I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not usually up at this hour. Got a text that our SW flight out of MDW was cancelled this morning. Called right away and got an inexperienced agent who couldn't find any flights to MCO today or book another city pair. Only could offer us tomorrow morning at 6am to MCO. Called back, got another agent and got rebooked today into RSW to drive up to Orlando. Then I go to check in, my DH and I are booked on the 8:40 am...but my DD is on the 6am. :scared: Third call in...finally fixed. If I try to tweet SWA for some Luv for my troubles, do I just tweet the regular SW handle. I'm not too experienced in the twitter realm.

Bummed that we have to drive 3 hours but I'm glad we're able to get in today. 🤞 Football game tomorrow! Go Blue!
wow! No flights to Tampa?

New thread! I don’t think I have ever been part of a thread this early on. Happy for all of the advice I have received here and hope that mine has been useful to some people as well.
Goals this year: CIP for P1
P2 - not sure yet, maybe work towards a CP late fall to get early the next year.
Plan a trip to California and Hawaii!

Found the new thread, so checking in!

I really want to go on one of those Virgin Voyages. DH saw the commercial this morning... now he wants to go too. In fact, I'm considering dropping my Greece cruise for this one. Decisions decisions. We did the Med in October but this is all different stops, save for starting and ending in Barcelona again (and I love Spain!)

But I want to see Greece. So torn.

Happy New Thread (and New Year!) :cheer2:

What's the shortest trip you would take if you had "spent" enough miles to travel in first class halfway around the world?

I'm trying to decide what to do if my desired return window never opens! I think I'd just cancel the whole thing! I didn't realize that leaving on November 15 is going to put my desired return over Thanksgiving weekend. Getting home might be trickier than I thought.
I think a week, actually on the ground, would be my shortest trip. We did 6 nights in Rome, but from the east coast, which was perfect for staying in one city. Multiple cities would need more time.
Yay new thread! Should we do a kick off topic? 2020 churning goals?

Post what cards you have your eye on, what points you aim to earn, or any other card/churning goals for the new year!
We are slooooooooow churners.

For dh, a somewhat reluctant P2:
  • start moving into the Hilton arena in the summer
  • OR hold off for SW CP at the end of 2020, depending on what the required RR amount is
Right now he's happy putting spend on his Gold and CF (pc'd from CSP) with our gym charges going to his Hyatt (bonus category).

As for me, I'm 4/24 until June :rolleyes: . I would really like my own Gold but that will need to wait until more space opens. My choices for Q1 look to be
  • a Chase biz, specifically CIC for the office supply category (I am risk averse, you guys)
  • OR something Amex business-y, which I have no idea since I haven't been paying attention to those options :rotfl:I will need help!

Post what cards you have your eye on, what points you aim to earn, or any other card/churning goals for the new year!

Well, I am kind-of boring in the churning world since I am not planning any new cards. I plan to continue to maximize the use of the cards I currently have. Would like to see my URs get to 200K, my MRs get to 100K, and keep building my Discover cash back.

Other sort-of related goals (related to travel more than churning):
  • remember to use MPX more often when making purchases. We never fly United, but easily can. And I can always trade those points in for gift cards if we definitely decide we don't need them to fly.
  • continue to maximize the earning of free Disney gift cards (to pay DVC dues) and earn free IHG points and free JetBlue points

Happy New Thread!! pixiedust:

Churning Goals for 2020:
I had 2 cards drop off in the last few months and I am 1/24 ! Woohoo love it!
I just logged into Chase and saw I have a new CIP in my account, so I will be working on that MSR. I have some traveling excursions to book so that will help.
Since I have some wiggle room, I am thinking about jumping into the Hilton point world.
At the end of 2020 I will need to start working with Southwest for a new CP for 2021/22.

I have a sapphire that will be hitting a year in Feb that I plan on PCing to a Freedom, and a CIP pc to CIC.

I want to try for a couple of bank bonuses this year as well.

Goal #1: Get off the computer, find a quiet place, and actually make some goals for the year.
Goal #2: Analyze the points that I have and figure out all of the options to use them. (I have become a hoarder.)
Goal #3: Try to get Bonvoy free nights extended. (March)
Goal #4: Cancel Amex Bonvoy Biz. Maybe, try for a new Amex before I do this.

Happy New Year! Next up is a CIP. (I will apply tomorrow). Other than that wait and see.

Churning has been mostly depressing lately and not exciting. Fingers crossed game will actually change for the positive in the next year. It seems lately just bad news of shut downs and locked accounts.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what my 2020 goals are yet. At a high level probably to be more strategic and thoughtful. I’ve got $22k plus just in tax payments this year so plenty to spend. I think biz platinum is up next.

Checked into RPR this morning with my AA vacation package with no issue. In line for Hagrid. One child is not happy but he’ll get over it.
Eta 300 minute wait. This may test my relationship with my son.

Last edited:
My Churning 2020 New Years Resolution:

- stop ruining things for other DISchurners.

in 2019 I started collecting UR and Disney went off the portal. I get on the train and they shut the whole thing down.

Sorry guys. I’ll do better in 2020.

Goals for 2020:
Replace our downstairs HVAC unit 😭 DH and I will be getting new chase Biz cards to pay the $10K
Keep DH at 4/24. He'll go back down to 3/24 in March, so he might be getting another personal card.
I'm at 0/24 - I'm not sure what personal card to get. Possibly the Amex Gold, we spend like a million dollars at grocery stores organically. We don't have any grocery chains that sell VGC.
And maybe the IHG card, that could come in handy in Spain next year. But it's really hard to apply for personal cards when there are better options out there 😉

2020 goals - not wait until the last minute to pack for my next trip which is in approximately 10 days.

Get to 4/24. then 3/24, then 2/24 and in between collect some 'dream' points that other's refer to as UR's. This now possible in 2020, but 0/24 is not as I forgot about a little card I got in 2019.

Live life and love life every day.

Find someone to keep my house clean. Daughter says she will pay that bill.

2020 goals:

As soon as we receive DH's JetBlue Biz card and my Hilton biz card, start working on the MSRs
Apply for Hilton Aspire for DH (if he gets the pop-up, we'll start putting a lot of spend on his existing Amex cards)
Apply for Hyatt card for me
Earn FWN on my Hilton biz
Earn free Hyatt night on my card
Cancel our SPG biz cards at the 2 year mark
Close some bank accounts that I opened just for bonuses

I feel like this is the most focused I've been in a while, usually I don't have specific cards in mind.

I'm not usually up at this hour. Got a text that our SW flight out of MDW was cancelled this morning. Called right away and got an inexperienced agent who couldn't find any flights to MCO today or book another city pair. Only could offer us tomorrow morning at 6am to MCO. Called back, got another agent and got rebooked today into RSW to drive up to Orlando. Then I go to check in, my DH and I are booked on the 8:40 am...but my DD is on the 6am. :scared: Third call in...finally fixed. If I try to tweet SWA for some Luv for my troubles, do I just tweet the regular SW handle. I'm not too experienced in the twitter realm.

Bummed that we have to drive 3 hours but I'm glad we're able to get in today. 🤞 Football game tomorrow! Go Blue!
Wow - I’m sorry you’re dealing with all of that! I hope everything goes well and your trip is awesome. Any word on why it was cancelled??

Here on the new thread! Happy New Year! We are currently using our 7 night certificate in Tampa. Having a great time just walking around various parts of the city. We have been to Dunedin (highly recommend), Tarpon Springs (glad we did it, but wouldn't go there again), Ybor City (eh, reminded me of Bourbon Street but with no one around but lots of chickens, maybe because we were there early on a Monday), Tampa Riverwalk (nice area to walk). Today we are going to St. Pete, tomorrow Busch Gardens and Friday driving up to Crystal River to hopefully swim with the Manatees. Our hotel, I don't really recommend. I think @Judique and @amalone1013 have both mentioned it as a possibility. It is The Current on Tampa Bay and it is fairly new, I think opened in September. The only reason I picked it is because it said it slept 5 and had a sofa. I was worried because I saw ZERO pictures of the queen rooms, only the King rooms. The King room pic showed a settee, I wouldn't call it a sofa, but I thought better than nothing. Well turns out nothing is what you get in the queen room! There is a chair but no sofa. It has not been fun, but we are making it work with a lot of complaints. They only have valet parking, and there is no reason for it. There is parking under the hotel and an attached garage. Not really sure why they insist on valet. And the hot water sucks. The hotel is not within walking distance of anything.

Goals for 2020 - More URs! Don't have anything specific, I guess more business cards. I need to actually plan my trips out so I know what I need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!