I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life update. We are planning on moving out of state this summer. Very excited for that, but have spent weeks trying to get our house ready to sell. Between that and medical bills, I'm putting all kinds of money on cards without MSRs. :scared1: I'll be getting a new mortgage in a few months so unsure if new cards will affect anything with that. Any thoughts?

Churning update: I was 500 points short of a SW companion pass at my statement close of 1/23. Grr. I'm way over that now, but the next one closes the day after my flight on 2/22. Oh well. They did match me to the extra 35000 points after spending 5K in 6mos. I met that spend and they confirmed that it should show up after the next statement closing date.

Also, heading to DHS (after our cruise) next week. I'll need to read the RotR thread, but as far as I can tell, the short version is arrive early, get through turnstyles before park opens. After it opens, open app and get boarding group. My boys have appointments for the lightsaber building thing. We're offsite so no FPs for Smugglers run, but I'll keep trying.

Finished taxes. Owe $550, which is much better than I thought. So that's good (ish, i'd rather not owe anything...) but i'll be filing that puppy in April. An extra 2 months of holding onto my money.

I think that's it, i'll go back to lurking now. 8-)

We upgrade our phones every two years. I do it at Best Buy on Black Friday. They usually offer some kind of gift card 300 at least for Samsungs and a decent discount off I phones. We've been with Sprint for 13 years. We get 25% off our plan through my husband's work and then we get a 10 dollars off per phone loyalty credit for easy pay. I'm not going to lie I love my cell phone and upgrading is one of my splurges....that and Dooney and Burke DCL purses. It's also my kid's Christmas present every other year because they also love their phones. My DH, on the other hand, has an old dinosaur phone. He could care less.
We also have Sprint with a corporate discount but a really old unlimited package. I chatted with Sprint today and was told my rate wasn’t eligible for the autopay discount. I can change to a rate which is eligible but then no corporate/employee discount would apply. Rep assured me that the autopay discount would save me $35 even without the employee discount. I need to have someone review this in person, because I don’t always believe the phone/chat reps.
I can't say I've had bad service except maybe the time the waiter dropped a tray and doused me with lots of water and other debris. That was a long time ago.

I actually don't understand this chain. Tyson's Corner (Va) closed a long time back and it was full every time we went - kids were younger then and it was what they always asked for. I think they didn't have their lease renewed because that mall upgraded to a lot of high end and very pricey retail. They didn't reopen nearby, but that was before Landry's took over. And Landry's is constantly expanding or dropping locations. The AK restaurant was jam packed with a 45 minute wait at 5:30 (if you weren't a select member).
The suburban RC near us always had a long wait (even for Landry’s members it was 20-30 minutes) then you get inside and see lots of empty tables. Service was horribly slow and food not great. Landry’s says it closed at the end of their lease but I’m sure they could have worked something out if it had been making money. It was terrible.

Ohyeah, and on the Landry's thing, I was at DS during Christmas week and at Rainforest, walk ups were being told that it was a 2 hr wait. Flashed my Landry's card and our party of 9 was seating within 3 minutes. I almost felt a little guilty for skipping the line. I don't love their food, but it's convenient when we want to sit and eat without an ADR.

I can't tell you I really noticed the pink - is it possible that the shading in the picture just makes it look that way? It seems fairly subtle to me if they are changing the color. Mostly I've only seen the blue and gold mentioned in all the posts though. I only hear pink being mentioned by people complaining (or saying they like it). That's why I wonder if it was just the shading in the concept art and not necessarily a change...

EDIT: Now that you've pointed it out, the more I stare, the more I notice it, haha! I can't say I have an opinion on it...but I do see it now, lol!

EDIT2: I'm still wondering if it's just the a function of the angle of the shot. Looking at the base, the greens and just the shading in general seems like there's a "filter" of sorts on this mock picture. The angle of the sun too glistening off of things contributes a bit. I still wonder if the pink is real or just a function of the way they colored the pic...
The article I read said it looked like a" pale rose gold-colored paint job " and I agree. It would fit their Golden anniversary gold theming it looks like they're trying to tie in. White would be too much of a contrast and the pale pink/rose gold color would compliment all the gold trim better with the grey. Plus we all know Rose Gold is the happening thing :thumbsup2

The article I read said it looked like a" pale rose gold-colored paint job " and I agree. It would fit their Golden anniversary gold theming it looks like they're trying to tie in. White would be too much of a contrast and the pale pink/rose gold color would compliment all the gold trim better with the grey. Plus we all know Rose Gold is the happening thing :thumbsup2
I’m not a rose gold person but I think it looks fine. I actually really like the darker blue with gold trim. The blue reminds me of lapis which was my favorite stone when I was younger.

We also have Sprint with a corporate discount but a really old unlimited package. I chatted with Sprint today and was told my rate wasn’t eligible for the autopay discount. I can change to a rate which is eligible but then no corporate/employee discount would apply. Rep assured me that the autopay discount would save me $35 even without the employee discount. I need to have someone review this in person, because I don’t always believe the phone/chat reps.

The suburban RC near us always had a long wait (even for Landry’s members it was 20-30 minutes) then you get inside and see lots of empty tables. Service was horribly slow and food not great. Landry’s says it closed at the end of their lease but I’m sure they could have worked something out if it had been making money. It was terrible.
Maybe go into a store. We changed everything in store. We had the old unlimited package. We still have unlimited, corporate discount, loyalty credit and the auto pay discount. I’ve been able to change the payment card monthly. Now that I have the CIP I’ll stick with using that for the cell phone insurance.

Phone reps are a mixed bag. This holds true for any company including Disney.
I used to have the direct phone number to Sprints escalation department, but they changed that number. Yes I’ve gone a few rounds in the ring with Sprint.

I’m not into rose gold at all. But I hate the color gold so that’s probably why

Maybe go into a store. We changed everything in store. We had the old unlimited package. We still have unlimited, corporate discount, loyalty credit and the auto pay discount. I’ve been able to change the payment card monthly. Now that I have the CIP I’ll stick with using that for the cell phone insurance.

Phone reps are a mixed bag. This holds true for any company including Disney.
I used to have the direct phone number to Sprints escalation department, but they changed that number. Yes I’ve gone a few rounds in the ring with Sprint.
That’s what I’m thinking. Although I’m not sure the corporate discount is good anymore if they check it, it started 3 buyouts ago. The chat rep said they still have Basic Unlimited but I have ‘old’ unlimited which is the same except doesn’t allow autopay discount. What?

Life update. We are planning on moving out of state this summer. Very excited for that, but have spent weeks trying to get our house ready to sell. Between that and medical bills, I'm putting all kinds of money on cards without MSRs. :scared1: I'll be getting a new mortgage in a few months so unsure if new cards will affect anything with that. Any thoughts?

Churning update: I was 500 points short of a SW companion pass at my statement close of 1/23. Grr. I'm way over that now, but the next one closes the day after my flight on 2/22. Oh well. They did match me to the extra 35000 points after spending 5K in 6mos. I met that spend and they confirmed that it should show up after the next statement closing date.

Also, heading to DHS (after our cruise) next week. I'll need to read the RotR thread, but as far as I can tell, the short version is arrive early, get through turnstyles before park opens. After it opens, open app and get boarding group. My boys have appointments for the lightsaber building thing. We're offsite so no FPs for Smugglers run, but I'll keep trying.

Finished taxes. Owe $550, which is much better than I thought. So that's good (ish, i'd rather not owe anything...) but i'll be filing that puppy in April. An extra 2 months of holding onto my money.

I think that's it, i'll go back to lurking now. 8-)
We bought a house and got a new mortgage last month. There were no questions about any cards we had opened recently. We were told not to open any new cards until after closing on the new house.

Two TopCashBack Comments:

1) I redeemed my TCB for a Disney gift card for the first time. They give you a 4% kicker. I know that cashing out and then buying Disney Gift Cards could yield a marginally better return but I liked the simplicity of applying my TCB to my Disney Trip by redeeming this way. I "cashed out" on Friday afternoon and received the code this morning to access my gift card. Just sharing this in case it benefits anybody else. Don't panic if you don't get the gift card right away!

2) I have yet to see my Raise.com purchase track on TCB from last week (Thursday I believe). I know of a couple others also saying this. Did anybody buy on the Raise 10% deal and see it track yet??

2) I have yet to see my Raise.com purchase track on TCB from last week (Thursday I believe). I know of a couple others also saying this. Did anybody buy on the Raise 10% deal and see it track yet??
My Raise purchase (2/13) isn't showing yet. I also had a shoe store purchase that day and it isn't showing either.

I’m not into rose gold at all. But I hate the color gold so that’s probably why
I can take it or leave it, as long as it's done as a whole package tastefully. If it turns out to be a real color change and not just a graphic design trick, and it's really pale and subtle, I could live with it. I'm not sure why we needed just so. much. gold. all over the place, but if it comes out like the concept pic it's not the worst thing they've done to it. The darker blue turrets would balance it out, like @CyndiLouWho mentioned, and I do like that.

1) I redeemed my TCB for a Disney gift card for the first time. They give you a 4% kicker. I know that cashing out and then buying Disney Gift Cards could yield a marginally better return but I liked the simplicity of applying my TCB to my Disney Trip by redeeming this way. I "cashed out" on Friday afternoon and received the code this morning to access my gift card. Just sharing this in case it benefits anybody else. Don't panic if you don't get the gift card right away!

Ill probably never use topcashback again. I have two purchases from 11/1 that have not credited. I messaged them in Jan and they said it was not their problem and its a merchant issue. It was ebags and kohls, both of which paid out immediatly for ebates/rakuten when I did it that way. They said allow 3 months for them to investigate but they can’t do anything if it doesn’t show either. Awesome. Its “only” $40 but still very maddening. (To clarify/ they are sitting as “pending” so they tracked but won’t push through to payable)

I have had that message and was approved after a few days....
You can call this number and follow the prompts to see what it says 1-800-432-3117

:tink: You are get the card
Finally got a chance to call.... "you'll be notified within 30 days."

Well... it's not a denial (although I feel like it is)... serves me right for applying on a holiday weekend I suppose.

Last edited:
So for those of you who have gotten the Chase 30 day message- how do they notify you of approval or denial? Do you get an email or do you have to keep calling back to see or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts