I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to doing the ebags chasepay offer to get those sweet, sweet UR. Bought two sets of packing cubes on two different cards for me and DH to reach the $20 threshold. Got free shipping on each order through shoprunner. So should pick up an extra 4,000 UR, plus went through chase shopping portal which is currently 10 UR for every $1 spent on ebags. Used chase pay for my freedom and freedom unlimited.

Also got $100 Starbucks card through Wal-Mart using chase pay... should pick up 1000 UR on that transaction.

I'm very miffed at eBags' new policy of not combining gift cards purchased through Amex and Chase Pay promos. I griped about this last week when they stonewalled me on gift cards purchased using Amex Offers, and I've seen several more DPs of people buying $20 gift cards through the Chase Pay promo that eBags won't combine.

Literally, the customer service reps will tell you they cannot combine gift cards purchased with an Amex or through Chase Pay. It's not that they cannot, per management they won't.

Yes, according to the terms - I'm just wondering if the system is really set up to recognize multiple charges from different stores within Google Express.

Also, if this was Google Express's idea of a way to lure me into using Google Express in the future, I can say that was a bad idea - I can't imagine why I would use Google Express over ordering directly from the store in the future.

Speaking of Google Express, I finally got around to using one of these offers on my cards. I ordered a $50 Amex GC with a $4.95 activation fee from Staples. Yay! $15 free! Right? I don't know... The system is terrible!

Checkout improperly added sales tax on a gift card, but not the activation fee; and I guess the total will be adjusted at some point, but I've yet to receive any further update on my order. And I didn't get the usual Amex Great News! You just used your Amex Offer email. So I'm on the fence whether to order any more, since I know $50 prepaid cards go out of stock frequently and I don't want to miss out, but I also don't know whether the order will qualify.

I'm very miffed at eBags' new policy of not combining gift cards purchased through Amex and Chase Pay promos. I griped about this last week when they stonewalled me on gift cards purchased using Amex Offers, and I've seen several more DPs of people buying $20 gift cards through the Chase Pay promo that eBags won't combine.

Literally, the customer service reps will tell you they cannot combine gift cards purchased with an Amex or through Chase Pay. It's not that they cannot, per management they won't.

How do they know that a gift card was purchased through Chase Pay or AmEx?

Speaking of Google Express, I finally got around to using one of these offers on my cards. I ordered a $50 Amex GC with a $4.95 activation fee from Staples. Yay! $15 free! Right? I don't know... The system is terrible!

Checkout improperly added sales tax on a gift card, but not the activation fee; and I guess the total will be adjusted at some point, but I've yet to receive any further update on my order. And I didn't get the usual Amex Great News! You just used your Amex Offer email. So I'm on the fence whether to order any more, since I know $50 prepaid cards go out of stock frequently and I don't want to miss out, but I also don't know whether the order will qualify.

Google Express definitely seems to have some issues. The delay in getting things posted through AmEx also makes it hard to know whether to use the offer again. I still have the offer on two AmEx cards and I don't know whether I will use them or not. Staples doesn't participate in my area so the only useful options are Wal-mart, Target, and Costco. I had planned a Costco order but with the issues, not sure what I will do.

Finally got around to doing the ebags chasepay offer to get those sweet, sweet UR. Bought two sets of packing cubes on two different cards for me and DH to reach the $20 threshold. Got free shipping on each order through shoprunner. So should pick up an extra 4,000 UR, plus went through chase shopping portal which is currently 10 UR for every $1 spent on ebags. Used chase pay for my freedom and freedom unlimited.

Also got $100 Starbucks card through Wal-Mart using chase pay... should pick up 1000 UR on that transaction.
Thanks for the reminder on the ebags offer!

Babies R Us has them too. I bought a couple of them a month ago, and the funds finally showed up today in my 529 plan. It does take a while for processing though. I was able to buy them with Visa gift cards that I bought with other credit cards that have bonus categories (AMEX BCP 6% groceries), and just paid the $5.95 fee with another card. It turned out to be a $19.40 net cash back per $500 GoC purchase. Oh, and the state tax deduction too, I'll count that as money back too on top of the credit card cash back.

I need to research this...add it to the list. Dd18 doesn’t have a 529, but if I can set one up still for her (she is already in college now) I will def go this route. I guess it is too late to do it for spring tuition since you said it takes awhile to post...I need to see when thenpaymebt deadline is.

Is it packing cubes y’all are buying? I’ve never tried them. Which ones do you like?

I need to research this...add it to the list. Dd18 doesn’t have a 529, but if I can set one up still for her (she is already in college now) I will def go this route. I guess it is too late to do it for spring tuition since you said it takes awhile to post...I need to see when thenpaymebt deadline is.

Is it packing cubes y’all are buying? I’ve never tried them. Which ones do you like?
I like the regular Ebaga ones.

Marriott Rewards question:

The extra point ball is snapped from what yard line? Answer with #RewardsPoints before 8pm EST on 12/10 and score 1,000 points if you get it right.

Answer: 15 yard line

------

Dang it - how do I do this??? I'm going to blow it the 3rd week in a row! Do I reply to it or start my own tweet??? Someone, please help!

I didn’t buy the ebags one because they didn’t qualify for free shipping through shop runner. I bought another version that was $20.80 for 3 various sized packing cubes. With tax and free shipping it came to $22.00.

Thanks! If I buy $500, will I get $50 back? Says can be used more than once, just making sure. Only got the offer on one of my AMEX cards

No. If you have the offer on only 1 card, you’ll get only 1 statement credit when you purchase $250 or more from Best Buy in one or more transactions. The one or more transactions means you can make multiple purchases to meet the $250 minimum spend, not that you can use this offer multiple times once you meet the requirements.

The extra point ball is snapped from what yard line? Answer with #RewardsPoints before 8pm EST on 12/10 and score 1,000 points if you get it right.

------

Dang it - how do I do this??? I'm going to blow it the 3rd week in a row! Do I reply to it or start my own tweet??? Someone, please help!
I always reply to their tweet. Today I replied with "15 yard line #RewardsPoints"

Last edited:

------

Did you connect your Twitter account to Marriott Rewards? You need to do this for your answer to register. And don’t forget the #RewardsPoints.

I just answer in a reply because replying automatically tags both Marriott and the NFL.

I didn’t buy the ebags one because they didn’t qualify for free shipping through shop runner. I bought another version that was $20.80 for 3 various sized packing cubes. With tax and free shipping it came to $22.00.

Hmm, they qualified for free shipping through shop runner for me. Wonder why they didn't for you!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter