I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You reminded me to update on my United saga...

I got a personal phone call from United corporate in response to my DoT complaint/s yesterday saying they understood the "schedule change" didn't meet my needs (they cancelled my non-stop and put me on a one-stop) but they could see everything had been refunded before they received my DoT complaint and there had been no fees and hopefully this matter was now closed. My miles were still not in my account. I responded with screenshots of my account. The next email was from member services explaining my ticket number X had been refunded on my original booking date and to call Member Services if I needed anything else. (Love how every email they dismiss you at the end.) I had to explain ticket X was the first booking which I charged taxes to the wrong cc and immediately cancelled and that the ticket in dispute was ticket Y and I still don't have my miles back. They responded the miles were being returned to my account and I should see them in the next few days. I checked and FINALLY they were there. All this correspondence was yesterday so once you can get to the right person, you might have a shot.

Things to note:
-if they've violated DoT regulations and won't fix it, file your DoT complaint right away
-save the email with the eticket number upon booking, you may need that number! (Same goes for AA, I could only find that eticket number in the email and I needed it for a refund after I got shutdown)
-if you've filed a DoT complaint and you get a call out of Chicago and you want to to talk to UA answer it. You cannot call them back. But, I did receive an email about 5-10mins later and corresponded that way. (I think email was quicker because I screenshot my issue instead of banging my head against the wall with the person on the phone insisting something was that wasn't.)
-they did not admit to cancelling my flight. They specifically said "schedule change" even though it was followed up by saying from a non-stop to one-stop (the flight numbers were not the same as what I booked fwiw)

ETA: at the end of the day, I still don't know if it was an accidental glitch I wasn't refunded or if they would have refunded me upon payment of $125 after the cancellation as the original customer service team insisted. I'm just glad I got my miles back.
Thank you so much for posting this. I'm playing chicken with United right now on my mid-April flight. I'm figuring they will cancel it last minute. If they try to reroute me or insist on a voucher, I'm planning to file a DOT complaint so thanks for following up on your experience. It sounds as if it definitely gets their attention. I'll be avoiding United in the future so don't want to have a voucher for a year before being refunded.

Super sad news for DD20 who was looking forward to her last term at university in Northern England was told that the final term is cancelled and graduation (or congregation as they call it) is cancelled/maybe postponed. It's surprising that they pulled the plug this early as graduation wasn't until July 2nd! All classes will be held online. Good thing for her she's pretty much done--just has to turn in a couple essays and her dissertation. It pays to be prepared. The bummer part of that was that she was planning to enjoy (aka party) her last term with her friends. I feel badly for her that she wasn't able to say a proper goodbye to all her friends and professors.

We have a trip planned for graduation at the end of June that I'm holding on to for now. We have to get out there at some point to pack up her room (she was in an off campus apartment that goes through July 9) so I"m hoping we'll be able to still go in the graduation time frame and make a mini-vacation out of it. Hope springs eternal :)

In good news, it looks like both DS23 and DD20 will get checks since they've been filing their own taxes for a couple years due to investment income.

I haven't been able to work at home--can't focus--so I'm checking off things on my list, including 9 photo books of trips that I"m behind on. It's been really fun to relive these trips while i'm locked inside. Day 16 for us of shelter in place :(

:offtopic:

Anyone have a favorite chicken soup recipe? Maybe something that I can use some frozen corn in too? Trying to use up some things I have in the freezer that have been there forever. I'll eat just about anything as long as it's not too spicy!

I now have $512 in Southwest travel funds from catching all the different price drops. Three of these flights were originally booked using the loophole. Didn’t think I would beat those prices, but here we are. It’s a weird feeling knowing you have such a great price for flights you may not actually be able to take.

Anyone have a favorite chicken soup recipe? Maybe something that I can use some frozen corn in too? Trying to use up some things I have in the freezer that have been there forever. I'll eat just about anything as long as it's not too spicy!
Put chicken in pot. Cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Skim the scum. reduce heat. Add onion, carrots, celery (if you want and have, add bay leaf, parsnip). simmer on very low heat for 2 hours. The soup should "tremble" not boil. salt to taste. That's it. Anything else you want to add (cut up chicken, vegetables, noodles, rice, whatever) are nice, but not necessary.

Something strange is up at my house. DD is voluntarily cleaning her room and washing her sheets. I'm scared.
Yes! Same with my kids. They have now been out of school for 3 weeks, as this all started during their spring break, and have essentially been “quarantined” the entire time. My kids are actively seeking out new chores. They are also more willing to play games, do puzzles, go for walks. I’m not mad 😂 Today they are excited for pulling weeds and dusting their rooms. 🤣 (excited might be a stretch)
I now have $512 in Southwest travel funds from catching all the different price drops. Three of these flights were originally booked using the loophole. Didn’t think I would beat those prices, but here we are. It’s a weird feeling knowing you have such a great price for flights you may not actually be able to take.
Same situation here exactly.

The recipe makes 3 lbs of dough. I freeze immediately after making it, in 1 lb balls. I throw it right in the freezer. If you look later, it will have puffed up in the freezer since it will rise a bit before freezing. I usually let it thaw in the fridge (take it out in am or night before) but have thawed on the counter as well.

Whole wheat pizza crust

2 cups 120 degree water
2 1/2 tablespoons instant yeast
2 cups whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur White whole wheat)
3 1/4 cups AP flour (plus more for kneading)
3/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons salt

Combine whole wheat flour, AP flour, salt and yeast in mixer bowl. Mix until evenly blended. Add water and olive oil, and mix until dough forms. (I use my KitchenAid mixer, start it on 1 with the paddle and pour in oil and water simultaneously until clumping together).
Kneading by hand, dust counter with flour. Turn dough out and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes, adding extra flour if very sticky. Dough should be smooth but slightly tacky.
If kneading with mixer, I change to dough hook and let it knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth. Add more flour if very sticky, otherwise just let it knead.
At this point, you can freeze it, or let it rise 15-30 minutes. TBH, sometimes I just take it straight from the bowl to a sheet pan. It will be easier to roll if you let it rest/rise at least 5-10 minutes but sometimes I just roll it out and go.
I have, over the years, increased the whole wheat flour to about 50% (2 1/2 cups of whole wheat and 2 3/4 AP flours, extra AP flour when kneading)
Thanks!

I stayed at the Fairfield 2 years ago for a cheer competition. One side of the hotel has a trailer park on the other side of the street. Kind of a seedy area. Our room faced the front and the road was very loud even in April. I thought it was way overpriced but her cheer gym added the competition too late to stay at the Hilton where we usually stay and with cheer rates not much more. The hotel itself was pretty new and clean at that time. My daughter and I were supposed to be at a cheer competition in Ocean City this weekend but obviously it’s cancelled. 😢

Wow, I've seen it driving by but didn't notice the trailer park. In 2018, when I had some intention to try to get Platinum status it was on my radar to go and stay a few nights in December when the rate was $58. Never made it. I did stay at the Residence Inn last year and the area was a bit nicer but you again had the road running along the side, but no rooms on that side, just the corridor. I have Aloft booked for my son and he loved it last year.

The Courtyard is a decent property. It's not $450 plus tax fancy to me even in summer, but my intention is points only then. Now I won't give them 70k points but I would have given them a 50K certificate. It's a clean and updated room with a good location and on the Boardwalk. I also like the restaurant, The Captain's Table - food is good, not fancy and price is pretty reasonable. I have other spots I like to eat such as Shark on the Harbor, but location is always convenient.

I have to change my southwest flights, since my April WDW trip is definitely not happening.
I booked early bird check in for all 5 of us and have a companion pass,. I have to call to change these flights and still keep early bird check in on the companion pass, right? No way to do it online?
Dreading having to call...

For anyone who may not have received or hasn't read the newest DVC email, the same policy that applied to my points last week is in place for the next 30 days - they will cancel weekly, will return points without placing in holding status and will return points to the use year they came from. Banking and borrowing rules remain the same.

They are also evaluating the banking and expiration policy and the use of certain points affected by the closures.

I'm lurking over at the DVC boards, with an occasional lapse of common sense where I post something.

Something strange is up at my house. DD is voluntarily cleaning her room and washing her sheets. I'm scared.

Same here. DS actually cleaned out all of his drawers and closet the other day. After he folder his freshly washed laundry, he told me he wanted to purge before he put everything away. I've been telling him to do that for at least a year! Finally done!

The odd thing at our house is that DH and I are still working, while DS and DD1 are here by themselves all day.

DH may start working at home though. We both work at an agricultural services company which is considered an essential business. DH just got his once every 6 weeks infusion for IBD and they told him that it is an immunocompromised condition. They basically said they thought he should be 100% staying at home. He's 55, so not at the completely critical age, but not really a spring chicken either lol! I don't know what to tell him to do. He has a lot of employees under him that have no possibility of working at home. Probably about 75% of his job can be done from home, but it will put somewhat of a burden on others if he works from home 100% of the time. I know his health is the prime concern though, so just not sure what he should do.

We live in a smallish community and there are no cases in the tricounty area that our company serves, but we are only about an hour away from St Louis which has a growing number of cases. I know it's only a matter of time until it hits our community as well.

I'm lurking over at the DVC boards, with an occasional lapse of common sense where I post something.

Same. I said I wasn’t going to post anymore, but people keep quoting me and throwing nonsense at me. My argumentative side likes to have the last word, but I think I have gotten my point across and have truly thrown in the towel. Of course, I could pick the towel back up the next time someone quotes me.

I have to change my southwest flights, since my April WDW trip is definitely not happening.
I booked early bird check in for all 5 of us and have a companion pass,. I have to call to change these flights and still keep early bird check in on the companion pass, right? No way to do it online?
Dreading having to call...
Yes, unfortunately with the CP and EBCI purchased you will have to call SW

Last edited:
Amazon update. Wednesday I used the amex offer (yay for finally having mrs!) To order dog food, an easy read escape book from one of my series and a hair brush. Thr brush shipped from someone else so said I'd like the other two on saturday. I get that things are slower so was fine with not having friday. That night I realized I would be out of allergy meds in a couple weeks so figured I'd order now to account for any delay. Took the digital credit for slow and it said 31st to 2nd. Salad spinner still sitting at april 21.

Thursday I get notification that the book, allergy meds and salad spinner have all shipped and will be here sunday. Ok great 2 early but I wanted to read sat but whatever.

Yesterday I get notification the dog food shipped but it's still set for sat. Then a few hours later it's out for delivery and comes. Ok so if you had that where's the othet stuff. Look at my orders and the other shipment had been at the facility on my city since 930am. So now I'm confused why they couldn't have just brought it all since that was before I got the delivery notification.

Today I look to see what's going on and it got transferred to the post office who did deliver it today which is weird since we normally dont get larger packages like this from them.

Moral of the story, amazon is on crack and I think a lot of it depends on if they have drivers come in which is why I got the dog food early. I also think for stuff that may get delayed if you order wirh it or like I did later, stuff that comes from the warehouse it's at you'll get it sooner. I get what's going on won't happen forever but had it been stuff I truly needed it could have been a problem. So the other moral, order before you need it and know they are on crack 😂

Side note almost all of the 2lbs of pb m&ms I got last friday are gone. But I ran 4 miles this morning! Still feel bad as I keep eating them though. Normally not an emotional or bored eater but my issue with them does correlate back to when everything was starting to get bad here and travel bans were starting. We all gotta have something to help us through I guess.

The recipe makes 3 lbs of dough. I freeze immediately after making it, in 1 lb balls. I throw it right in the freezer. If you look later, it will have puffed up in the freezer since it will rise a bit before freezing. I usually let it thaw in the fridge (take it out in am or night before) but have thawed on the counter as well.

Whole wheat pizza crust

2 cups 120 degree water
2 1/2 tablespoons instant yeast
2 cups whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur White whole wheat)
3 1/4 cups AP flour (plus more for kneading)
3/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons salt

Combine whole wheat flour, AP flour, salt and yeast in mixer bowl. Mix until evenly blended. Add water and olive oil, and mix until dough forms. (I use my KitchenAid mixer, start it on 1 with the paddle and pour in oil and water simultaneously until clumping together).
Kneading by hand, dust counter with flour. Turn dough out and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes, adding extra flour if very sticky. Dough should be smooth but slightly tacky.
If kneading with mixer, I change to dough hook and let it knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth. Add more flour if very sticky, otherwise just let it knead.
At this point, you can freeze it, or let it rise 15-30 minutes. TBH, sometimes I just take it straight from the bowl to a sheet pan. It will be easier to roll if you let it rest/rise at least 5-10 minutes but sometimes I just roll it out and go.
I have, over the years, increased the whole wheat flour to about 50% (2 1/2 cups of whole wheat and 2 3/4 AP flours, extra AP flour when kneading)
Thank you! Unfortunately, flour was out at Aldi today for the Instacart order. Everything else was in stock - everyone is baking! As an aside, I placed the order on Wednesday night and today was the first available delivery.

I am not sure if what I make is more white chicken chili or chicken tortilla soup. I think I use a combo of both. But it has corn and black beans and cream cheese. And it’s yummy. Would love to give you a recipe but it’s different every time. Lol Look up recipes for both.

Thank you! Unfortunately, flour was out at Aldi today for the Instacart order. Everything else was in stock - everyone is baking! As an aside, I placed the order on Wednesday night and today was the first available delivery.

This was my experience with Wegmans through Instacart. Put my order in on Tuesday and they shopped it a little while ago. My shopper was amazing, chatted with me nonstop about availability and took photos of replacements, etc. I'm gonna try to adjust the tip even higher because I sincerely appreciated how she went above and beyond, all while putting herself at risk. I was really surprised by the availability though, replacements were readily available for about half my list and the other half she was able to get. I only asked refunds for 3 or 4 items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter