I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to call Delta Vacations about my WDW package. I already got the tickets and paid Disney to change them to dated and add days. I can cancel for a refund voucher, but not sure how the refund will work for the tickets. Thinking it might be easier to move the hotel dates back...not sure if Thanksgiving will be safe. If I do that and leave the dated tickets alone, I think they just retain their paid value? Wondering if anyone has a similar situation and has feedback before I call.

Lucked into an Amazon Fresh delivery slot yesterday afternoon for delivery by 7 am today! I am now stalking delivery slots instead of travel. I feel bad for the people packing orders in the middle of the night, wish they shared in the tips (don't think they do?). Some items didn't arrive and I see them all grouped together online, so I think they left out a bag. Refund doesn't have didn't receive item as an option and chat was busy. Guess I'll wait and see if it eventually comes today.

Freeze it! I actually store it in large tupperware canisters (the cubic/rectangular type) so they stack nicely and aren't weird shapes.
I've never understood why flour is packed in those ridiculously impractical bags that give up that poof of flour every time you use them. They should come in some kind of container like coffee.

FL is $275 tops..looked at it since my son lives there..
I'm in Florida and I was laid off in 2003. At the time, the maximum was...$275. It wasn't that helpful then, I can't even imagine now.

for TP keep checking daily on ordering sites....occasionally you'll get lucky with some stock! I've been checking them all for a while, not desperate here but c'mon...this is something that gets used daily ....(see above cloth statement and note for this purpose it would be a true emergency lol) just keep checking!
A bidet, seriously. Here at my parents house, there are 2 so it really helps to stretch the TP in the third bathroom. They sell some on amazon that you attach to your toilet seat and that are super easy to install.

I am sooooo tired of feeding kids. I tried the "use your school stomach" thing but it's not working. :D It's mostly the 12 year told. He seems to need a steady stream of food to survive.
Of all the WFH challenges, lunch is the worst. The last instacart order yesterday was 90% lunch food. Feeding 8 people breakfast, lunch, and dinner takes up so much of my time, I feel that I just jump from one to the other. My 13 year old usually has lunch at 10:50 so lunchtime stretches from then to about 1:30 by the time everyone eats. It doesn't help that chemo has messed with my dad's taste buds and he has food aversions and has become so picky that he gets his own meal.

When I worked in the office, I only checked my mailbox on the weekends. Now I check it almost daily, but am a little nervous about going through it. Then wash my hands afterwords.

Today I had the thought to wait until tomorrow, before the mail comes, to get today's mail. Then any virus will have had time to weaken or die off. Will still handle gently and wash hands, but in my mind, it's a little safer.

When I worked in the office, I only checked my mailbox on the weekends. Now I check it almost daily, but am a little nervous about going through it. Then wash my hands afterwords.

Today I had the thought to wait until tomorrow, before the mail comes, to get today's mail. Then any virus will have had time to weaken or die off. Will still handle gently and wash hands, but in my mind, it's a little safer.
That’s exactly what I have been doing this week.

So here at my nursing home we got the results back for the residents that were tested Monday. They were all negative. We are all so relieved. As contagious as this is reported to be and with the other nursing homes I see with cases kind of spiraling out of control I feel fortunate that we're still at 3 for now. It also makes me proud of my facility and think it reflects on the quality of care we provide here, and that we really do observe all of the infection control precautions to protect our patients. It's probably premature for me to be saying that, because a week from now it could be a different story, but we'll be happy with this victory today. On another note, today our employer gave every employee a really nice thank you letter and a gift card in appreciation of how hard everyone is working :)

:sad1:
I hope this means that they aren't laying off people just yet.

During the last recession 3 of the our 4 unions took pay cuts before cutting positions, only the police union cut positions before they cut salaries. I work for city government.
Hopefully it will mean no layoffs period. He is single and lives alone, so the only house payment comes from him. Luckily he is smart with his money, and he got a HUGE raise in 2018 and them a smaller on in 2019, after he bought his house. He is IT, so he is still valuable.

If you are renewing, unless things changed in the last 3 years, you can mail in to renew you don't need an appointment. I'd go on the passport page and see what it all says. Most countries want you to have at least 6 months until it expires when you arrive as well.

Losing your job should be a qualifying event for them to apply through whatever portal their state uses. Though I know WA opened the portal for new people I think through the 9th, though that may get extended. But they shouldn't be stuck with cobra.
Thank you! DH and I are fine then to mail in. DS’s expires in Oct 2020 so his is the walkin needed. One final child passport.

I got this email from Hyatt. My account still reflects 2020 expiration for my free night and 2/2021 for my status (which will actually be fine, since any status I have is from cc I’m keeping.) Wonder when they will update accounts?

Also has anyone been able to get thru to Chase? DH called this morning to downgrade CSR to CSP and hung up because he said they are only taking calls for lost or stolen cards.

Last edited:
I got this email from Hyatt. My account still reflects 2020 expiration for my free night and 2/2021 for my status (which will actually be fine, since any status I have is from cc I’m keeping. Wonder when they will update accounts?

Think it said free night certs will be extended by the 20th of the month in which they are due to expire. Not sure when the status expiry will update.

I’m more worried about touching our steel mailbox than the mail itself since it lives on steel for 3 days

New Hyatt email:

Rewards:

•​
More time to use points: We are suspending the forfeiture of points through December 31, 2020. As a reminder, our general policy is that points do not expire, but they will be forfeited if a member’s account is inactive for 24 months.​
mail

mail

mail
•​
More time to use earned awards: All unused Free Night, Suite Upgrade or Club Lounge Access awards with expiration dates between March 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 will be extended to December 31, 2021. This includes existing awards and awards that may be earned throughout this year with a 2020 expiration date. The award extension will be generated by World of Hyatt – members do not need to take action. Awards that expired between March 1 and March 31, 2020 will be replaced with new awards on April 20, 2020. All other qualifying, unused awards will be updated by the 20th day of the month in which the award would have originally expired.​
mail

I partially regret pointing this out when they are doing something good, but I'm always annoyed by the "points don't expire but are forfeited for inactivity" language. Hyatt isn't the only one to use it. I'm not sure what that is meant to convey. It's not even good double talk.

But, glad to see them and other travel companies extending these deadlines and "non-expiration" dates. 😉

I am officially out of work today. It wasn't shocking as things have been so slow for the past few weeks. I can't file for UE since I am a contractor, so my spending will be grinding to a halt (other than groceries I haven't been spending any money for the past 4 weeks). I will most likely be called back in the summer.
Darn near everyone can qualify under the recently passed CARES act due to COVID, including contractors. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/01/are...nemployment-insurance-heres-what-to-know.html

I need to call Delta Vacations about my WDW package. I already got the tickets and paid Disney to change them to dated and add days. I can cancel for a refund voucher, but not sure how the refund will work for the tickets. Thinking it might be easier to move the hotel dates back...not sure if Thanksgiving will be safe. If I do that and leave the dated tickets alone, I think they just retain their paid value? Wondering if anyone has a similar situation and has feedback before I call.
Good luck! Please report back after you call to update how it went. I am in the exact same position - booked a WDW package through Delta Vacations, changed my tickets to dated and added days, and need to cancel for a refund voucher (got the insurance). My trip isn't until June, so I haven't called yet, but I already know I will need to. I'm hoping I can retain the dated tickets too.

So here at my nursing home we got the results back for the residents that were tested Monday. They were all negative. We are all so relieved. As contagious as this is reported to be and with the other nursing homes I see with cases kind of spiraling out of control I feel fortunate that we're still at 3 for now. It also makes me proud of my facility and think it reflects on the quality of care we provide here, and that we really do observe all of the infection control precautions to protect our patients. It's probably premature for me to be saying that, because a week from now it could be a different story, but we'll be happy with this victory today. On another note, today our employer gave every employee a really nice thank you letter and a gift card in appreciation of how hard everyone is working :)
What wonderful news! I am an RN at a nursing home so I know how you feel. Obviously a good facility can still have an outbreak, but the better policies and procedures you have in place, and employees that follow them, the better off you’ll be. Keep up the good work, and hang in there!!

Good luck! Please report back after you call to update how it went. I am in the exact same position - booked a WDW package through Delta Vacations, changed my tickets to dated and added days, and need to cancel for a refund voucher (got the insurance). My trip isn't until June, so I haven't called yet, but I already know I will need to. I'm hoping I can retain the dated tickets too.

I called and moved my reservation to Thanksgiving. Changed it to 2 nights instead of 3 and used the leftover value to get another 3 day flex base ticket for DH (since he wasn't going to come on this Spring Break trip). Paid another $55 OOP.

I asked to leave the 3 tickets I already have alone, which didn't seem to be a problem. I have the same Delta Vacations confirmation number. The tickets show up as Activities 1 (original 3 tickets with the same ticket number) and Activities 2 (DH's new ticket, no ticket number which makes sense). So all appears to be in order. 🤞 🤞 🤞 But I will watch it on MDE. The tickets on MDE now show them as valid from 4/4/20 (my dated ticket date) to 12/15/20, so I won't need to worry about getting them changed unless my dates change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!