I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully somebody finds this exercise to be remotely worthwhile...if not, I enjoy math so no worries, LOL!
This is how I feel everytime I post something like this :)
I still have 10% off Amex offer on my SPG Biz, maybe I’ll stack that with RMN for $100 GC
As I plan my RMN route after work... :idea:
It's not 12% back...but rather 12% value in gas if you can max out the usage (which we can). When I save money on gas this way, I attribute the full cost of the gas as a transportation expense in my spreadsheet and accrue the amount saved towards travel.
This is what I do with my gas savings.
Anyone else having trouble accessing the Ultimate Rewards page on Chase? The page never loads and just sits there blank for me. Tried several times. Just me?
I'm way behind still, but I ALWAYS have to open URs in incognito.
Heres a fun DP.

Chase pay with Samsung Pay codes Chase Pay... Q4 Freedom card is wiiiiide open.
@ anyone who owns a Samsung Phone...
This makes me so happy as i plan to downgrade my CSR soon-ish. Really mid-December, so not a ton of time, but can pick up a few extra URs if I max out my current Freedom. I haven't used Samsung pay much since they killed the rewards points.

Thank you! I'll keep trying!

I'm sitting in the Sky Club at SFO right now waiting for our flight to LHR--via SLC--first time flying Delta One so I'm looking
forward to trying it out. I managed to get a great deal for DD19 and I (taking her back to school) via an Air France deal. The partner ticket bookings always make me nervous but so far so good. I'll be trying American Business class back so this will be a fun trip.

I usually do BA, Virgin or United for flights to London. If I hadn't depleted my MR stash for Japan (VS deal), I would be transferring all my MRs to BA via the deal. It would have been great for the tickets I booked to Japan on JAL via BA, and we fly back and forth so much to England, I can always use the Avios. The one other thing I'd point out for people who are looking to combine points with a P2 is that BA has household sharing so you can easily combine your MRs via Avios.

Are Avios the best to collect for a trip to London? We're looking at a possible 2020 trip, and since I'll need 4 tickets, I want to start collecting as much as possible to reduce oop costs. Also I heard the fees are crazy high. Is it still worth using Avios even with the fees? We are also most likely flying SFO or SMF.

I cleaned up a lot of old cards a few months ago. Felt good to pull back.

After the cleanup my wife ended up with 6 Chase cards (5 personal & 1 Business); 5 AMEX cards (only 2 personal); and an AU on my very old Discover.

I ended up with 7 Chase cards (7 personal); 4 AMEX cards (only 1 personal); 1 Citi Card (personal); and 1 Discover...

It felt REALLY good to get things cleaned up. So funny that a churner thinks having 12 or 13 open accounts is CLEAN...LOL!!

The multiple credit card accounts doesn’t bother me it’s all these bank accounts. I have to wait to close a lot of them but I also want to open more for the bonus. lol

I'm thinking of applying for the Arrival +. Would that be a big mistake? I'm currently 2/24.

I have:
Disney Visa (no AF) - just downgraded from the premier that I've had forever
CSR 1/18
JetBlue 1/18
SPG Biz 3/18
CIC 5/18
Biz Plat 7/18
Biz Green 8/18

I also plan on having DH refer me to the CIP at some point either later this year, or early next year. I'm still on the fence about whether or not I'll keep the CSR or PC it. I need to stay away from Amex for a while due to the pop-ups I've received.

At this point I'm focusing on our Disney park tickets for May which we will then bridge to DVC APs. Any advice is appreciated, as always!

I just got the Arrival Plus last month. I think it is a great offer and now with the no AF waived first year it is even better!

In your case it will cool it with Amex for a bit which is good. I had the card maybe 5 years ago and then tickets with Undercover Tourist coded as travel so you might be able to use it that way. I think @striker1064 posted that the $600 bonus could be used for DVC dues; that possibility put me over the indecision and I just decided to apply. It is a Mastercard so easy to use for my mortgage through Plastiq (which is why I decided to get it).

I am a little unhappy with them right now since I just tried to call about having the annual fee waived since I just barely got card...no luck. Right now I am trying to decide if it is worth HUCA.

I cleaned up a lot of old cards a few months ago. Felt good to pull back.

After the cleanup my wife ended up with 6 Chase cards (5 personal & 1 Business); 5 AMEX cards (only 2 personal); and an AU on my very old Discover.

I ended up with 7 Chase cards (7 personal); 4 AMEX cards (only 1 personal); 1 Citi Card (personal); and 1 Discover...

It felt REALLY good to get things cleaned up. So funny that a churner thinks having 12 or 13 open accounts is CLEAN...LOL!!

THANK YOU! So new/old it doesn't matter how long I've had them??? Any suggestions on the credit limits? I think some of mine have pretty high limits. What's the rule of thumb on that?

Woohoo, $300 from Chase just hit my bank account!! Thanks so much to everyone who helped walk me through this, especially @havaneselover who I feel like answered the 27 questions I had about this. So excited for this second bank bonus ever!

Now that I confirmed mine posted, I'm going to sign DH up for it as well!

That is really good to know! I was just talking to our payroll folks about splitting my paycheck, but I've been meaning to set up a Fidelity account anyway, so maybe I'll go that route instead!

Woohoo, $300 from Chase just hit my bank account!! Thanks so much to everyone who helped walk me through this, especially @havaneselover who I feel like answered the 27 questions I had about this. So excited for this second bank bonus ever!

Now that I confirmed mine posted, I'm going to sign DH up for it as well!

Thanks for the heads up, P2's is now also pending. Old Faithful. I wish all bank bonuses were this reliable.

I just got the Arrival Plus last month. I think it is a great offer and now with the no AF waived first year it is even better!

In your case it will cool it with Amex for a bit which is good. I had the card maybe 5 years ago and then tickets with Undercover Tourist coded as travel so you might be able to use it that way. I think @striker1064 posted that the $600 bonus could be used for DVC dues; that possibility put me over the indecision and I just decided to apply. It is a Mastercard so easy to use for my mortgage through Plastiq (which is why I decided to get it).

I am a little unhappy with them right now since I just tried to call about having the annual fee waived since I just barely got card...no luck. Right now I am trying to decide if it is worth HUCA.

Yeah, the Arrival+ works on DVC dues and it works on UCT as well (purchases code as travel).

HUCA on the AF waiver. There's been at least one successful DP. If you're within 30 days of getting the card, they should hopefully work with you.

Pink + shiny= JOY! :) It's okay, my DD is anti pink (not saying you are) so I'm used to not being understood. Plus, with my phone being pink it makes it easier to see if in a dark purse. But mostly just the happy color...of course I've been called Butterfly Girl-look! A butterfly! by one of my girlfriends forever:o
I don’t mind pink but I actually really don’t like the color gold. I just don’t understand the obsession with a color. The only pink thing I really liked was my pink razor.

I don’t mind pink but I actually really don’t like the color gold. I just don’t understand the obsession with a color. The only pink thing I really liked was my pink razor.

I too do not understand the obsession with a color, especially on a credit card.

I hate more that it's going to be metal. Was that necessary? Amex, did you really have to go make a card that's a near guaranteed keeper metal? Ugh. On the plus side, r/churning will have a new obsession to drown out all the "How can they call it the SPG Luxury and make it plastic??" posts.

I am not a rose gold fan either. But hahahaha on the Razr, I had one of those! As a phone, it was junk, but it sure was durable!!! I just loved the feel of it, and it hit the floor more times than I can count and never had a dent. I actually just got rid of it a few months ago. Every once in awhile I would take it out of the closet and just flip it open and closed for a few minutes.

I too do not understand the obsession with a color, especially on a credit card.

I hate more that it's going to be metal. Was that necessary? Amex, did you really have to go make a card that's a near guaranteed keeper metal? Ugh. On the plus side, r/churning will have a new obsession to drown out all the "How can they call it the SPG Luxury and make it plastic??" posts.

how am i suppose to cut my apple if the card isnt metal??? :P

The multiple credit card accounts doesn’t bother me it’s all these bank accounts. I have to wait to close a lot of them but I also want to open more for the bonus. lol
I was so lazy with closing bank accts. Some of them can be such a pain - it’s part of the reason I stopped pursuing bank bonuses as much.

THANK YOU! So new/old it doesn't matter how long I've had them??? Any suggestions on the credit limits? I think some of mine have pretty high limits. What's the rule of thumb on that?
I keep my Discover which is 16+ yrs old. No other acct on our report is older than 3yrs and thus I don’t consider any of them sacred.

I attempted to get our total revolving CL (combined across all issuers) under 1x our reported annual income. I have no reason for doing that other than it seemed logical in my head. At one point I think we were showing 3-4x our annual income which I felt looked ridiculous lol.

So. Much. MR. Left. On. The. Table!

With once per lifetime lngauge I am choosy about Amex applications. I need to beef up the stash now that I’m down to about 70k MR and so is DH. I took advantage of the Virgin transfer bonus and have used the 35% back on paying with points a lot.

I always forget my AAA card! I need to put it in my travel wallet, since I carry the keyring tag usually. Several Swolphin places give 20% off with it.

Earl of Sandwich offers a AAA discount and is part of the AA Dining rewards network. Not much but any DD that isn’t dead is good.

Thanks! I have been using cardmatch and get the exact same offers no matter what browser, but I will also look at AmEx's site.

Anytime. I’ve also read that using a VPN and changing your location will work.

Pooling points with BA is a nice feature!

I know the question wasn’t directed at me but I’m going to chime in too. We’ve completed 10 ABD trips and number 11 is booked for next year. With the exception of China, I would have no hesitation visiting any of the places we went with ABD on my own. In several cases, we have visited places we traveled to with ABD on our own before or after the ABD trip. I also have no issues with my luggage. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

As for ABD, honestly, I've only been on 3 (4 in June) and a couple of Tauck tours. I don't mind traveling overseas alone (I went to Japan at the age of 21 and 23), lived overseas 3 times and enjoy solo travel. However, as calypso's DH is a plane princess, my DH is more of a travel tyrant. He works very hard and when he's on vacation he does not want to think or make decisions at all. He also has a terrible sense of direction and no situational awareness. Essentially, an organized tour helps me not throttle him when we're traveling. Expensive? Yes, but so are divorce lawyers:P.

The ABD for next year is the podcast London/Paris/DLP adventure which I know is easy enough to do OYO but I think it would be fun to travel with Kevin, John and other Disboarders. If it's not, well, it's a nice itinerary and I get to see DLP. You should consider looking into them now that you're tuition free :)

Couldn’t agree more. I plan enough trips on my own for DH and I and travel hack the air, pre trip plans, post trip plan and OYO time for the ABD trips. It’s nice to just show up. DH feels the same. He doesn’t want to have to navigate how to get to where we are going while we are there. He has to do that for our on our own trips often enough.

I also love that ABD usually has some exclusive experience you can’t have or do unless you are with them. I also love their hidden gem experiences. Almost every trip there is something on the itinerary that I’m not even remotely interested in doing. More often than not it winds up the highlight of the trip for me.

I am not a rose gold fan either. But hahahaha on the Razr, I had one of those! As a phone, it was junk, but it sure was durable!!! I just loved the feel of it, and it hit the floor more times than I can count and never had a dent. I actually just got rid of it a few months ago. Every once in awhile I would take it out of the closet and just flip it open and closed for a few minutes.
The pink Razr was my very first phone so I thought it was the bee's knees lol. I think we got rid of mine awhile ago.

Thanks to the Amex Platinum Business Bongo benefit that I never remember to use, I'm replying from in the air somewhere over Nor Cal!

Oh! Have fun! I think my favorite part of DL One is the mid flight chocolate chip cookie :) Where is DD attending university?
Thank you! It 's always fun to compare airline products, although so much depends on what kind of plan you end up on. I hope this one has a good set up. I used Seatguru at the time, but I want to say this flight was the only one available with Air France so I had the choice of beggars :) DD is beginning her second year at Durham in Northern England. She's studying archaeology and loving it. My husband and I are living very vicariously!

Thanks and glad it was helpful. I've had pretty good experience with BA overall, too. The taxes are brutal for premium cabin, but they are hard to avoid. I was able to get this flight pretty cheap on Delta with AF (67,500 miles and $20ish), but I've found that premium cabin flights with low taxes to and from England are extremely hard to come by. United has low taxes, but they seem to release next to nothing out of SFO. My best score was a recent VS upper class flight out of SFO to LHR using 75k Delta miles and only $35 or so in taxes. But those seem to be unicorns. I view the taxes on BA or VS like @calypso--as a less expensive way of buying/upgrading a business/first class ticket.

I'm v. tempted to do this offer. But I already have enough avios for one more trip (and we have one booked) and we only do one, maybe 2 flights across the pond a year, so if I got more Avios, they'd be earmarked for a 2020 trip, and I'm not sure the extra avios are worth having our MRs all tied up there. But the 40% bonus is really tempting...

That definitely makes it a tough decision, and I can see why you wouldn't want to do it even with the promo. You never know if BA will devalue their program before now and then. We go back and forth so much, I can never have enough avios. AMEX seems to run the transfer promo every fall. I waited around as long as i could for it to buy our JAL Japan tickets as it was earlier last year. Of course, about a month after I needed it, it showed up, LOL! The promo would have saved me over 140,000 MRs!

Are Avios the best to collect for a trip to London? We're looking at a possible 2020 trip, and since I'll need 4 tickets, I want to start collecting as much as possible to reduce oop costs. Also I heard the fees are crazy high. Is it still worth using Avios even with the fees? We are also most likely flying SFO or SMF.

If you are trying to minimize out of pocket costs then I think most people would probably say no and that you are better off with one of the US carriers (UA or AA come to mind)--particularly if you are planning to find economy where award space is much easier to find. UA and AA will both have good economy awards with low taxes.

But if you want to fly in business/first with four people direct, you are going to have a tough time finding award availability for that many on the US carriers. With United, my suggestion would be to be ready the day the flights drop and look for partner awards. I've been able to snag 3-4 on Air Canada in business doing this (flying through Vancouver). You *might* be able to find two business seats from SFO to LHR direct on UA when they drop, and then wait until the last minute for then to open more award space, but this can be a crap shoot. @Calfan was able to do it a couple years back on UA when she flew to London to catch a cruise a few days before my family, but none of the flights on our day had any award availability open up. You have to be wiling to fly coach if you do it that way.

For me, I'm willing to pay the $$ in taxes to guarantee a premium cabin seat with BA or VS. They *tend* to have better award availability at the outset. If you want to do premium economy, I'd be looking at VS. I love their premium economy product. A lot of times we will fly Business out (the sleeping way) and PE back. The fees aren't as brutal on PE flights either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter