I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve skimmed some of TPG’s Disney week articles (don’t hate me! I know, I know, “but clicks!!”- curiosity got the better of me!). They have some good info, some old info, some bad info, nothing that interesting tbh. Unfortunately one of the restaurants they mentioned as don’t do was be our guest at lunch because it’s a zoo- I have us scheduled for BoG lunch. They put this picture up of the hallway packed to the gills to prove their point, it looks like crowd hell.... I do NOT want that! But I also don’t want to cancel a hard to get ressie because I was TPG’d with bad info. Anyone here familiar with BoG lunch?

We do it every trip and love it. Yes, it's busy but the atmosphere is something my girls really enjoy. I like to get a ressie that is early (like 11:15) or late (like 1:30).

We also eat lunch at BoG every trip, including my solo trip. We never have trouble finding a table, we have eaten in all 3 rooms. Alexa and I ate in the West Wing on our trip together, and the darkness really didn't bother us. We always pre-order, walk right in, pay and sit down. I never understand why people don't, the lines to order are INSANE!! It's our favorite lunch, we really like the food and the not standing in line and carrying a tray is very relaxing.

In May last year the travel credit went from personal year to calendar year. I'd think you now have to wait until 2019 if you weren't grandfathered.
I think you mean it went from calendar year to personal year...

@afan DH opened his card 10/17, AF just posted 9/2, and travel credit was available again after that (first time it credited against a charge was 9/13, don't remember his statement close date right off).

I opened mine in 10/16 so I am grandfathered in for calendar year, it says mine will be available after my statement closes in December.

Please refresh my memory. I got the CSR last Nov 14\15. I know the af will hit Dec 1
Will the travel credit become available on Nov 14\15 or q different day?
I think the travel credit will be available again as soon as the December statement drops. After that, you are now in 2019 as far as Chase is concerned.

ETA: NVM. Forgot they changed from calendar year to anniv year.

Please refresh my memory. I got the CSR last Nov 14\15. I know the af will hit Dec 1

If you go to the rewards and benefits page on your CSR account - it should tell you when the credit will become available again - on mine it says after statement close in 02/2019.

If you check your UR portal it'll tell you what statement the credit resets. Mine will reset after the May 2019 statement, if I read that correctly. I was charged my AF May 1 this year, so I think after my statement closes in May 2019 (which is mid month) I'm eligible again.

The Biz has the 60k offer, you should definitely apply for that. The Plus & Priority only have 40k bonus. If you have SW flights coming up you can apply for the 50k inflight bonus.
What is the 50k in flight bonus? We always have SW flights coming up!

If you go to the rewards and benefits page on your CSR account - it should tell you when the credit will become available again - on mine it says after statement close in 02/2019.

If you check your UR portal it'll tell you what statement the credit resets. Mine will reset after the May 2019 statement, if I read that correctly. I was charged my AF May 1 this year, so I think after my statement closes in May 2019 (which is mid month) I'm eligible again.

That isn't the easiest thing to find. It said when the Dec statement closes. So the AF will drop on 12/1 and then when the statement closes I can use the credit and PC if that's what I decide to do. They sure make it all close together.

Hmmm... I probably signed up DH at a bad time for the RR dining portal, since we were out of town. There's really just the one new local place we go to, and we've only been once. I am tempted to go buy gift cards two different days before his sign up bonus period ends...

It took multiple attempts over a couple of days before I could get it to pull up. Incognito on Chrome did not work and clearing cookies on explorer did not work, neither did any attempts on my iPhone or iPad. I did not try firefox but that was going to be next. Private browsing on IE finally worked.

[...]
I would not transfer to BA speculatively without checking to see what the award will cost you in taxes and fees on flights across the pond.

Thank you! I'll keep trying!

I'm sitting in the Sky Club at SFO right now waiting for our flight to LHR--via SLC--first time flying Delta One so I'm looking
forward to trying it out. I managed to get a great deal for DD19 and I (taking her back to school) via an Air France deal. The partner ticket bookings always make me nervous but so far so good. I'll be trying American Business class back so this will be a fun trip.

I usually do BA, Virgin or United for flights to London. If I hadn't depleted my MR stash for Japan (VS deal), I would be transferring all my MRs to BA via the deal. It would have been great for the tickets I booked to Japan on JAL via BA, and we fly back and forth so much to England, I can always use the Avios. The one other thing I'd point out for people who are looking to combine points with a P2 is that BA has household sharing so you can easily combine your MRs via Avios.

That isn't the easiest thing to find. It said when the Dec statement closes. So the AF will drop on 12/1 and then when the statement closes I can use the credit and PC if that's what I decide to do. They sure make it all close together.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing since I'm in the middle of the month too. Leaves me with 14-15 days to use it if I want to cancel it, or they give more leeway with PC's I think so closer to 25 if I'm just going to PC it. (But with all the changes and how the timing works with our trip next year, I think I'll just be keeping it open and PCing my CSP. +1 for the 90% retention rate...)

I would really like to do some cleaning up of credit cards and limits. Can someone give me advice on whether I should or shouldn’t close the accounts we no longer use? Also looking for some advice on what I should lower my credit limits to on our cards. Is something based on a percentage of something? As always, thanks for the help.

Ok, I think I'm going to have DH go for the SW CP. Obviously we want the full 2 years of it so please correct my plan if needed.....Have DH apply for the SW Biz card in early Oct but don't meet MS until early January ( but be careful to make it by 3 months), so that points don't post in December. Does Chase count when you make the spend or when your statement ends? Have him apply for a personal SW card around at least a month after opening the Biz, following the same spending plan as for the Biz but with accelerated spending so that it's within 3 months but the points post in January. Is this correct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter