I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That shouldn't be. My boss was stuck in Peru. He gave me is account # and I went to the bank and did a deposit for him.

I tried to do this last year for a family member whose account was hacked while they were at Phantom Ranch (bottom of Grand Canyon), and Bnk of America gave me all kinds of fits about it. Refused to let me deposit to their account because I wasn’t listed on the account.

Where are you located at if you don't mind me asking?
Chicago suburbs
What is the best Peer to Peer app to exchange money between friends (or maybe for business) that is secure, popular, and easy?

With this Stay at Home order, I'm thinking I may need to get into one of theses apps.
I guess some of the choices are PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, others? I have no experience with any of these.
What are the cool kids using these days?
I’ve used PayPal for years and years at this point, from way back in the day when I used to eBay as a side hustle and it gets the job done. I commission a lot of fan art as well and it’s the preferred method of payment among Fandom it seems, since it’s so easy to set up invoices.

I’ve started using Zelle a lot recently though, since I bank with Chase and so do several coworkers. We rotate whoever on our team is in charge of putting together birthday stuff and when the time comes to collect money for cake etc it’s so much easier with Zelle. You can’t go wrong with either but ime PayPal is good to have just because it’s so old and ubiquitous.
I think the cool kids use Venmo. :rotfl2: At least that is what the college age kiddos seem to use. I have used it several times and it is easy. To send money is pretty instantaneous but to transfer money into your bank it can take a few days. I just recently used Zelle to transfer money to my DFIL. I am not sure if it was because it was Chase to Chase but the money was moved from my account to his account instantly. It was a little strange. lol The Zelle app didn't ask about bank info or anything. I just put in his name and email address and off it went. We did set up the Zelle with his bank right before we did it but I was still amazed on how fast it went.
So I’ve read a few articles about how Zelle is not as secure as the other apps out there. BIL is in IT and doesn’t trust it (well he doesn’t trust a number of things, I think he has a tinfoil hat )

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/22/business/zelle-banks-fraud.html

Last edited:
So for clarification, if I sign in as her in the bank app, I will be able to deposit it? I would still have to forge her signature. I'm very uncomfortable doing that. In fact, all your wonderful suggestions (thank you so much) reqire me to sign for her. Will the deposit on the app work without a signature?
If you haven’t gotten the answer yet, yes. Sign in as her, but you do have to sign. Unless she reports you (I’m assuming she’s ok with it) there won’t be a problem. Just today, my mom dropped off a check for me to deposit and forgot to sign it. I signed it and deposited it from my phone.

Maybe it differs by bank? Just reporting what I've experienced at my bank.

ETA- I googled and found an article. Apparantly the biggest banks (BoA, Chase, WF) have policies to not allow cash deposits into an account for unauthorized individuals. They still allow check deposits because they can trace where that money is coming from. This is to help prevent money laundering. At least that's according to the article. I'm sure different banks have different policies. Hopefully this helps!
Could be. But you wouldn't think they would care who deposits money in an account.
See my edit above - cash and money laundering in short.

At our local WF bank I was told it had to do with money laundering.

I tried to do this last year for a family member whose account was hacked while they were at Phantom Ranch (bottom of Grand Canyon), and Bnk of America gave me all kinds of fits about it. Refused to let me deposit to their account because I wasn’t listed on the account.

Personal accounts are where the limitations mostly lie. Business accounts are usually given more leeway as they are more likely to be dealing in large amounts of cash.

Just woke up and am loads of pages behind, as usual.

Got the AP letter (for DL, of course) and now I'm honestly not sure what to do. At the rate things are going, my expiration date will be pushed out to sometime in December (or later) but I'm honestly not sure if that would help... ugggghhh.

I am not looking forward to telling my kids that our late June trip is probably not going to happen... sadly, I have 4 parkhoppers for the rest of them that are only good through January something. Not sure when I can get all of us with the same time off to be able to go again in the latter half of the year.

I have been using PP friends and family for years, but just recently got Venmo since my 15 yo son did some yard work for neighbors and that's what they used and his having it meant they wouldn't need to worry about cash. I got Venmo for myself and for him, although we haven't linked his to his bank account yet since I haven't seen him in a few weeks (which might not be a bad thing, since I don't want him running around indiscriminately draining his "checking" account). It seems to be exactly like PP so I am not sure what the advantage is, other than it's what other people seem to have.

Is it truly not permissible to deposit money into someone else's account any more? I haven't done it in years and years but ... wow!

I am 52% of the way to meeting the MSR on the CIP with about 6 weeks to go. This is very slow for me as I've had no hotel stays (well... I had a big hotel stay at DLH but my card didn't arrive it time) and very little in the way of fuel or even grocery costs). I've been doing my best by ordering things on Amazon left and right, though!

Since we are on the topic of checks, I have a check that's made out to dh and I. Not sure when I will see him again (he's in Toronto and I'm still in Florida). Do I need his signature (as well as mine) on the back to cash it with mobile deposit? We don't have a joint account in the US.

sadly, I have 4 parkhoppers for the rest of them that are only good through January something
You may want to check this. I bought parkhoppers in February from Undercover Tourist, and their website is saying most tickets are now good through 2022. I haven’t followed up with them on this because we are hoping to be able to make it in December, but you may want to look into it.

Since we are on the topic of checks, I have a check that's made out to dh and I. Not sure when I will see him again (he's in Toronto and I'm still in Florida). Do I need his signature (as well as mine) on the back to cash it with mobile deposit? We don't have a joint account in the US.
My DH is fine with me signing his name on the back of checks...it’s not like they compare signatures

Yes, you will need two signatures.

DoC posted a link about a Lego offer on Amazon - 10 off 50 in case anyone is interested.
That’s funny because I was just about to post about legos. We’ve been looking all night and there are hardly any legos available. We looked on legos website but most of them are on backorder. On amazon they’re all being sold by third party sellers for more than they should be

The cringe is part of what makes it great.

I'm having a hard time getting past some of it!

You may want to check this. I bought parkhoppers in February from Undercover Tourist, and their website is saying most tickets are now good through 2022. I haven’t followed up with them on this because we are hoping to be able to make it in December, but you may want to look into it.

Hmmm I will do so; thank you!

I finally caught up here super skimming style. This will be brief.

I’m working 17-18 hours a day trying to get PPP loans processed. Don’t feel bad for me, it’s by choice (well necessity too but I’m all in on my job - it’s just who I am, never been a “9-5er” kind of guy). So when duty calls - I’m there. It’s been that way since Monday - just headed to bed now.

Also - can we please not have a mod visit this thread again? Just don’t respond and don’t engage in those discussions. I guarantee that half of you hate where I stand and half of you love it but that doesn’t matter because we have common bonds that bring us together!!! Let’s just talk video games, puzzles and credit cards PLEASE! 😊

Also, my wife got approved for a card someday last week. Maybe Monday or Tuesday. Can’t even recall haha - it all blends together. So that’s cool!!

Also, thanks for what you are doing! I am not happy with Wells Fargo right now. Opened a bank account at another bank today and hopefully we can put our names on the list tomorrow. Not sure we will make it to the application stage since it is a regional bank and they got 11K apps over the weekend. Definitely wishing I had taken Chase up on their offer in January/February to open an account. I think it was for $500 or $600.

That’s funny because I was just about to post about legos. We’ve been looking all night and there are hardly any legos available. We looked on legos website but most of them are on backorder. On amazon they’re all being sold by third party sellers for more than they should be

Have you checked Target? They always have a ton in store.

Also, thanks for what you are doing! I am not happy with Wells Fargo right now. Opened a bank account at another bank today and hopefully we can put our names on the list tomorrow. Not sure we will make it to the application stage since it is a regional bank and they got 11K apps over the weekend. Definitely wishing I had taken Chase up on their offer in January/February to open an account. I think it was for $500 or $600.
I heard Wells Fargo hit their regulatory cap and can’t process any more PPP loans due to their prior nefarious activities! 😳

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts