I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New look coming to Cinderella Castle at WDW. Thankfully it will NOT be a giant birthday cake 🤣

https://blogmickey.com/2020/02/brea...w-look-for-cinderella-castle-at-magic-kingdom
I am cautiously optimistic 🤣

It really looks similar to the DL transformation. I love the new sparkly blue enhancement there. I think that will make Cinderella Castle really pop. I also like the gold! The darker gray bottom has me on the fence. Not sure what that will do with the forced perspective. Only time will tell!

A little OT but I know I’ve seen Landry’s mentioned here before so I thought I’d ask about it here. My family would like to eat at T-Rex Café in May (DS8 is a big dinosaur buff!) I was able to get an ADR but for mid-afternoon. I think I’ve read that if you join Landry’s club, you can just show your card and get seated quickly. Is that right? I think joining costs $25, but comes with a $25 welcome gift/credit. Does anyone know how long the welcome gift is good for? I’d want to make sure to not get it too far in advance so it doesn’t expire. Also, has anyone tried using the card for Saltgrass Steakhouse? There’s a new one that just opened here in town, and I’ve eaten there twice already! I was thinking it might come in handy there too, but was curious if anyone had experience with that. TIA! :)
I know you got some replies, but I do not believe the welcome offer expires, and that the birthday offer expires 15 days into the next month. You must use the welcome offer first. I know there was a DP that someone was able to use both at the same time, but that is YMMV and some servers may not do it. I was not allowed to at Y&Y. My backup was running into Rainforest Cafe for some random merchandise, but I ended up going to have some dessert at Bubba Gump in City Walk. Its really great to have when visiting WDW. You get seated BEFORE people with ADRs. Amazing!

Verizon customers--

Is there a workaround to pay with a cc when you are enrolled in a discount program (specifically, one through dh's company) and are on autopay? I'm getting a message that if I change the payment method, I'll lose the discounted price.
You can buy Verizon GC at the Verizon stores.
You should be able to preserve your discount by paying with Verizon GCs bought using a cc. Bonus points for a cc during MSR or with a category bonus for US telecoms. Verizon’s website also sells GCs.
I can confirm I 100% do this. I had been previously paying all of my bill except $1 with a CC to retain my auto-pay discount. Then I got a sad notice that I would lose my discount a few months back. The lost discount would have negated any points earned so I stopped for a bit. Then the VZ Amex offer came out and I could not resist $100 off $500 so I ordered VZ GCs online. It does not code as telecommunications for me, but I use it on my current MSR card. It does not report L3 GC data to Amex. It shows "equipment." I have also been trying numerous cash back portals and none have tracked. If I find one that does, I will share! There is one tiny quirk with the process. You can only apply the GCs if you have a balance due. I order more GCs as soon as I apply my old ones to my current bill.

I am cautiously optimistic 🤣

It really looks similar to the DL transformation. I love the new sparkly blue enhancement there. I think that will make Cinderella Castle really pop. I also like the gold! The darker gray bottom has me on the fence. Not sure what that will do with the forced perspective. Only time will tell!
I think the top part makes the castle look like it’s naked lol. It needs to be covered up with some grey

Hi, We haven't gotten a new card in years. I've been phasing out our Barclays card (most of our life is on autopay) in favor of our Disney card to use the points to pay off our DVC.
That's great and all, but I figure we're spending enough we should get getting a better deal for ourselves.
We have a trip in May to universal, and I know they have some perks for using an AMEX card, so I'm wondering if there's an AMEX card that has particularly good bonuses? If not, I just want some better way to either get cash back or pay for travel. Worst case we could charge Universal to our Delta card and get something else for charging the rest of our life to.

So for those of you who have gotten the Chase 30 day message- how do they notify you of approval or denial? Do you get an email or do you have to keep calling back to see or...?
I kept calling as well, and now that I’m thinking about it I don’t remember being notified. I know a letter and email eventually came, but I think that was after DH received the card 😂

Ill probably never use topcashback again. I have two purchases from 11/1 that have not credited. I messaged them in Jan and they said it was not their problem and its a merchant issue. It was ebags and kohls, both of which paid out immediatly for ebates/rakuten when I did it that way. They said allow 3 months for them to investigate but they can’t do anything if it doesn’t show either. Awesome. Its “only” $40 but still very maddening. (To clarify/ they are sitting as “pending” so they tracked but won’t push through to payable)
I've always gotten them to payout... pain but wait 4 weeks past post date, message, sometimes asked to wait again... message, get money. Annoying but rare enough that I will use them if they are highest. I keep a list on a spreadsheet with the date they should post so I can start messaging if they dont

Finally got a chance to call.... "you'll be notified within 30 days."

Well... it's not a denial (although I feel like it is)... serves me right for applying on a holiday weekend I suppose.
So for those of you who have gotten the Chase 30 day message- how do they notify you of approval or denial? Do you get an email or do you have to keep calling back to see or...?
Nothing about this should feel like a denial! 😃

You went pending. 13 of my last 15 cards went pending I think 🤣

Finally got a chance to call.... "you'll be notified within 30 days."

Well... it's not a denial (although I feel like it is)... serves me right for applying on a holiday weekend I suppose.
I applied for a CIP last weekend and got the 30 day message until Wednesday night, when I was approved. Denial is often instant, so hang in there. Fingers crossed for you.

Ill probably never use topcashback again. I have two purchases from 11/1 that have not credited. I messaged them in Jan and they said it was not their problem and its a merchant issue. It was ebags and kohls, both of which paid out immediatly for ebates/rakuten when I did it that way. They said allow 3 months for them to investigate but they can’t do anything if it doesn’t show either. Awesome. Its “only” $40 but still very maddening. (To clarify/ they are sitting as “pending” so they tracked but won’t push through to payable)

I have some pending transactions also that have been sitting there forever! Dicks Sporting Goods from the end of October and an ebags from Dec 11. But I had a vitamin store purchase from January already switch to payable. It’s annoying to have to wait so long with Rakuten but at least you know when to expect it. TCB is just all over the place on their payouts.

I read that as pop tart 🤣

I did the same thing. :rolleyes1

Sadly that $1k is quite a bit more when coming from the West Coast. I just looked at my upcoming first class trip from SFO to LHR and ONE WAY is $824. I think coming back it's even more. :( Oh well, I love BA first and jump on it when I can find it from SFO, which isn't often.

Re flight transfers, one time many years ago before I became a "registered traveler" to the UK (like Global entry that allowed me to skip the long lines), it once took me every minute of my 3+ hour transfer time to get through immigration and catch my connection to Edinburgh or Dublin (I can't remember where I was going). I literally had to run to the gate and leave my at the time late 60s year old mom to have them hold the plane to give her time to catch up. I'll never forget that. Leave plenty of time at Heathrow!!!

Eek! Didn’t realize how much more it was for you guys on the left coast. Ouch!

Yup, I recall one time before we became registered travelers they were short staffed and there were only two customs agents. It took nearly two hours to get through. I always leave plenty of time when connecting through though. I like hanging out at the Concorde lounge, taking advantage of the spa and booking a cabana. It will be interesting to see how things will be different or if they will post Brexit transition period.

All I can think of is a naked mole rat lol. Maybe I’m thinking way too hard about this

Any pink on the castle that ISN’T a birthday cake is fine in my book.

Eek! Didn’t realize how much more it was for you guys on the left coast. Ouch!

Yup, I recall one time before we became registered travelers they were short staffed and there were only two customs agents. It took nearly two hours to get through. I always leave plenty of time when connecting through though. I like hanging out at the Concorde lounge, taking advantage of the spa and booking a cabana. It will be interesting to see how things will be different or if they will post Brexit transition period.

Any pink on the castle that ISN’T a birthday cake is fine in my book.
I’m gonna have to google this birthday cake castle because I’ve never seen it before

ETA: I just saw it. Wow that’s different! It looks like candyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!