I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked and paid for (paid in advance to save 15%) my floatplane excursion for Alaska for next summer on my CSR. So happy it coded as travel. Makes up for not using Apple Pay on my $730 car repair to get the extra percentage point from Chase.
Did you use Chase portal to book any excursions? I saw a few on there.

Besides, don’t a lot of you have eBay “businesses”?
This was my first thought when I read your post to Albort haha. But too much for me. If I knew someone who had to have it, I'd probably ask if I could charge it to my card (as long as they had cash...).

Though you did make me think of my phone; I just upgraded to a new Galaxy in September so I could go in and pay off the phone cost as part of my minimum spend. :thumbsup2

Did you use Chase portal to book any excursions? I saw a few on there.
I'm going to use it for stuff in Vancouver (Grouse Mountain, Aquarium, etc.) since I'm still sitting on 27,000 UR points after paying for plane tickets and rooms in Vancouver. I didn't use it for whale watching or the floatplane because I had specific vendors I wanted to use.

Now I'm thinking of other little things for my SPG Biz min spend... name change costs ie new driver's license, might as well do my passport too for $110, need to get my rings soldered together... better write them down so I don't forget.

Think they'll notice a wedding dress cleaning charge on there? :rotfl:

ETA: nevermind on the passport. Darn places wanting cash or check - that does me no good!

Not sure if they count towards the 5/24 but I legitimately don't have a business. I mean like others I used to sell things on eBay but haven't in a while..So not sure that would count.
eBay sales do count as business... and if you plan on selling in the future you could still apply. But I'm pretty sure business cards don't count towards the 5/24.

My mortgage was recently sold to Nationstar, which shows up as "Nationstar Mortgage", so Plastiq didn't work. But Nationstar has now changed their name to the ridiculous "Mr. Cooper", so now Plastiq is working again and I just got 3x on my CIP. :yay:

Last edited:
Now I'm thinking of other little things for my SPG Biz min spend... name change costs ie new driver's license, might as well do my passport too for $110, need to get my rings soldered together... better write them down so I don't forget.

Think they'll notice a wedding dress cleaning charge on there? :rotfl:

ETA: nevermind on the passport. Darn places wanting cash or check - that does me no good!

Can't you use a money order for the passport? I have before.

My mortgage was recently sold to Nationstar, which shows up as "Nationstar Mortgage", so Plastiq didn't work. But Nationstar has now changed their name to the ridiculous "Mr. Cooper", so now Plastiq is working again and I just got 3x on my CIP. :yay:

That is my mom's new mortgage company too. When she told me the new name, I could hardly get myself off the floor from laughing. Who thinks 'Mr Cooper' is a good name for a mortgage company :rotfl2:Guess you won't forget the name lol.

Awesome on your 3x!

That is my mom's new mortgage company too. When she told me the new name, I could hardly get myself off the floor from laughing. Who thinks 'Mr Cooper' is a good name for a mortgage company :rotfl2:Guess you won't forget the name lol.

Awesome on your 3x!

Perhaps the person in charge of the name is a churner... ;)

Awesome on your 3x!

I had the same reaction! Who on earth came up with that?? I can't stop equating it to that TV show "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper"!

hangin-with-mr-cooper.jpg

Perhaps the person in charge of the name is a churner... ;)

Good thinking! :rotfl2:

Buying a new car tomorrow. Only upside is the dealer allows up to $7,000 in credit card funding. Guess who just met her AMEX BB Plus minimum spend? Me! Also will put about 4.5k on my CFU to get UR. Only a churner would see an upside to the spend..lol
I almost asked that on DD thread! hahahaha

The jet black iPhone 7/7+ were selling for a ~$200-300 premium in the first week or two after release because Apple had difficulties producing that finish in sufficient volume. That was the it color for the phone that the hip set had to have right now. Everything I’ve read suggests the iPhone X will be in even shorter supply with higher demand.

If things don’t work out, Apple has a 14-day no restocking fee return policy.

Hmmnn, a good idea!

For some reason it totally creeped me out that payments are now to Mr. Cooper than Nationstar Mortgage. I think it was supposed to feel more personal or whatever but now it's like I'm paying off a loan shark instead of a company...

Last edited:
Ok guys, I am just itching to get into this churning game! I have been following and reading, but I still feel like I am not informed enough to make the plunge entirely. If anyone wouldn't mind taking a look at my situation and possibly give some recommendations, I'd appreciate it!
So here goes... I have a few cards that were opened over 2 years ago...DisneyVisa, Amazon Visa, Old Navy Visa.
In May I opened the southwest plus for the sign up bonus (40,000). Didn't know about companion pass at the time.
End of September I opened up the Southwest Premier and Business to get CP in Jan 2018. Does this mean I am now 3/24? I saw some recent posts that business cards don't count. So could I be 2/24? I am salivating at the thought of the cards I can get, haha!
A few questions I have about all of these southwest cards is should I keep them all open? That's a lot of annual fees and a lot of southwest cards, no? What would the negative effects of canceling be? How do you all decide which to keep open, cancel, or PC?

So now I'm thinking that a card that earns UR points is a great way to go. CSP maybe? The annual fee on the CSR scares me.

Plans I have in the near future...Carnival cruise in May 2018(had a previous credit I'm using up). Disney in December 2018. I'd love to go to Hawaii 2019 while I have companion pass. If I could use points to book a hotel too that would be ideal. What does everyone think about a Hyatt card? Is Marriott better way to go? I'd love to get hubby in on this to double up on points but he has very little credit. He just got his first credit card ( I know, I know) in August, a DiscoverIT.

Any thoughts are appreciated :)

Longtime lurker on this thread, lots of good info. :D I have a chase IHG question. Does it seem difficult to use the rewards, or am I doing something wrong? When I go to book, most of the hotels say that rewards night are not available. And if I choose flexible dates, there are usually none available all year! We stay in a lot of Holiday Inns on road trips because they are everywhere, and many have a pullout bed for our 5th person. Seemed like this would be a good choice but I can hardly find any that take the rewards nights (in spite of the "no blackout dates on rewards" that is listed under benefits). I've found amex Hilton to be really easy to book, although I feel like they use a lot more points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter