I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember some here saying they prefer Sam's over Costco... does anyone do the Sam's Plus membership, with the $10 back on every $500 and free shipping and find it worth it?

I went with MIL this weekend to get our cards and we walked around and price checked, there's quite a few things that are a little cheaper than Costco and a few that are a good amount cheaper. But Sam's is 30mins away and Costco is 5mins. I'm tempted by the shipping, it seems like quite a bit ships to your house.

I just upgraded to it about a month ago. We are executive at Costco too, so I never felt the need, but I have been doing more sams than Costco for the last 6 months. The free shipping is great. I didn't even know about the $10 back after $500. Guess I should read to see how that works. I have ordered online at least once a week since I upgraded. Paper towels, kid snacks for camp, tin foil...

That’s happening to me too. I just did random dates in December it was showing hotels as available and then when I clicked it said none available.

thank you

Is there availability on Expedia? If so the prob is with Chase & calling might get around it @disneymagicgirl

yes, Expedia shows the rooms. So I guess it is a chase/disney issue. Weird b/c any other hotel brand works fine, just not Disney resorts.

Our beautiful pool in Punta Cana is closed for 12 hours thanks to someone releasing an upset stomach in it so I am taking a few minutes to browse online. Does anyone remember how long it to take the SPG bonus to post? DH met the spend on 6/15 so I thinking they should show up soon. And researching whether we should put funds in a 529 since you can now use it to pay for private school tuition or just stockpile in the regular account so it is easier to get to.

I just upgraded to it about a month ago. We are executive at Costco too, so I never felt the need, but I have been doing more sams than Costco for the last 6 months. The free shipping is great. I didn't even know about the $10 back after $500. Guess I should read to see how that works. I have ordered online at least once a week since I upgraded. Paper towels, kid snacks for camp, tin foil...
I am really loving ordering things while I'm at work and then having them show up at my house :P especially when they're the same or a better price! I don't know much about the $10 back, I just have seen it online/in store last weekend. Sam's would only be convenient on the way home from work... Plus I'd be sharing it with MIL, who will ship dog treats if nothing else :)

Our beautiful pool in Punta Cana is closed for 12 hours thanks to someone releasing an upset stomach in it so I am taking a few minutes to browse online. Does anyone remember how long it to take the SPG bonus to post? DH met the spend on 6/15 so I thinking they should show up soon. And researching whether we should put funds in a 529 since you can now use it to pay for private school tuition or just stockpile in the regular account so it is easier to get to.
Should post any day now!

I am really loving ordering things while I'm at work and then having them show up at my house :P especially when they're the same or a better price! I don't know much about the $10 back, I just have seen it online/in store last weekend. Sam's would only be convenient on the way home from work... Plus I'd be sharing it with MIL, who will ship dog treats if nothing else :)

I get a ton of gas there. We have been members for years, I just didn't upgrade because we had the Costco membership too. I definitely prefer sams and the free 2 day shipping made it a no-brainer!

Calling our SW flyers who have used URs for flights.....I have a friend who has the CSP and is wanting to book SW flights for her WDW trip in November. I know this can vary based on dates, but I'm trying to recall if it's a better deal to use her UR to book the flights thru Chase or transfer UR to SW and book that way. I know there has been discussion on this here. I just don't recall what the outcome was, as I've always just used our RR points. She does not have any SW cards and I'm not even going to try to explain any of SW or CP stuff to her, so I'll stick to using her UR to book the flights.

UR can be less points. But as others have said using RR is more flexible. I book with RR for this reason. I also have more than enough points in my RR account so I prefer to use them when I have them and save my UR for other travel.
If I did not have points in my RR account I might book through the UR portal instead ONLY if I was sure I could use any potential future credit should airfare drop or if I needed to cancel.

@gottalovepluto I just posted a comment on DISChurners regarding your walkthrough on buying WDW tickets with UR. I wanted to report that you can also buy DL tickets in the same way. I haven't purchased them yet, but I got a quote of 23,667 UR for a 4 day Park Hopper which is $355 cash. They wanted to process the sale through Funjet, but I balked and she said she could also do it directly through Disney. She didn't sound very pleased that I wasn't purchasing anything today. I think I might call Melissa when it's time to buy.

Plastiq is asking for an invoice for my mortgage payment on my cip. The payee cashier fooled them once but the second month is prompting verification. Any ideas?

you can try sending them snippets of your payments and see how they react. There was a DP where someone did that and it passed.

Just stop by at home, heading back to Disneyland. :\ probably the only one that would say :\ . lol

I can’t answer your question but can’t believe someone would be that uncouth. “Releasing their upset stomach in a pool”? Eww. Was it a child that did it?

Calling our SW flyers who have used URs for flights.....I have a friend who has the CSP and is wanting to book SW flights for her WDW trip in November. I know this can vary based on dates, but I'm trying to recall if it's a better deal to use her UR to book the flights thru Chase or transfer UR to SW and book that way. I know there has been discussion on this here. I just don't recall what the outcome was, as I've always just used our RR points. She does not have any SW cards and I'm not even going to try to explain any of SW or CP stuff to her, so I'll stick to using her UR to book the flights.

I like to transfer to RR and book through SW. This gives me flexibility to change/cancel flights and get my points back and not get stuck with a travel credit voucher that has an expiration date and name attached to it.

I can’t answer your question but can’t believe someone would be that uncouth. “Releasing their upset stomach in a pool”? Eww. Was it a child that did it?
No idea. Luckily, I was taking a sun break and reading my book in the shade of umbrella so I hadn’t been in the pool at that time. Bad for the pool wait staff too since everyone left so they had a loss in tips. It’s all-inclusive but we still tip a $1 or so for our drinks.

My last charge needed on SPG posted on a Saturday, the bonus showed on AmEx on Sunday, by Tuesday I saw it in my SPG account. Tuesday just happened to be the day I logged in to check something else and I was shocked to find all the points there. So should be seeing it soon. Sorry yer stuck inside though!

I just PC'd my CSP to a Freedom just a bit ago. While on the phone she activated next quarter's bonus categories and I thought she said she was also activating this quarter which isn't quite over yet. Where can I see this quarter? I can see next quarter as activated. Maybe I'm just too late? I'll just use the card at the grocery store anyway instead of the CSR, but if I'm sure it's working for bonus I might more inclined to Paypal/Chase Pay a little as well. We'll have no problem hitting the MSR on dh's new CSR, we're 1/4 of the way there already. Darn house needs a lot more before moving in than we thought unfortunately.

ETA: Nevermind, found it. Says I missed activating this quarter so I guess I'm stuck with next quarter. I was hoping to to at least get a few bonus pts this week. Gas and Walgreens, hmm.

@disneymagicgirl

II. Earning Cash Rewards
  • Sam's Club Plus Members earn $10 in Cash Rewards for every $500 in qualifying pre-tax purchases during a membership year with a maximum reward of $500 per 12-month period. Cash Rewards are loaded onto the Sam's Club Plus Member account about two months before the end of the membership year (award date).
  • Returns for refund of qualified purchases are deducted from accrual of Cash Rewards.
  • Only qualifying purchases made by the Primary Member, Complimentary Household Cardholder, or Company Cardholder in a Sam's Club facility located in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) or on SamsClub.com or SamsClub.com-hosted websites qualify for Cash Rewards. Sam's Club Add-On Members do not qualify to earn Cash Rewards for themselves or for their Primary Member.
  • Sam's Club reserves the right to correct any errors it discovers resulting in changes to the Cash Rewards Program or to a Member's Cash Rewards.
  • At the time Cash Rewards are awarded, the Member must be an active Sam's Club Plus Member.
III. Cash Reward Exclusions
Cash Rewards are not earned for purchases of the following:

• Alcoholic Beverages
  • Tobacco
  • eCigarettes
  • Fuel
  • Milk
  • Merchandise or services sold or provided on websites not hosted by Sam's Club - even if accessed originally through SamsClub.com.
  • Auctions
  • Gift Cards, including third party Gift Cards
  • Inventory, sales, or services belonging to or offered by third parties (including but not limited to auto buying program, insurance, legal services, merchant credit card payment processing services, etc.)
  • Lottery tickets
  • Membership
  • Service contracts (example - mobile phone contracts)
  • Pharmacy - prescriptions
  • Photo Center
  • Postage stamps
  • Services and Labor (examples - delivery, tire installation, etc.)
  • Taxes and fees (including sales tax, deposits, miscellaneous fees etc.)
  • Service Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter