I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry- another question on PCing a Chase card... is the phone number to call the 800-242-7338 ? I called it just now and the menu is.... extensive... so I am not sure I am calling the right place. And, is there a secret to getting through to a live person? (Although I'm not even sure they're open right now since it's Saturday)?

Sorry- another question on PCing a Chase card... is the phone number to call the 800-242-7338 ? I called it just now and the menu is.... extensive... so I am not sure I am calling the right place. And, is there a secret to getting through to a live person? (Although I'm not even sure they're open right now since it's Saturday)?
I jyst called the number on the back of my card, and yes, the menu is extensive. Just keep at it and eventually you'll get a person. I'm not sure if today will work. I did it on a Monday.

called the other day..what worked for me was not hitting any of the menu options...just waited until they said press 0 to speak with an a customer service representative

it very much depends on who cancelled it and where you purchased it. In most cases, if you continue to push for COVID19 reason, they will eventually give you a refund. I know of 2 ppl who gotten refunds through Chase portal even though it was flyer that cancelled. If BA cancelled the flight, it should be a lot easier to cancel and get your money back.
Thanks for the dp. This was cash - BA canceled, only online option is a voucher,calling is basically a recording saying" yeah right we won't be talking to you".... They're going to keep trying calling for the actual refund. I wonder if any odd times work better than others....

soooo.... credit limits dropped.... how can I see if mine have been lowered? I checked yesterday,and I can't quite tell ,but overall they seem kind of low right now,I did lower some a while back, but I was being careful about utilization vs limit numbers.... my CSR is only 6k at this point...

Interesting news on IHG rewards certs from DoC readers. If this sticks it'd be like paying the AF for 40k points (although the surcharge isn't fixed so might not always be worth it).

IHG To Possibly Allow Usage Of 40,000 Point Free Night Certificates At Properties Costing 40,000+ Points

I wasn't able to do it but I would certainly love the opportunity. I got my FNC in early August last year and since they have an extended expiration, it would be nice to do a weekend with them in mid August.

soooo.... credit limits dropped.... how can I see if mine have been lowered? I checked yesterday,and I can't quite tell ,but overall they seem kind of low right now,I did lower some a while back, but I was being careful about utilization vs limit numbers.... my CSR is only 6k at this point...

If you look at your last statement..it’s shown in the account summary section

called the other day..what worked for me was not hitting any of the menu options...just waited until they said press 0 to speak with an a customer service representative

That's my system when I want to talk to a live individual, which is fairly seldom any more. But sometimes it just hangs up on you.

Are you asking how you would know if yours dropped? I am not sure you can if you do not know what it was to start with. I keep my credit limits in my spreadsheet. I have not looked to see if any of mine are different than what I have listed.

ETA - or look at your past statements like @palhockeymomof2 said! lol

I called and it says I have no applications on file in the past 30 days. I checked and I applied for the Freedom on April 10th. Didn't realize it was that long ago. I applied for the CIC on May 28th. Would I need to wait 30 days since that one, or does it not count because it's a biz card?

If you were denied for a Freedom I am guessing you were 5/24. If you are absolutely sure you are under now then I think you are fine to apply now.

Are you asking how you would know if yours dropped? I am not sure you can if you do not know what it was to start with. I keep my credit limits in my spreadsheet. I have not looked to see if any of mine are different than what I have listed.

ETA - or look at your past statements like @palhockeymomof2 said! lol
@hsmamato2 its also listed for each card when you log in. For mobile, if I tap on the account, I can see payment due date, min payment due, etc. Scrolling down and tapping Show Details shows available credit and total credit limit.

DH and I both have Aviator Biz cards. $95 AF. Both of us have miles in our AA accounts but no concrete travel plans. Soonest likely to be 2021.
Should I keep one card for free bags?

Need to make a $1300 purchase today. Can I get $500 VGC at Walmart neighborhood market? And it should code a grocery for 5X on CSR correct?

Need to make a $1300 purchase today. Can I get $500 VGC at Walmart neighborhood market? And it should code a grocery for 5X on CSR correct?

I can't answer about walmart but can you get it at an actual grocery store to be sure?

I can't answer about walmart but can you get it at an actual grocery store to be sure?
All the big grocery stores have closed in my area, the only real grocery store doesn’t allow gift card purchases with credit card.

we have Walmart, Sprouts, Trader Joe’s, Wholefoods, WinCo, and the local store Reasor’s.

I have a note to myself that Albort posted a guide on DISchurners about Hyatt Explorist and mLife Gold that I'm having trouble finding. I've tried Search & Advanced Search with keywords mLife, Explorist, author:albort, etc.
Any tips?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter