I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing the waiting game now. I tested fate and applied for the Barclays Aviator. I already have two accounts with them and getting 3 or more is hard. I do use my Barclays cards regularly which supposedly helps... but my app went to pending. So we'll see. I need those sweet American miles! I was originally going to app for DH for this instead... but he canceled the card last summer... and Barclays has the 24 month systemwide rule about same accounts/can't get bonus.

Sigh.

I am a little worried about this. I think I would like to get him DH an Arrival Plus sometime in the future but now he has two open Barclay accounts, so thinking it is time to cancel the older one.

I want to try my own application next but I very much doubt that I will be approved.

I am finally a grown up with a charge card! Instant approval today for the Amex Business Gold. Excited to figure out MR’s finally. :)

I know this is not a popular thought but I am a little worried that the take over of the UR portal by Expedia might be bad news on the UR front. I figured it is probably a good time to focus on diversifying a little more and not just focus on skymiles and UR’s.

Congrats on the approval!

I am a little nervous with the new UR format as well. I mean, part of me thinks it can't be worse because the site is soooo glitchy for me all the time. But the other part worries that we are going to see some negative changes as a result. Time will tell, I guess.

This sounds like a good one. I'm going to check it out. Thanks!
It’s going to be a total pain to grab the bonus with 3 months in a row fulfilling all the reqs tbh but I can use the bonus money and URs. Fwiw suspicion is you’ll need to use a legit DD on this one because the bonus won’t post until the requirement period is done.

Last edited:
Super random question...

Would Universal Studios gift shop purchases be something that I could use the Barclay Arrival Travel Credit on? I know that some Disney purchases code as Amusement Park but how about Universal? I have about $50 in travel rewards that I am trying to use but not sure the best way to go about it.

I am finally a grown up with a charge card! Instant approval today for the Amex Business Gold. Excited to figure out MR’s finally. :)

I know this is not a popular thought but I am a little worried that the take over of the UR portal by Expedia might be bad news on the UR front. I figured it is probably a good time to focus on diversifying a little more and not just focus on skymiles and UR’s.

Trying to find a suitably sophisticated dance party for a grown up card, is it maybe a BYOB paint the night? :artist: :drinking1 :artist: :drinking1 :artist:

Perhaps a Silent Disco concept? :music::music::music:

Nah, all the cool people just dance :cool2: :cool1: party: :cool1: :cool2:

Congrats!

I am a little worried about this. I think I would like to get him DH an Arrival Plus sometime in the future but now he has two open Barclay accounts, so thinking it is time to cancel the older one.

I want to try my own application next but I very much doubt that I will be approved.

I just went ahead and applied for DH anyway. It went to pending too.
I'm going to call tomorrow and do battle for myself. DH will not do this so I'll just have to wait on that one unless I can convince him.

Super random question...

Would Universal Studios gift shop purchases be something that I could use the Barclay Arrival Travel Credit on? I know that some Disney purchases code as Amusement Park but how about Universal? I have about $50 in travel rewards that I am trying to use but not sure the best way to go about it.
While I dont know for sure, I wouldn't think so... are you staying on site?

@DisneyMandC Thanks for the data point.

@afan Like the strategy to move up but there aren't 2 seats together in the rows closer to the front of the plane. So I thought moving one row back was the best option. I get wanting to be closer but if it was me and I could get an aisle in row 21 that already had the middle and window full or an aisle in row 22 with no one in the row I'd pick that. Maybe the plane will fill up but we're only a week out. I won't keep moving back but I'll probably move one back.

While I dont know for sure, I wouldn't think so... are you staying on site?

We are staying on site. When I look at the list of qualifying purchases, it doesn’t look like it will work.

We are staying at Cabana Bay and will probably eat and bowl. Are you able to charge to the room like Disney?

@DisneyMandC Thanks for the data point.

@afan Like the strategy to move up but there aren't 2 seats together in the rows closer to the front of the plane. So I thought moving one row back was the best option. I get wanting to be closer but if it was me and I could get an aisle in row 21 that already had the middle and window full or an aisle in row 22 with no one in the row I'd pick that. Maybe the plane will fill up but we're only a week out. I won't keep moving back but I'll probably move one back.

I understand what you mean but it depends. If I'm connecting I want that extra row because you never know how slow someone will be and if I'm that person on the aisle I can get up quickly and potentially slid past some :snail: people. I'm stuck back in row 30 on my flight to ATL where I have a 37 min or so connection, so a row could be valuable. I'm hoping people upgrade etc so I can move up but it's a red eye so I need a window. Not paying 135 to upgrade to more comfort for a 4.5 hour flight, worst case I'll run through the airport and call it my last training run for the wine & dine half :yay: We'll pretend he's running :)

People that have no urgency when getting off a plane are one of my biggest travel pet peeves. I don't care if I'm connecting, I need to use the restroom or I just want to get off the stale air on the tin can, people need to be more speedy about it. I'm also this way regardless of the length of flight :rolleyes1

It’s going to be a total pain to grab the bonus with 3 months in a row fulfilling all the reqs tbh but I can use the bonus money and URs. Fwiw suspicion is you’ll need to use a legit DD on this one because the bonus won’t post until the requirement period is done.
Thanks for the heads up. There’s no way I’m doing legit DD for this since it’s such a pain to change it at work. I’ll try transfers and if they don’t work, no big deal since I can use the URs too!

We are staying on site. When I look at the list of qualifying purchases, it doesn’t look like it will work.

We are staying at Cabana Bay and will probably eat and bowl. Are you able to charge to the room like Disney?
I'm not sure but I plan to try on our trip. I think I've heard you can. Well be there Sept 14th to 16th, so I can update depending on when yours is

@MikeRes Here's a screenshot of mine:

View attachment 344539

Fees paid is basically how many AFs I've paid if we've decided to keep it open. The value column links to another tab in my spreadsheet where I track redemption values. The cards in italics are planned.

Then I also have a tab where I have a slightly longer-term plan:

View attachment 344540

Then there are many more tabs for AMEX offers, tracking referrals, etc.
thanks for sharing...I need to get myself in gear and create one!

Absolutely! You can even text them to add more credit availability to your room key. (I know since I might have had to utilize this feature ). And they’ll deliver your packages to your resort so you don’t have to carry them around.

I am planning to apply for the Barclays Jet Blue card. Trying to get points to fly Jet Blue to Seattle next year. Is there any advantage to applying for the Business Card over the Plus? I tried to compare but they look the same to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!