I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I went for the Chase Ink business preferred card and got the 30 day message. :guilty: Does this mean I need to call?

ETA: we do have a legit poultry farming business, so it shouldve checked out as far as that goes.

I applied for the CIP and got the 30-day message. My business is more 'informal' so I did not want to call and just decided to wait it out. About a week later, I got an email that I had been approved.

My aunt who has a more 'formal' business also got the 30-day message and then a denial. She called recon and they grilled her but still did not approve her due to 'not enough revenue' or something like that.

Good luck with yours!

Have him call ASAP. He can still get approved today and apply for the second. I've seen tons of DPs of people doing the same thing.
So DH called & talked to someone at Chase. They told him it's pending. He asked if there was anything he could help with, they said no it's just pending :( No info, & no approval so I guess I can't apply for the Premier today too.

Thanks @Lain and @wendow that does make me feel better. I'm going to give it some time and see what happens. I hate calling people. :crazy2:

saw a guy on IRC (reddit /r/churning unofficial IRC) apply and also got the 30 day message. was approved in 2 days. didnt call to talk to a CSR but did call the automated line to check status.

So DH called & talked to someone at Chase. They told him it's pending. He asked if there was anything he could help with, they said no it's just pending :( No info, & no approval so I guess I can't apply for the Premier today too.

Well, at least he called...Not sure my dh would have. Hopefully, you get an approval in just a few days. I cannot get CP this go around but I am just happy to be working on 60k points with SW.

:yay: I finally got my confirmation number from Chase for our WDW resort. I was really stressing cause we can start booking FP's in just a few days. Anyways, it took 3+ hours, talking to 4 Chase reps, 2 Chase supervisors, 6 Disney CM's including tech support...I can't believe it was that difficult but I have it now and our reservation is showing up in MDE.

:yay: I finally got my confirmation number from Chase for our WDW resort. I was really stressing cause we can start booking FP's in just a few days. Anyways, it took 3+ hours, talking to 4 Chase reps, 2 Chase supervisors, 6 Disney CM's including tech support...I can't believe it was that difficult but I have it now and our reservation is showing up in MDE.

I am glad you got it worked out. I have been thinking of using UR's at Disney. Is there anything you would have done differently with getting the number? Who would you recommend you start talking too first? Chase or Disney? Who at Disney?

Glad you finally got it worked out. Who (Chase or Disney) had the right number? And what were the "magic words" to get that number? I anticipate having to do this for our Feb trip.

I am glad you got it worked out. I have been thinking of using UR's at Disney. Is there anything you would have done differently with getting the number? Who would you recommend you start talking too first? Chase or Disney? Who at Disney?

Glad you finally got it worked out. Who (Chase or Disney) had the right number? And what were the "magic words" to get that number? I anticipate having to do this for our Feb trip.

I actually asked the Chase supervisor who got me the number what to do next time lol! I do not want to go through this again. She said to contact Chase as soon as I book the reservation and ask them to contact their 'supplier' for the number. That sounds like it should be the same as the 'vendor confirmation number' that @mhartman09 was able to use to get her confirmation number but that didn't work in my case. Anyways, I asked who the 'supplier' is and she said she called the hotel directly. I wonder now if I could have just called the hotel, though we all know how that goes calling Disney resorts.

Dealing with Chase and Disney has been frustrating cause they both just kept sending me back and forth but everyone was very friendly and willing to try to help. And Chase had kept notes of everything so each time I called, they knew what numbers they had given me and I didn't have to repeat myself all over again.

I actually asked the Chase supervisor who got me the number what to do next time lol! I do not want to go through this again. She said to contact Chase as soon as I book the reservation and ask them to contact their 'supplier' for the number. That sounds like it should be the same as the 'vendor confirmation number' that @mhartman09 was able to use to get her confirmation number but that didn't work in my case. Anyways, I asked who the 'supplier' is and she said she called the hotel directly. I wonder now if I could have just called the hotel, though we all know how that goes calling Disney resorts.

Dealing with Chase and Disney has been frustrating cause they both just kept sending me back and forth but everyone was very friendly and willing to try to help. And Chase had kept notes of everything so each time I called, they knew what numbers they had given me and I didn't have to repeat myself all over again.

makes me wonder what would happen if you call Expedia instead...

makes me wonder what would happen if you call Expedia instead...

Yeah, that was next on my list if no one could help me tonight. I just thought I'd give it 5 days to make sure it had time to hit Disney's system in case that I was calling too soon.

I am working on a $4,000 spend on my husband's CSR card. I have looked through the statements and was wondering if there was an easy way to know when we have met the spend. Can we be confident when site states "points earned on next statement" are we done? I guess what I mean is, how does the annual fee get factored in? Also, some of the purchases get triple points.

The annual fee isn't counted toward your spend, so don't count that as part of your $4,000. I actually called CSP to confirm that I was getting close because I had some items that I wanted to charge to my Freedom Unlimited for 1.5x points. You can also click on the "see more activity" under next statement points and you will see a list of all of your charges and which ones got bonus points.

I hit my spend within a month for CSP because I had to buy a refrigerator and had to pay for comp soccer fees/new uniforms so I have an extra window to make sure that I earned my points. But, in my experience the points shown for my next statement have always been right.

I though I would tell my story of the benefits of points over the past few days. My DH, DD18 and I are scheduled to fly to FL on Friday using SW points and a CP ticket. Unfortunately, a friend of my DH passed away earlier this week. His wake is on Friday in Ohio...we are in Chicagoland. It would have been a big hit to fly him at short notice, hotel, car etc. and obviously change our FL plans. I was able to book him (using points for everything) on a flight to OH, a hotel, car and a flight to FL, change my flight to points and not have to spend anything other than a seat fee on Frontier to get him to FL.
This hobby helped save about $900 worth of unexpected expenses....and a lot of stress.

I though I would tell my story of the benefits of points over the past few days. My DH, DD18 and I are scheduled to fly to FL on Friday using SW points and a CP ticket. Unfortunately, a friend of my DH passed away earlier this week. His wake is on Friday in Ohio...we are in Chicagoland. It would have been a big hit to fly him at short notice, hotel, car etc. and obviously change our FL plans. I was able to book him (using points for everything) on a flight to OH, a hotel, car and a flight to FL, change my flight to points and not have to spend anything other than a seat fee on Frontier to get him to FL.
This hobby helped save about $900 worth of unexpected expenses....and a lot of stress.
Sorry for his loss, but that's a great story.

Sorry about his friend

Does anyone know if you can earn ur points if you shop through the chase ur portal but pay with gift cards? Having to buy a new washer from Home Depot:(

He actually did call from work but didn't tell me until he got home
I am just bummed I can't get the CP but also glad to work on 60k miles.
Keep checking the automated line and your online Chase account. You could luck out with it being approved in the next 2 days.

Are you absolute with using ME? I ask because if you like the departure time on your current flight maybe just Uber to the airport at a time of your choice...

We actually decided not to change our flight. After looking at the other flights offered that day, none of the others seemed as though they would work for us. Guess we'll be getting up very early on our departure date. LOL. I did tell DH Uber was an option if we decided not to use ME.

I'm so glad you were able to get it all worked out. Sorry I didn't get back to you with what my old number looked like. I did look through my paperwork, but I'm thinking maybe it got thrown out or something because I cannot find it anywhere. I do recall being told several times by both Chase and Disney that I'd have to call the other, so there was a bit of back and forth with me too. Very frustrating. I sure hope if you book with UR points again, you end up getting the correct number right from the beginning like I did this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!