I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Venmo work ok for the CIP? I know there is a fee to use it, but if I'm trying to meet MSR....

I’m not sure how valid that is. Dish soap is designed for things that come in contact with food. On one website, it talked about being absorbed into food, which could also come from plates, knives, pots and pans. Also if it is easily absorbed wouldn’t it be absorbed into your skin? I’m not talking a big blob of soap, I use a drop or 2.
BTW, totally anecdotal but I’ve used a produce wash or a tiny bit of dish soap for years.
I’ve done this for years too. Maybe my insides are clean too from the soap :rotfl2: .

Bottom line, for those who don’t normally wash their produce, is to at least rinse all fruit/ veg with water. So far my soap habit - tiny amount and rinsed immediately - doesn’t seem to have any ill effects. And it makes me feel like I’ve gotten more pesticides/chemicals off.

Well, I just cancelled my Memorial Day weekend trip. I’m a little heartbroken, but I know it is the right thing to do. Even if the park is open, I just can’t take the risk with my 2 little girls that soon after any restrictions being lifted (if they are). That was going to be my birthday trip, and I was really looking forward to it. I know it is completely silly to be upset about losing a birthday trip (when you are 39-years-old), but I spent last year’s birthday in Iraq away from my family. So, being in my happy place this year with my family was what I really needed.

But in the “big picture” of things, this is just a blip on the radar and we really do have so much to be thankful for in these times. The fact that we have a crazy Army life means when the world throws us curve balls we are used to it and I know my girls are resilient. We also do not have to worry about our jobs in these trying times, and we get to be safe at home during these times.

And on the bright side of things, I rebooked for Columbus Day weekend and somehow was able to score an AKL 1BR Value Villa (which is insane it was available for a holiday weekend!) for half the points of the Memorial Weekend trip.

We finished the MSR on dh’s capital one so now we’re down to only two MSRs. We were hoping to pay for our mortgage using the CSR on plastiq but our mortgage is with Chase so I’m not sure if it will work or not
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you can't do a mortgage through Plastiq with a Visa card. Only MC and Discover are supported for that.
"
The following categories are not supported on Visa:

1. Mortgage payments"
https://www.plastiq.com/terms/#h.9davqr7kmspn
Chase is a pretty well known mortgage provider so it's probably blocked.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you can't do a mortgage through Plastiq with a Visa card. Only MC and Discover are supported for that.
"
The following categories are not supported on Visa:

1. Mortgage payments"
https://www.plastiq.com/terms/#h.9davqr7kmspn
Chase is a pretty well known mortgage provider so it's probably blocked.
Well you can.....if you're creative. We were able to last year, but our mortgage company was a much smaller company. I have a feeling it isn't going to work since our new mortgage is with Chase. If it doesn't work we need to think of some creative ways to hit our 2 MSRs which is $8k total.

My Hilton Aspire AF recently posted. I was debating downgrading before all the COVID mess, but now I am thinking I am going to definitely do so. However, I have a free weekend night cert from this current year (was booked next week in NYC, but obviously not going) with an extended expiration. Does anyone know if I will lose the cert? I also recently used some of the 2020 airline credit, so they may claw that back.

Sorry I’ve been quiet guys - but that might be the case for a couple weeks. I have not worked this hard... honestly since I left the food distribution business (ie 5 years ago). I’m not complaining - just being honest.

Days fly by, I’m spending 10+ hours on the phone a day. And I just can’t keep up here as a result. Ok - well just skimmed all the posts from yesterday and today. Now gonna put in 2-3 hrs of catchup before I get some sleep!

Stay well everybody!!

Last edited:
My Hilton Aspire AF recently posted. I was debating downgrading before all the COVID mess, but now I am thinking I am going to definitely do so. However, I have a free weekend night cert from this current year (was booked next week in NYC, but obviously not going) with an extended expiration. Does anyone know if I will lose the cert? I also recently used some of the 2020 airline credit, so they may claw that back.
I'm in the same position, but have not used the airline credit yet. I'm trying to decide between downgrading or cancel and app for a lower card. This is the only Hilton I've had.

I have read so many threads on the stimulus package I can’t remember where I saw what information. I think we talked about this here. Probably doesn’t affect anyone directly on this thread, but maybe parents or grandparents. Anyone who doesn’t usually file a tax return WILL need to file one to get paid. It says info will be sent with instructions.

Attachments

• A6F80247-77A4-4116-BB15-93A570345D63.png
    A6F80247-77A4-4116-BB15-93A570345D63.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 20
I don’t want to sound any alarms... but I currently cannot generate a new CIP support link.

Could be nothing...or you could soon be looking back at my statement a week ago as prophetic.

$5k links still work but they could stop at any time! Also FYI, it is now April so if you were waiting for the month to turn, it’s go time!!

You should be fine in both cases, your FNC is safe as is your airline credit.

You should be fine in both cases, your FNC is safe as is your airline credit.
I have read so many threads on the stimulus package I can’t remember where I saw what information. I think we talked about this here. Probably doesn’t affect anyone directly on this thread, but maybe parents or grandparents. Anyone who doesn’t usually file a tax return WILL need to file one to get paid. It says info will be sent with instructions.
Yeah, I am not sure why they went this approach for older Americans. There is a better source of than the IRS.

Too bad I don’t have most of those materials. I’m not sure how many people would, but good ideas. My sister is making the cloth ones, which again, better than nothing.
Really? Paper towels, a Kleenex, masking tape, a twisty-tie, and rubber bands are the parts needed for the mask. The plastic folder and two binder clips for a face shield, ok maybe not everybody has those. I'm probably a little weird for having a fondness for office supplies (thanks CIC) but I have all of those supplies at home.

Hey all-

Trying to read through the pages, got only 30 more to go, LOL. I took advantage of the low prices and used the e-credits I got for my flights to RDU in 2 weeks. I just booked a family vaca back to NC at the end of July. I got 3 tickets for almost the price of those 2! Prices are CRAZY low. Normally from DTW into the tiny NC airports (OAJ, EWN, etc) are like $400+. They were $120!

I'm hoping to book my DD's ticket to visit my sister in August soon as well. As those flights are like $100 right now. I am supposed to be in FL right now on my Spring Break. Obv, not there. But now I have a $98 credit with Spirit. I'm dating a Spirit pilot. They were given a chance to "stay home" in May. That said, the flights to Vegas in May are $17 still! Some of June too. But past mid-June they start to jump back up. He said Vegas is so shutdown right now, there were no rental cars open at the airport, and McCarran is limiting the amount of flights in. Obv, the flights are $17 for a reason.

From looking tonight, Spirit seems to increase mid-June, but Delta is still low into August. But I've heard Delta, AA, United, etc are going to be hit much harder by this than Spirit. Since those airlines have a lot more business travel and that will likely be down for awhile.

Okay back to reading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter