I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh, I can't imagine :) We checked that one out last and couldn't believe how dark it was. It might seem fun for a few minutes but I'm not sure I want to eat a whole meal like that. Is it that dark during dinner too?
We ended up in the room on the right, is that the rose room I guess? not the main ballroom and not the beast's dungeon.

Yes! We've gone to dinner twice and it's the same way. We've always been in the ballroom, but have always ended up towards the back of it. I'd love to be able to sit up closer to the windows at some point.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing since I'm in the middle of the month too. Leaves me with 14-15 days to use it if I want to cancel it, or they give more leeway with PC's I think so closer to 25 if I'm just going to PC it. (But with all the changes and how the timing works with our trip next year, I think I'll just be keeping it open and PCing my CSP. +1 for the 90% retention rate...)

I already know what I'm using the credit for. Planning to go to the Dis event in August so I'll just apply it to the hotel, as long as the deal is as good as it's been before. Still haven't decided if I'll keep it or not.

Appealing to millennials with rose gold :P

LOL, except I'm anything but a millennials ...more of a grumpy old lady :laughing:

I'm sitting in the Sky Club at SFO right now waiting for our flight to LHR--via SLC--first time flying Delta One so I'm looking forward to trying it out. I managed to get a great deal for DD19 and I (taking her back to school) via an Air France deal. The partner ticket bookings always make me nervous but so far so good. I'll be trying American Business class back so this will be a fun trip.

Oh! Have fun! I think my favorite part of DL One is the mid flight chocolate chip cookie :) Where is DD attending university?

Sorry, another question about earning a SW CP. If Dh gets 100,000 pts by getting the Biz and a personal card, will he automatically earn the 10,000 pts he needs to get the CP just by meeting the MS on these 2 cards????

I’m a millennial and don’t understand the rose gold thing AT ALL

Pink + shiny= JOY! :) It's okay, my DD is anti pink (not saying you are) so I'm used to not being understood. Plus, with my phone being pink it makes it easier to see if in a dark purse. But mostly just the happy color...of course I've been called Butterfly Girl-look! A butterfly! by one of my girlfriends forever:o

I would really like to do some cleaning up of credit cards and limits. Can someone give me advice on whether I should or shouldn’t close the accounts we no longer use? Also looking for some advice on what I should lower my credit limits to on our cards. Is something based on a percentage of something? As always, thanks for the help.

Closing new/recently opened accounts can be a good thing but do not close your oldest accounts, as that will negatively affect your credit score. However, if you close too many accounts, that can also lower your credit score because your utilization rate might increase. @SouthFayetteFan recently "cleaned up" his credit report so he probably has some more specific advice.

Pink + shiny= JOY! :) It's okay, my DD is anti pink (not saying you are) so I'm used to not being understood. Plus, with my phone being pink it makes it easier to see if in a dark purse. But mostly just the happy color...of course I've been called Butterfly Girl-look! A butterfly! by one of my girlfriends forever:o

i rather get the amex plat in yellow. :]. then again, i’m a guy. lol

Thank you! I'll keep trying!

I'm sitting in the Sky Club at SFO right now waiting for our flight to LHR--via SLC--first time flying Delta One so I'm looking
forward to trying it out. I managed to get a great deal for DD19 and I (taking her back to school) via an Air France deal. The partner ticket bookings always make me nervous but so far so good. I'll be trying American Business class back so this will be a fun trip.

I usually do BA, Virgin or United for flights to London. If I hadn't depleted my MR stash for Japan (VS deal), I would be transferring all my MRs to BA via the deal. It would have been great for the tickets I booked to Japan on JAL via BA, and we fly back and forth so much to England, I can always use the Avios. The one other thing I'd point out for people who are looking to combine points with a P2 is that BA has household sharing so you can easily combine your MRs via Avios.

I'm v. tempted to do this offer. But I already have enough avios for one more trip (and we have one booked) and we only do one, maybe 2 flights across the pond a year, so if I got more Avios, they'd be earmarked for a 2020 trip, and I'm not sure the extra avios are worth having our MRs all tied up there. But the 40% bonus is really tempting...

Sorry, another question about earning a SW CP. If Dh gets 100,000 pts by getting the Biz and a personal card, will he automatically earn the 10,000 pts he needs to get the CP just by meeting the MS on these 2 cards????

You will have 104k (1k ms on Plus and 3kms on Business IIRC), so you would have 6k to go.

The Southwest RR Shopping portal should still apply towards CP, so that's a good way of hitting CP faster.

I'm v. tempted to do this offer. But I already have enough avios for one more trip (and we have one booked) and we only do one, maybe 2 flights across the pond a year, so if I got more Avios, they'd be earmarked for a 2020 trip, and I'm not sure the extra avios are worth having our MRs all tied up there. But the 40% bonus is really tempting...

It's super tempting...

I renewed my Global Entry two days ago & the credit is already showing on my Amex account. That was fast!

I’ve skimmed some of TPG’s Disney week articles (don’t hate me! I know, I know, “but clicks!!”- curiosity got the better of me!). They have some good info, some old info, some bad info, nothing that interesting tbh. Unfortunately one of the restaurants they mentioned as don’t do was be our guest at lunch because it’s a zoo- I have us scheduled for BoG lunch. They put this picture up of the hallway packed to the gills to prove their point, it looks like crowd hell.... I do NOT want that! But I also don’t want to cancel a hard to get ressie because I was TPG’d with bad info. Anyone here familiar with BoG lunch?
Adding to the chorus of people saying that it's busy, sure, but not that bad. I never understood the comparisons to a cafeteria. If you order in advance, you can just walk in, find a seat, and wait for your food to arrive. It's a very pretty restaurant. I prefer dinner to lunch but both are fine, in my opinion. I've never tried breakfast. (I also haven't had dinner there since it switched to prix fixe, but we'll try it in November.)

Oh gosh, I can't imagine :) We checked that one out last and couldn't believe how dark it was. It might seem fun for a few minutes but I'm not sure I want to eat a whole meal like that. Is it that dark during dinner too?
We ended up in the room on the right, is that the rose room I guess? not the main ballroom and not the beast's dungeon.
We had the table right in front of the enchanted rose once. The darkness didn't bother us at all. The people who shoved in front of our table to take photos of it, and the family of 8 who kept asking us to take photos of them in different configurations while we were trying to eat, sure did :rotfl: I think we took 3-4 photos of them before saying we would like to enjoy our dinner now. The mom was MAD! I was almost sorry when she stumbled back after flash photo attempt #10 or so & her hair landed in leftover onion soup. Almost.

Ever since then, we have politely requested NOT to eat in the West Wing!

Adding to the chorus of people saying that it's busy, sure, but not that bad. I never understood the comparisons to a cafeteria. If you order in advance, you can just walk in, find a seat, and wait for your food to arrive. It's a very pretty restaurant. I prefer dinner to lunch but both are fine, in my opinion. I've never tried breakfast. (I also haven't had dinner there since it switched to prix fixe, but we'll try it in November.)

I'd love to hear your review of the prix fixe meal. DH and I really like BOG dinner, but unless they've seriously stepped their game up then I'm not willing to pay that much for it going forward.

I would really like to do some cleaning up of credit cards and limits. Can someone give me advice on whether I should or shouldn’t close the accounts we no longer use? Also looking for some advice on what I should lower my credit limits to on our cards. Is something based on a percentage of something? As always, thanks for the help.
I cleaned up a lot of old cards a few months ago. Felt good to pull back.

After the cleanup my wife ended up with 6 Chase cards (5 personal & 1 Business); 5 AMEX cards (only 2 personal); and an AU on my very old Discover.

I ended up with 7 Chase cards (7 personal); 4 AMEX cards (only 1 personal); 1 Citi Card (personal); and 1 Discover...

It felt REALLY good to get things cleaned up. So funny that a churner thinks having 12 or 13 open accounts is CLEAN...LOL!!

i rather get the amex plat in yellow. :]. then again, i’m a guy. lol

I was tempted by that, too...I just like bright and colorful cards I guess!

It's been a long time coming... HS was very expensive as well so this will be a nice change (17 years of private school tuition and the end is in sight). Neither accepted CCards of any kind, either. There will be more "school" but I think we are done paying for it at this point. I have to ask about ABD - when I listen to the DU postcast they make it seem like it's for people who are scared to leave the country or people who can't manage their luggage, so I stayed away from it. But reading on here and seeing frequent travelers loving it... I need to look into this one more. Which one are you going on in Oct?

Wow, good for you for finishing up. I sort of hope DD will attend someplace that will accept credit cards, but she's been a challenging child all her life so why would she start now to make life easier? :D

As for ABD, honestly, I've only been on 3 (4 in June) and a couple of Tauck tours. I don't mind traveling overseas alone (I went to Japan at the age of 21 and 23), lived overseas 3 times and enjoy solo travel. However, as calypso's DH is a plane princess, my DH is more of a travel tyrant. He works very hard and when he's on vacation he does not want to think or make decisions at all. He also has a terrible sense of direction and no situational awareness. Essentially, an organized tour helps me not throttle him when we're traveling. Expensive? Yes, but so are divorce lawyers:P.

The ABD for next year is the podcast London/Paris/DLP adventure which I know is easy enough to do OYO but I think it would be fun to travel with Kevin, John and other Disboarders. If it's not, well, it's a nice itinerary and I get to see DLP. You should consider looking into them now that you're tuition free :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter