I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got our updated reports on Experian for the month... My wife's report looks SOOO clean :) :) As some of you may recall, I went on a clean-up effort in recent months (partially to avoid shutdown and partially because things were just out of control). I removed numerous AUs from older Chase Cards (from before 5/24 was a concern), cancelled unnecessary cards, and reduced CLs.

Her report now shows ONLY 8 CCs (1 AU on my ancient Discover Card and the other 7 are her open/active accounts). And her combined credit limits (across all issuers) are finally under 1x our annual household income. My report doesn't look as clean yet but I'll get it there :D

Add to that we are now down to just 7 active bank accounts (vs. 23 a couple months ago) and things are a little easier to manage now, haha!
1% is the goal?

Almost done on the spend for my CIP, and would like to refer my husband...last Chase or any credit card opened in his name was 3/24...a Disney visa....do you think it’s ok to apply for the CIP now ?

An FYI for folks with CapOne360 accounts, keep an eye out for the email I just received:

"check out your new transaction limits"

Security is a top priority at Capital One®. So as of August 1, 2018, we’re changing the limits for ACH external transfers to better protect your accounts.

Automated Clearing House (ACH) External Transfer Limits: Your 360 accounts will now be subject to limits on the amount of electronic transfers between your account and external accounts at other financial institutions. These limits are designed to be flexible in order to protect the security and integrity of the service and accounts, as well as you and all other users of the service. Based on confidential fraud and essential risk criteria, they may be modified at our discretion without advance notice.
What transactions will this impact? ACH external transfers are electronic deposit and withdrawal transfers made between your Capital One accounts and your linked external accounts.
What happens if I need to exceed the limit? At Capital One, ACH transfers are just one way to move money. So if you have a transaction that exceeds your limit, we’ll try to help you find an alternative that meets your needs.
Debit Card Transaction Limits: Withdrawals made from an ATM using your 360 Checking® debit card are limited to $1,000.00 per day, as they always were. Total 360 Checking® debit card transactions will now be limited to a combined total of $5,000.00 per day. This includes ATM withdrawals, cash advances, and signature and PIN-based purchases.
What if I need to make a larger purchase? Coming soon online, you’ll be able to temporarily change your spending limit to allow for bigger purchases.

So in true click bait fashion, they don't actually tell you what the limits are. It's reminding me of AmEx where one day I may need to make a transfer and poof, nope you've exceeded you arbitrary limit we've decided to impose that you're not allowed to know about so I can keep your money hostage. (insert evil laugh here)

But I'm also trying to understand what this is going to do, because they say they'll find a way to let you move the money still... I'm pretty sure I had a way it was you that blocked it, so how is this meeting my needs? So what does stopping the external transfer do for me in the name of protecting my account if it was a legit request from me?

For people using CapOne for bank bonuses this may become a show stopper depending on how it's actually implemented. If the rules turn out to be something like you can only do one in a rolling 3 day period or something, probably workable. If something else may need backup.

Wow! Slick! At least the merchandise 20% is fairly intact.

Editing: I just checked and the DVC discounts are a bit better on some of the restaurants: Via Napoli is 15%, then you have 20% off at a number of Epcot restaurants and at Paddlefish in DS. Spice Road Table is 20% and I like that. All the Swan/Dolphin have always been 20% off for DVC....
I sure love the merchandise discount, but that's probably a bad think :P Nice that DVC is higher on a few places. Have you seen the All Ears discount comparison? It's usually pretty up to date, it's my go to for checking discounts.

http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf

Calling our SW flyers who have used URs for flights.....I have a friend who has the CSP and is wanting to book SW flights for her WDW trip in November. I know this can vary based on dates, but I'm trying to recall if it's a better deal to use her UR to book the flights thru Chase or transfer UR to SW and book that way. I know there has been discussion on this here. I just don't recall what the outcome was, as I've always just used our RR points. She does not have any SW cards and I'm not even going to try to explain any of SW or CP stuff to her, so I'll stick to using her UR to book the flights.

Just got our updated reports on Experian for the month... My wife's report looks SOOO clean :) :) As some of you may recall, I went on a clean-up effort in recent months (partially to avoid shutdown and partially because things were just out of control). I removed numerous AUs from older Chase Cards (from before 5/24 was a concern), cancelled unnecessary cards, and reduced CLs.

Her report now shows ONLY 8 CCs (1 AU on my ancient Discover Card and the other 7 are her open/active accounts). And her combined credit limits (across all issuers) are finally under 1x our annual household income. My report doesn't look as clean yet but I'll get it there :D

Add to that we are now down to just 7 active bank accounts (vs. 23 a couple months ago) and things are a little easier to manage now, haha!

OMG, 23 bank accounts? even being a duchess of spreadsheets and calendar reminders I couldn't keep all that going. That has to be nice to have consolidated all the little bits and bobs of cash floating out there now. I always like seeing a higher balance in a few accounts rather than little balances spread out.

I sure love the merchandise discount, but that's probably a bad think :P Nice that DVC is higher on a few places. Have you seen the All Ears discount comparison? It's usually pretty up to date, it's my go to for checking discounts.

Thanks for posting this...very helpful..I usually just show all cards and ask what the best discount is...lol

Calling our SW flyers who have used URs for flights.....I have a friend who has the CSP and is wanting to book SW flights for her WDW trip in November. I know this can vary based on dates, but I'm trying to recall if it's a better deal to use her UR to book the flights thru Chase or transfer UR to SW and book that way. I know there has been discussion on this here. I just don't recall what the outcome was, as I've always just used our RR points. She does not have any SW cards and I'm not even going to try to explain any of SW or CP stuff to her, so I'll stick to using her UR to book the flights.
It's a little bit better to book through Chase and you can cover the $5.60 in fees with points, but it's not quite as flexible if you change - you'll get the fare credit instead of points back.

I'll probably transfer them to RR personally just because I like to see if I can get some points back if they drop. Plus I like the flexibility of booking something before I'm 100% and not worrying about getting a fare credit I would have to use up, if I need to cancel.

Thanks for posting this...very helpful..I usually just show all cards and ask what the best discount is...lol
I like it! I used this when I was doing the math to see if we should get TIW... then when I got my TIW booklet, I wrote in anything that had an AP discount but not a TIW discount.

Was planning to help my dd18 open with her grad money but hadn’t gotten to it yet. Hopefully another easy one like memory comes along soon.
I was going to get my DD one to help her out too, and use is to fund part of the MSR on my husbands next card :-(.
I just got my bonus on Saturday. Can you still open it and fund with AMEX with no bonus? Still might be helpful then.

Just used Speedpass at Exxon for the first time! I have to say, I'm impressed. Opened the app when I pulled in and it asked my to select my pump number and then immediately said "authorizing your pump" and turned the pump on. Very simple. I paid $2.45/gallon through the app, which charged my Hilton Amex $39. So I'll get another $3.90 back from the Amex offer :)

I like it! I used this when I was doing the math to see if we should get TIW... then when I got my TIW booklet, I wrote in anything that had an AP discount but not a TIW discount.

I downloaded the mouseperks+ app to use when I go in Nov. It has all the discounts and it's divided by theme park, resorts etc. Also has DLR and the non park DVC resorts. Seems pretty handy and up to date.

Just used Speedpass at Exxon for the first time! I have to say, I'm impressed. Opened the app when I pulled in and it asked my to select my pump number and then immediately said "authorizing your pump" and turned the pump on. Very simple. I paid $2.45/gallon through the app, which charged my Hilton Amex $39. So I'll get another $3.90 back from the Amex offer :)
I used it yesterday...very easy to use...I think there is a code you can scan at the pump if it doesn't know where you are.

There's enough info there to make up my mind not to get the TIW. Between AP and DVC, the savings difference would only be 10% at most of the places we go to, so we would not save the $150. We are 3 adults and 2 babies for the November trip and after that, I go in January by myself. I'm offsite for 4 nights, then I go to Tampa and then back to Disney for 3 more nights...no bigger meals at Disney on that trip.

Daughter's family probably won't go again in 2019, as she has already planned Italy, a cruise and who knows what else. When we come back in November, she leaves for Spain two weeks later. She also has a family reunion to go to at Whistler in BC. One of her uncles likes the Pan Pacific Resort there and she's gone before and loved it.

I get the allears newsletters in my email since they started. Deb Wills has been around quite awhile and her info has always been top notch. I still haven't won an allears mug yet - I look every time I get the Ears the Deal email.

Almost done on the spend for my CIP, and would like to refer my husband...last Chase or any credit card opened in his name was 3/24...a Disney visa....do you think it’s ok to apply for the CIP now ?

He is under 5/24? How many Chase cards in the last 6 months? If it was just that one or a few he should be good to go.

I have seen the DP of DVC dues counting as Travel on the CSR. Does this hold true for an annual pass purchase through the DVC member site? Thanks!

He is under 5/24? How many Chase cards in the last 6 months? If it was just that one or a few he should be good to go.
Yes he’s under 5/24 and only one of any credit card ...The Chase Disney opened in his name ever...lol...I’ve always added him as an authorized user on mine...before I found this thread...now I know better....
We leave for a vacation Saturday...now realizing even if he was approved instantly the card probably wouldn’t arrive in time, so will probably just hold off until we return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter