I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that mean? I thought Disney relied on a large portion if CP kids. So they won’t have anyone back until winter?
I think part of the reason that they are not having the students back right away is because of the housing. Most of the DCP kids live in close quarters. At least when they open again with their regular staff they won’t have to think about that. JMHO.

Oh my gosh it has been.a.day. Kids are “back in school” (online...3 of them on our awful internet.) I swear every sentence from my 8yo started with “Mom, look at” to the point that I told him to go outside and not come back in for an hour. The baby is teething and screams if she’s not being held (and she’s getting immunizations tomorrow on top of her crabbiness.) Our main grocery store is limited shoppers like others have posted about it Costco doing, so “please place online pickup orders.” But the site keeps crashing for me. Took my 2 hours to fill my cart because it takes 30 seconds for each item to get added and another 30 seconds to edit the quantity. Plus 30 seconds every time I search for a new item. And the pickup schedule doesn’t go very far out. All I needed to do was confirm the order THREE TIMES tonight and it would have been taken care of, but the page crashes when I get to that point. I guess DH will be doing the shopping when he gets his stitches out on Wednesday and I will have wasted 4 hours trying to “stay home.”

my CIP arrived today. Applied last Saturday. Was approved on Monday morning. Card arrived today, so it took a week to get here.

What does that mean? I thought Disney relied on a large portion if CP kids. So they won’t have anyone back until winter?
It is only the Fall Advantage that has been cancelled (as of now). These are the kids who were to arrive by early June. The current Fall program is still on and those kids don’t have arrival dates til beginning of aug.

The CPs make up a very big part of wdw’s workforce but since the parks will most likely not open fully for a bit, they won’t need as many CM’s. FT staff have priority followed by those with seniority, including PT. So CPs are near the bottom of the list to bring back.

That’s funny because I was just about to post about legos. We’ve been looking all night and there are hardly any legos available. We looked on legos website but most of them are on backorder. On amazon they’re all being sold by third party sellers for more than they should be

At our house the mega blocks were the thing. We had three 15 gallon totes stacked in the living room. This was the very favorite toy for years here. I would say we spent hundreds of hours building with DGD.

Fun fact - DD and her friend were dining out in Norway last month, and the waitress was friendly and asked them where they were from, etc. It turns out that she spent a year at Epcot in the Norway pavilion as one of those cultural representatives. Small world after all...

I had to read that twice to realize you meant they were eating in actual Norway not the pavilion in Epcot :) I think I need to go to bed early tonight :surfweb:

Well poop. I tried to do a Shipt delivery through target. I got on right at 12 am and it said no delivery times for April 9. It was April 8 at 11:59. I’m wondering if something is going on behind the scenes because there’s no way all of the times for the day were instantly gone

Any chance DD will be able to get back in?
I don't think so. They'd need to open in early May, I'm thinking, for it to make sense to bring any CP's back. She did have the very last checkout date so she'd be in the group that would get called back if that were to happen but I don't think we will see WDW open until it's too late for her.

Her plan, as of now, is to apply for the Spring 2021 season. Unfortunately, I think it's going to be one of the most competitive seasons the dcp has ever seen because they have all the Spring/Spring Advantage kids who had their program cancelled and now, the Fall Advantage kids who got cancelled and we may end up seeing the Fall kids cancelled as well. I'd love to see Disney give priority to kids who were already accepted and either didn't get to complete or didn't get to go at all, but who knows. They cancelled the spring kids and yet continued to accept new kids for the fall program and I felt they should have offered those roles to the spring kids first.

I don't think so. They'd need to open in early May, I'm thinking, for it to make sense to bring any CP's back. She did have the very last checkout date so she'd be in the group that would get called back if that were to happen but I don't think we will see WDW open until it's too late for her.

Her plan, as of now, is to apply for the Spring 2021 season. Unfortunately, I think it's going to be one of the most competitive seasons the dcp has ever seen because they have all the Spring/Spring Advantage kids who had their program cancelled and now, the Fall Advantage kids who got cancelled and we may end up seeing the Fall kids cancelled as well. I'd love to see Disney give priority to kids who were already accepted and either didn't get to complete or didn't get to go at all, but who knows. They cancelled the spring kids and yet continued to accept new kids for the fall program and I felt they should have offered those roles to the spring kids first.

my heart breaks for her, that’s such a disappointment. :( it does surprise me that they didn’t offer those roles to the kids whose programs were cancelled... hopefully they make that right.

my heart breaks for her, that’s such a disappointment. :( it does surprise me that they didn’t offer those roles to the kids whose programs were cancelled... hopefully they make that right.
I had to bite my tongue today with the news of the Fall Advantage cancellation. Some of the kids were saying they were mad at Disney for not giving them automatic acceptance into the Spring 2021 program and I wanted to go off telling them how my dd paid the program fee and unlike the kids cancelled today, she did not get hers refunded. She had to move a bunch of things down there (which cost money...) and she gave up a semester of school that now turns out to be a complete waste...all for the 43 days she had down there. If anyone deserves to be automatically placed into the next available program, it's kids like her. But I bit my tongue and moved on. This program is such a dream for so many of these kids and I get that they are all feeling the loss, no matter how their program is playing out.

I had to bite my tongue today with the news of the Fall Advantage cancellation. Some of the kids were saying they were mad at Disney for not giving them automatic acceptance into the Spring 2021 program and I wanted to go off telling them how my dd paid the program fee and unlike the kids cancelled today, she did not get hers refunded. She had to move a bunch of things down there (which cost money...) and she gave up a semester of school that now turns out to be a complete waste...all for the 43 days she had down there. If anyone deserves to be automatically placed into the next available program, it's kids like her. But I bit my tongue and moved on. This program is such a dream for so many of these kids and I get that they are all feeling the loss, no matter how their program is playing out.
I agree totally. I think they should have offered all of the CMs that were sent home the chance to come back before scheduling new ones. You are so right, it is costly to move back and forth and all of the other expense that go into it. My heart goes out to your DD and all of the DCP kids from this semester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!