I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't use PayPal because I don't like the idea of any company being able to dip into my account. Having something auto charged to a credit card is one thing, access to my banking, no no. Maybe I'm a little hysterical with that, lol.

I use Paypal and they do not have any of my bank details. They keep asking me to link a bank account - but I just ignore them and use the account for payments and receipts from RMN.

I use Paypal and they do not have any of my bank details. They keep asking me to link a bank account - but I just ignore them and use the account for payments and receipts from RMN.

Interesting! When I went to set up an account it was part of the process so I abandoned it and used my son's account. I haven't needed it since then so it's really a non issue for me. It's been quite a few years also, back when I had to cancel and rent out my DVC points and I was taking payments.

Do you know when they release the next day for online ordering? Last time I ordered they were just doing two days at a time. Been refreshing my cart yesterday and now all morning looking for the next day release... :confused3

I don't know for sure because I've only tried two nights (and was unsuccessful the first night) but it was at 0125 Arizona time. Mind you, it was just the one type/brand, and it was the only thing I was looking for. I felt like I had to act instantly so I didn't mess around looking for anything else!

I do plan to keep looking each night I am up, just to see if I can discern any type of pattern.

And I still had zero luck with Costco for TP.

Next goal: Kleenex!

So for clarification, if I sign in as her in the bank app, I will be able to deposit it? I would still have to forge her signature. I'm very uncomfortable doing that. In fact, all your wonderful suggestions (thank you so much) reqire me to sign for her. Will the deposit on the app work without a signature?

For our credit union, we do not sign checks that are deposited in the app. The only thing you write is "for remote deposit only." No idea why...

I haven't been to either Sam's or Costco in a couple months. I've been reading from my neighbors that neither store is busy later in the day... but I can't get TP if I go later in the day! So I kept refreshing and was able to order!

I may go into a store in person here in a week or two for the other things that aren't necessary at the moment.. and then again I may not. Depends what happens here in the next two weeks. I imagine things could change quite a bit.
Our Sam's had oodles of TP yesterday.

I won't use PayPal because I don't like the idea of any company being able to dip into my account. Having something auto charged to a credit card is one thing, access to my banking, no no. Maybe I'm a little hysterical with that, lol.
I've used paypal for years (used to sell quite a bit on ebay) and have always had it attached to my 'paypal only' bank account...they were pretty shady for a long time. I keep a .05 balance in there unless I need it otherwise.

I don't want to offend.... but I thought it was so dismally bad.... I actually had to force myself to wacth to the boring,bitter end. It was completely 2 dimensional,the characters were all in it basically,as a 'look,here's so and so for you to see on camera'- the storyline was as thin and stretched as it could possibly be, and I found myself wondering why I had so enjoyed the years watching the show. I feel like it shouldn't have been made,it kind of ruined the show ending for me to imagine the full lives of all the characters.... Ok you asked :rotfl2: :rotfl: I'm not saying no one should enjoy it, I know we all have our own opinions for entertainment.... (i'm usually the opposite of most people)
No offense taken. Good to read other takes. Yeah, I'd say we just enjoyed seeing the characters again and didn't dig too deep.
Thanks!

I have my painting estimate if anyone wants to give me advice. So my price to paint the house and stain the deck is $4,000 for a mid-range SW paint and $4,600 for a super premium (Duration). Plus I have about $750 of siding/deck railing to be replaced.

I can provide my own paint--didn't ask what the cost would be if I did that.

Definitely leaning toward the better paint. No plans to move anytime soon.

Any negotiation tips? They are saying these prices are discounted 20%. I was thinking of telling them if they could use the super premium paint and do the repairs for $5,000 they could have the job.

Now that I'm thinking about it (tp,thanks to previous posts :rotfl: ) I don't know why the whole tp shortage thing surprised me......I mean,I've always known in the back of my mind that other countries with less fortunate circumstances have *always* had tp shortage issues,where it could be a valuable commodity. Duh.... talk about being privileged to have never considered this before...... I know I for one will never look at a tp aisle in the grocery the same way again! I have a friend who emigrated here from behind 'the iron curtain'- when he entered his first "normal to us" grocery store...he cried at the abundance of everything.
This is something I contemplate daily now.

I have my painting estimate if anyone wants to give me advice. So my price to paint the house and stain the deck is $4,000 for a mid-range SW paint and $4,600 for a super premium (Duration). Plus I have about $750 of siding/deck railing to be replaced.

Any negotiation tips? They are saying these prices are discounted 20%. I was thinking of telling them if they could use the super premium paint and do the repairs for $5,000 they could have the job.
I'm guessing this changes depending on area where you live, but around here for a good paint job,the estimate is around 8-10k for an average small home.

I just scored all our day of our July trip at the BW (our home sweet home). Started at SSR, then OKW, then Sunday got 2 days at BW, and 1 more day an hour later. This morning, the other 3 days opened up. Cost me $171 in one time use points, but hey, it's BWV. Now, will this trip actually happen?? I won't know what to do without hitting refresh every five minutes all day long on the DVC website now.

Yes! Exactly- I call them my cooking shows.... I've never watched most of New Girl,so that was my latest go-to for cooking shows... I need something funny that I can pay 1/2 attention to.... :rotfl2:
I watched all of new girl but it was hard for me to get into. Dh doesn’t really like it either

I’m so upset right now! Dh and I finally saw the hogwarts castle LEGO set available on amazon. We put it in our cart, added the Amex 20%, and then it said the item is no longer available! We were all ready to shell out $400 on it lol. It still shows available so something’s going on. We’re gonna try again later.

On a separate note, Dh was able to get a Shipt delivery time for tomorrow night! He said one time randomly showed up this morning after he had been looking for two hours.

Well, last spring, I talked to a guy in the Sherwin Williams store (he was a painter picking up stuff for a job) about painting my house, and my price without paint after I gave him particulars, ie size, type, etc was vaguely 'in the 3k range without paint and supplies' except he would have to see it first. I was doing my roof and a little indoor painting so didn't follow up, so that's the best I can help you with. My siding also needs paint bad but just for appearance sake, as it is aluminum.

Plus, the addition has good paint as it was new aluminum. The reason I'm sort of getting away with not painting is I also have stonework so not that much painted area facing the street.

I was just checking my AmEx account and the strangest thing happened. As many of you know, I prepaid a portion of our WA Maldives stay last year to trigger the Aspire resort credit. I also made another prepayment to see if it would trigger an offer on the Aspire (it didn't). When it became clear that we wouldn't be going on this trip, the resort very kindly refunded me both of my pre-payments. It appears that the refund from the resort triggered the $250.00 resort credit for this year (even though both transactions are refunds). Thankful for the money, but it seems odd! Any chance AmEx will claw back the $250.00?

I'm guessing this changes depending on area where you live, but around here for a good paint job,the estimate is around 8-10k for an average small home.

That sounds like 'licensed contractor' type work. There are some things that I feel okay with going to 'Joe the painter' for. My roof, no, I needed warranties for the next 30 years or so. A bad paint job is an eyesore that can be touched up. A leaking roof is a destructive issue. Either that or you have a 3500-4000 sq ft house/2 story with lots of gables, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter