I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our dishwasher just died, we have one in mind but wondering if anyone has done lots of research and can recommend one.

looking at this one because I really like that the door automatically opens at then end of the cycle to let out the steam, but I'm wondering if there are better options
https://www.hahnappliance.com/dishwashers/dishwashers/built-in-dishwashers/DW80R5061US/
Haha! I feel like there was a pretty big dishwasher discussion a few months back. Was is @WVMomof3 who was buying a new one :scratchin

Did someone have a recommendation for a person or site making and selling masks? I think I saw someone mention Etsy some pages back...

Did someone have a recommendation for a person or site making and selling masks? I think I saw someone mention Etsy some pages back...
Shopniknaksbynik

Ordered Saturday, shipped today. I think she donates one for each one sold. And I messed up my order and she was really nice to fix it.

ETA: I don't see she's still selling them. Weird.

Last edited:

The Office is one of the few shows I can watch a million times and never get tired of it...... That + IT Crowd+ Parks and Rec... I'm rewatching all the old Cold Case episodes on Roku Channel...I love roku channel- with a few 30 Rock episodes thrown in b/c that's one more show I can watch and rewatch.
I use The Office, Parks and Rec, and Friends as shows that I can throw on without having to fully pay attention to them

Just got an email from Allstate that they are giving money back (about 15%) paid for auto insurance premiums in April and May because people are driving less. Plus free identity insurance through the end of the year. (If I sign up I will have to remember to cancel it next year). Nice gestures for their customers.

TV watching - I have been working my way through Midsomer Murders on Prime video. It's fun trying to identify the actors who have been in other series I have seen like Pride & Prejudice (have seen both Mr Wickham and Mr Collins) and Harry Potter.

Got a passholder email:

Important Walt Disney World Passholder Update​
Dear Valued Annual Passholder, This is a truly unprecedented time for all of us, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work through the many details related to the temporary closure of the theme parks. We recognize this may be a challenging time, so we wanted to share how we will assist our Annual Passholders. Active Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passes who have paid in full will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the theme parks. As an alternative, in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the theme park closure period. Information will be provided soon on how to choose this option. Our Annual Passholders are some of our most loyal guests, and we stand ready to help during this incredibly uncertain time. If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries. Disney Destinations​

WALT DISNEY WORLD logo

Depending on when they reopen, I may go for a refund.

Just got an email from Allstate that they are giving money back (about 15%) paid for auto insurance premiums in April and May because people are driving less. Plus free identity insurance through the end of the year. (If I sign up I will have to remember to cancel it next year). Nice gestures for their customers.

TV watching - I have been working my way through Midsomer Murders on Prime video. It's fun trying to identify the actors who have been in other series I have seen like Pride & Prejudice (have seen both Mr Wickham and Mr Collins) and Harry Potter.

Yes, it is. Hoping State Farm does something similar. I somehow got the email and have no allstate insurance, but used to many years ago.

For my Virginia friends including @pillow and @DisneyMandC the Washington model now shows us peaking 4/20 and our deaths are cut in half.

And I'm confused on the JHU map. It shows two deaths in my county but we have one nursing home alone that has had 20 deaths. And they didn't just happen.

It's funny you posted this. I just got on here and caught up, but checked the Washington model about an hour ago and was really happy to see that news! Hope the models continue to look better for us.

:rolleyes1 I was...... disappointed with the movie. that's an understatement for the sake of peace lol:rotfl2: How some people describe the Cats movie? That's my take on the Downton Abby movie...

What?! Oh man, I loved the movie! Totally cried at the end!

So in CC related news, my house needs to be painted and my deck needs to be re-stained (can't believe I've been in this house seven years--it really has been my fresh start). I hate spending money now but I'm also not a big fan of deferred maintenance. I just got a call from a company I have used in the past about a special they are running because work is slow so I'm getting an estimate. The one thing I like about them is I have terrible hardboard siding (it's what they used hear before hardiplank and it's one small step up from cardboard) and they can replace that if they find bad pieces whereas a regular painter wouldn't be able to. And they take credit cards.

I also need to take four cedar trees down and have the stumps ground, but that may need to wait. They're not going to fall down. Just a bit unsightly.

I'm interested to know which company it is for painting. We also need our house painted and I was going to call someone right when everything blew up to come out and give an estimate. Obviously now I'm pushing that back out due to social distancing but also wanting to hold onto some cash for a while longer.

I see it thanks. I was looking more north/west. My grandmother is in a nursing home in Hanover. At 97 years old, I don't worry so much about her passing away (if this doesn't take her, something else will at her age), but more about the fact that we can't visit. I don't want her to feel abandoned. :worried: She has alzheimers and has no idea what's going on.

I'm sorry, that's so tough. My grandma is in a Chesterfield nursing home which, thankfully, has been safe so far. They stopped letting visitors come in over three weeks ago now. Have you considered getting one of the Alexa's with a video screen to set up in her room? We have one for my 98 year old grandma and it's perfect because you can "drop in" on her and literally she doesn't have to touch a button on it or do a single thing with it. She has no idea how to use it, but my mom and her siblings have it set to automatically answer when they call so sometimes they can even just drop in for a couple minutes and just make sure she's eating lunch, comfortable, whatever. Before she was in skilled nursing, my uncle actually once dropped in using Alexa and discovered my grandma had fallen and was able to call the facility to help her (not the facility's fault, my grandma refused to use the button to call them when she fell).

It wouldn't help you right now since you can't get over there, but going forward it may be able to provide you some peace of mind.

Haha! I feel like there was a pretty big dishwasher discussion a few months back. Was is @WVMomof3 who was buying a new one :scratchin

Yes. That was me. Everyone recommended Bosch. I balked at the price, ordered one anyway and after a week or more they told me it came in damaged. So I said forget it. I wanted one ASAP. Picked a different model- oh, that will take over a week to get here too. Try 3- that one too. I ended up with a Maytag. Still took a couple of days to come in. Apparently they keep nothing in stock? I picked one with the 3rd row rack because I thought I would like that feature. It’s a pain in the tush. Things that use to fit on top row no longer fit. So I have no recommendations for you lol. This Maytag seems to clean well enough though.

Yes. That was me. Everyone recommended Bosch. I balked at the price, ordered one anyway and after a week or more they told me it came in damaged. So I said forget it. I wanted one ASAP. Picked a different model- oh, that will take over a week to get here too. Try 3- that one too. I ended up with a Maytag. Still took a couple of days to come in. Apparently they keep nothing in stock? I picked one with the 3rd row rack because I thought I would like that feature. It’s a pain in the tush. Things that use to fit on top row no longer fit. So I have no recommendations for you lol. This Maytag seems to clean well enough though.
Oh no! We currently have a Maytag. It cleans well and we like it we may just go look at them this evening.

Got a passholder email:

Important Walt Disney World Passholder Update​
Dear Valued Annual Passholder, This is a truly unprecedented time for all of us, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work through the many details related to the temporary closure of the theme parks. We recognize this may be a challenging time, so we wanted to share how we will assist our Annual Passholders. Active Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passes who have paid in full will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the theme parks. As an alternative, in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the theme park closure period. Information will be provided soon on how to choose this option. Our Annual Passholders are some of our most loyal guests, and we stand ready to help during this incredibly uncertain time. If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries. Disney Destinations​

WALT DISNEY WORLD logo

Depending on when they reopen, I may go for a refund.
I’m going for a refund. We were supposed to be there this week ( I should be in the magic kingdom right now boo), and had a Memorial Day trip panned and I’m pretty sure my mid June trip isn’t happening either. Our passes expire mid August and fall isn’t a good time for us to go. There are no school breaks and my DH is a college professor and can’t miss classss.

I’m going for a refund. We were supposed to be there this week ( I should be in the magic kingdom right now boo), and had a Memorial Day trip panned and I’m pretty sure my mid June trip isn’t happening either. Our passes expire mid August and fall isn’t a good time for us to go. There are no school breaks and my DH is a college professor and can’t miss classss.
I won't decide until I see how long they stay closed, and if we are able to still take our July trip.

CC news: After some discussion of the Schwab Amex Platinum here last week, I applied. Opened the Schwab account Thursday/Friday. Applied for Schwab Amex Plat Friday and was approved. Got the temporary number. Had a big once-a-year expense due, and with that and another necessary charge, made 80% of the MSR over the weekend. Received the actual physical card today. I have a substantial stash of MR points so cashing them out at 1.25 cents is worthwhile.

I believe they now ask for ID even for deposits, and the person depositing the check has to be on the account.

I usually deposit the few checks I ever get via the mobile app. Well, I had one that I went to the bank to deposit (no money back) and the teller gave me the 10th degree about it, asked for ID which I had and then acted like she was doing me some favor deposited the money for me. :confused3 I told her she could see on my account where the deposits came from every two weeks and that if anyone ever stops by and wants to leave money in my account, fine by me. Judging by the empty desks around her, she'll soon be replaced by an automated machine.

Bosch 800 series is what I will be replacing mine with.

I have an 800 series Bosch and love it! So quiet and it's been getting quite the workout these past few weeks with everyeone at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!