of my emergency fund in this mortgage payoff move so my interest endeavors will go way down this year until I build things back up a bit. But I have a large HELOC at my disposal and I just wanted to get rid of this mortgage payment. So I pulled the trigger on it - I don't see any scenario where I'll regret it.

I cannot WAIT until we own our home free and clear. But it's gonna be awhile. Probably 10 more years or so. That would make us right at 15 years for a 30 year term. Not too heinous, especially considering the mortgage balance.

I know the payoff vs. invest debate is very touchy in the FIRE communuty but I don't care. I don't want to owe anyone, anything. You have ultimate freedom.

I don’t want to be a downer, but Amex Offers historically dry up right after the holidays. It’ll pick up again though! Looking forward to all the Staples, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Sam’s Club, Best Buy, AT&T and Verizon, eBags, Hilton, and Marriott, et al. Offers next year!

Yeah, there have been plenty of times I’ve had no helpful offers, but I’d sure love to find just one something good!

Here on the new thread! Happy New Year! We are currently using our 7 night certificate in Tampa. Having a great time just walking around various parts of the city. We have been to Dunedin (highly recommend), Tarpon Springs (glad we did it, but wouldn't go there again), Ybor City (eh, reminded me of Bourbon Street but with no one around but lots of chickens, maybe because we were there early on a Monday), Tampa Riverwalk (nice area to walk). Today we are going to St. Pete, tomorrow Busch Gardens and Friday driving up to Crystal River to hopefully swim with the Manatees. Our hotel, I don't really recommend. I think @Judique and @amalone1013 have both mentioned it as a possibility. It is The Current on Tampa Bay and it is fairly new, I think opened in September. The only reason I picked it is because it said it slept 5 and had a sofa. I was worried because I saw ZERO pictures of the queen rooms, only the King rooms. The King room pic showed a settee, I wouldn't call it a sofa, but I thought better than nothing. Well turns out nothing is what you get in the queen room! There is a chair but no sofa. It has not been fun, but we are making it work with a lot of complaints. They only have valet parking, and there is no reason for it. There is parking under the hotel and an attached garage. Not really sure why they insist on valet. And the hot water sucks. The hotel is not within walking distance of anything.

Goals for 2020 - More URs! Don't have anything specific, I guess more business cards. I need to actually plan my trips out so I know what I need.

I went to Crystal River to swim with the Manatees last week! It was awesome and I highly recommend it!

Best pic below....(why are they always sideways)

Attachments

• A962ECDF-7006-45B2-A3F3-1E6018632B04.jpeg
    A962ECDF-7006-45B2-A3F3-1E6018632B04.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter