I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to find the details for the Chase Groupon offer where you get 10% back in Groupon bucks if you use your enrolled card. When I log in, it's telling me that I'm enrolled, but I don't know which card is enrolled. Has anyone used this and is there anyway to find out which card is enrolled?

I added it to my gold and just used it at Bruster’s (ice cream). I wish they had a better way to identity small businesses. The map is kind of a pain.

My company treated us to air pods Since we are on calls or go-to-meeting all day so I went and picked them up at Costco today. I can’t imagine spending $140 on them but they are nice. Also grabbed a $200 visa gift card at Staples. Tried to grab three since they had no sign but I was told only one.

Ds went swimming with his phone in his pocket on vacation. Thankful I paid for Apple care plus. New phone coming this week.
for the small business offer, does it have to be on the amex map to qualify?

I think if you can't find it on the map/having the small business circle it won't qualify but I'm not sure. A lot of places that use Square (including my favorite custard place) don't qualify.

I think if you can't find it on the map/having the small business circle it won't qualify but I'm not sure. A lot of places that use Square (including my favorite custard place) don't qualify.
aha thanks...

can anyone direct me to that wonderful post (I don't remember by whom) about always rotating your CSR CSP and Freedom card?

Amazon - ughhh!

Trying to place an order for vacuum cleaner bags. I keep a bunch of little items that I might reorder in my cart so that I can meet the $25 shipping minimums.

Anyway, it keeps changing my choices and I have to go back and correct to make sure I don't pay shipping or use the wrong credit card choice. I meant to buy an Amazon gift card before one of my offers ended. I didn't - that's on me.

But they make it so easy to make a mistake, pay shipping, use the wrong card, etc.

Anyway, I got through the ordeal. I can't find 2 packages of bags that I know I've already purchased so I ordered a small pack of 6 - that won't get here for almost 2 weeks, plus a new meat thermometer that I actually need - I melted the plastic one.

Tried to fake out my vacuum by using a different bag but it has an inside switch so it will only work with the proper bag. I'll have to lug down the upstairs vacuum meanwhile and use it.

I just had the exact opposite result. The candy place credited. Not on the map. The restaurant has not yet - on the map. Not square as far as I can tell. I'll call if it doesn't credit by the end of the week.

I just had the exact opposite result. The candy place credited. Not on the map. The restaurant has not yet - on the map. Not square as far as I can tell. I'll call if it doesn't credit by the end of the week.
Weird. This is what the Amex site says: Only qualifying American Express Card accepting merchants will be featured on American Express Maps. Please note that business location and other information provided on the Map may contain inaccuracies or errors, including as a result of information provided by third parties. The data on this map is constantly being updated, please continually check back for updates. For more information, please read our FAQs.

Also, there are filters on the map for recent activity which makes it more complicated. In general I think the map is a major pain and there has to be a better way to identify what they count as a small business.

There were a few small businesses I looked for on the map that didn’t show up, but when I searched specifically for that business by name, it showed up on the search.

How long does Landry's Select take to activate? I signed up last week and hoping I'll have something, app or card, by Friday. I'm fine with the app if I don't get the card in time, correct?

Yep, you're fine with the app if you don't get the card in time. 8-)
I live in Houston (Where the majority of all of the Landry's restaurants are) and have the card. I usually show it to the wait staff when they greet us and they take it for a few minutes and see what points are available for me to use and then bring it back. But the app works just the same (if not better because it keeps track of your points and you can see all of your transactions) and you'll just need to give them your LSC number.

It doesn't have to be on the map, there's plenty pf dps on reddit both on amex and \churning of places not on the map working and of them stacking with other offers. I think someone even had their rite aid work but they noted not all would work but I can't remember why or which sub reddit I saw it on.

There were a few small businesses I looked for on the map that didn’t show up, but when I searched specifically for that business by name, it showed up on the search.
So I tried the search and it would find things 100 miles away with the same name but not the thing I'd just seen on the map. It's like Disney IT built the database:)

That’s my experience too. I was disappointed that Great Harvest Bread wasn’t showing up on the map so I searched and found it that way. Made my purchase on Saturday and the $5 credit showed up today. Didn’t get an email telling me that I’d used my offer so I wasn’t sure if it would credit.

During act 2 my new obsession is figuring out which Hamilton actors had roles in SVU!! Now this is fun 🤣 🤣

(Where are my fellow SVU fans at?? Everybody who’s anybody has a tie to SVU, am I right??)

Oh I knew it was the preacher from that run of episodes of SVU. Only thing I was surprised about was how long ago they were.

That’s my experience too. I was disappointed that Great Harvest Bread wasn’t showing up on the map so I searched and found it that way. Made my purchase on Saturday and the $5 credit showed up today. Didn’t get an email telling me that I’d used my offer so I wasn’t sure if it would credit.

I've decided to put it to rest. I figure there are enough little places that I can shop at by September to get my $5 eight more times. Need some light bulbs for my kitchen overhead fans and they have my hardware store. I'm always getting $10 worth of something in there, plus two nearby liquor stores - I'll drop in there for my daughters Coke Zero.

So I have a reservation at the Orlando Waldorf Astoria for the first Friday in October at the end of my WDW trip. I just received an email confirmation from Bonnet Creek for that night. I know some people were having their reservations at other Hilton properties automatically moved to Bonnet Creek for this month... but we're talking October now. Is the Waldorf Astoria not opening/planning to Open by October at this point?

I'm sure the question is moot for me the way things are going in Florida anyway but it just seems odd. There wasn't any message attached to the email - just a new confirmation and adjusted point requirement (irrelevant since it's a free night cert anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter