I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We check in May 30th. Funny because we originally checked in June 1st and I had a night at MCO Hyatt but moved our trip a few months ago by one day then just last week canceled the Hyatt room. Just rebooked the Hyatt room incase we can't checkin on the 30th. Now I am kind of worried *IF* it is open its going to be super busy with all schools out.

Sign, Didn't consider the night of the 31st. If they don't open till Jun1st we might just have to cancel. I don't want to spend two days at the airport Hyatt, and Sat is the only direct flight otherwise we'd have to spend a whole day flying.

Here is what I have been working on the last two nights. It’s a Nanoblock Himeji Castle. I had intended for us to do it as a family but it’s really a one person job. This is 20 “steps” or layers in. It’s painstaking and time consuming.
I believe there are close to 80 layers (I am afraid to look ahead too far for fear I’ll quit!)
20200328_082640860_iOS.jpg

To make a long story short, my mother, sister, and brother in law are all self quarantining for possibly being exposed to covid19. They all just found out this morning, so it’s been a crap day for me. Ughhh. My mother can’t go back to work until she proves she’s negative, so she has to see if she can get tested this upcoming week. I don’t know if she’ll be able to get tested without showing symptoms. I also hope none of my family starts exhibiting symptoms! Thankfully I wasn’t in contact with any of them since the possible exposure. It’s gonna be a long 2 weeks... :guilty:

Yep, I think everyone's garage is now so full they can't store any more :D. I was down to 2 rolls of TP and one box of KleenX, and manage to score both this morning.
Saw some dude leaving Target yesterday clutching a 4 pack of TP on the way to his car. Straight up I think if he had to chose between his car and the TP he would have been walking home...

I’ve been trying to get Lysol spray and Clorox wipes for over a week online and just can’t do it. We aren’t going into any stores until after the baby is here. It’s not worth the risk. I wish we could get those things online but I’ve been unsuccessful so far.

I’ve been trying to get Lysol spray and Clorox wipes for over a week online and just can’t do it. We aren’t going into any stores until after the baby is here. It’s not worth the risk. I wish we could get those things online but I’ve been unsuccessful so far.

Same. Can't get them online at all right now. I can't even find a slot to either pick up or get groceries delivered. That's why I just asked about Instacart. What a mess this all is, and I suspect it's going to get worse. :(

Same. Can't get them online at all right now. I can't even find a slot to either pick up or get groceries delivered. That's why I just asked about Instacart. What a mess this all is, and I suspect it's going to get worse. :(
I wanted Lysol spray and Clorox wipes for when we get groceries or packages sent to the house but I guess we’ll just have to wash our hands really well. When I say “we” I mean Dh because I’m not touching anything that comes in the house for 2 days at least

We had two reservations cancelled for March arrival that led us to be qualified for the new Disney promo. It's like free dining of old....2 day min in the hotel and 2 day tix (of any type) required. I think we may jump on it but push it as far out as we can taking college schedules into consideration.

Is there an active "What card do I get next" thread in the Reddit community? I'd like to post a query and the only thread of that kind I can find is archived and locked down. Kind of like all of us I guess.
Thanks for the heads up again - this thread has been refreshed here: What Card Next (for Advanced Churners)

As a reminder - this thread is a safe and private place to ask your "next card" questions. If you are hitting any loopholes OR have been in the game awhile, you might choose to ask your question there to avoid leaving breadcrumbs in an openly searchable forum about your gaming behavior :D

We had two reservations cancelled for March arrival that led us to be qualified for the new Disney promo. It's like free dining of old....2 day min in the hotel and 2 day tix (of any type) required. I think we may jump on it but push it as far out as we can taking college schedules into consideration.
At least something good could maybe come from this for you guys on a future trip then!

I live in a small community in northern MN. Our hospital has about 12 ventilators if we count the ones used in surgery. There might be another 12 at another local hospital. Northern MN is definitely not a hot spot but there are discussions of Covid cases in the area. DGD is fortunate that her other grandparents live close and she goes for sleepovers with cousins. DGD came home sick last time because one cousin was sick and the other was sent to grandparents house. Under normal circumstances that is a non-issue for me, kids get sick. Then I started thinking that this other side of the family may not be as good at social distancing as they could be and DD2 and husband don’t think much about it.
Well, last night I was thinking about the availability of ventilators in the area and realizing that if a shortage happens the 39yo Down Syndrome girl (DD1) may not be high on the list of recipients. I had discussion with DH and pointed out that until we have some better options maybe DGD should not come over or we could get together outside ( I sure wish this snow would go away). Am I being crazy? I know we can’t control everything in life, but I’m convinced one of the many intelligent people in the world will find some kind of an answer and things will get better.

I feel so much better having spent a good part of rhe day reading my new book. Now that it's done I feel like I can move on to my other books. My brain just needed a reading vacation.

Fingers crossed my grocery pick up tomorrow goes well and isn't delayed too much from it's 9 to 10 window. And let's be honest if the pb m&ms aren't there I'm stopping at the drug store to get some. Figure it might be less busy, is a local chain so good to support, plus they normally aren't busy prob because their prices are a bit higher.

Yes! I think we might go for it. Cause why not?? We've not seen promos this good in like 5-6 years. I feel like we should go for it. Combine the offer with TA commission and paying with discounted GC's, and it's a sweet deal.
Making Lemonade out of Lemons!! I will take anything to be happy about right now!

DISchurners Announcement:
We haven't had a new member join in over a month! If you are here lurking among us or new - please consider joining DISchurners. You need a reddit account to join but some of our best tips are housed over there!

Also, when applying for new cards there's a way to pay it forward to the community here and that is always greatly appreciated! What we have here is special because so many people are willing to put time and effort into providing great advice!

Anybody who finds us through the DISboards AND has made a comment on our thread here is eligible to join!

I live in a small community in northern MN. Our hospital has about 12 ventilators if we count the ones used in surgery. There might be another 12 at another local hospital. Northern MN is definitely not a hot spot but there are discussions of Covid cases in the area. DGD is fortunate that her other grandparents live close and she goes for sleepovers with cousins. DGD came home sick last time because one cousin was sick and the other was sent to grandparents house. Under normal circumstances that is a non-issue for me, kids get sick. Then I started thinking that this other side of the family may not be as good at social distancing as they could be and DD2 and husband don’t think much about it.
Well, last night I was thinking about the availability of ventilators in the area and realizing that if a shortage happens the 39yo Down Syndrome girl (DD1) may not be high on the list of recipients. I had discussion with DH and pointed out that until we have some better options maybe DGD should not come over or we could get together outside ( I sure wish this snow would go away). Am I being crazy? I know we can’t control everything in life, but I’m convinced one of the many intelligent people in the world will find some kind of an answer and things will get better.

No, I don't think you are being crazy. We are currently under a 'stay home' order. It's not as restrictive as a shelter in place, but definitely more extreme than most realize. It is ok to go get groceries, but try to stay 6 ft apart in the store. Essential businesses open, including lots that we may be surprised to find out are essential. Still, the idea is that you do not associate with anyone outside your immediate family who lives with you. We were hoping to include my mother as part of our quarantine family, even though she lives a few blocks away, mostly because she has early dementia and being alone too much is bad for her mental state. Now DH is being told that he will have to go in to work a couple days a week. That is a whole different level of exposure that I really don't want to open my elderly mother to. It is really a hard situation to be in with no easy solution. We don't want to put family at increased risk, especially those who are most vulnerable. But this situation is going to last a lot longer than two weeks, and separating family for months has definite negatives as well. We all have to balance the level of risk we are willing to accept with the sacrifices we are making in our daily lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter