I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southwest is in A2, and the lounge on that side is B4. After going through security, you can go down either fake monorail, right? So theoretically if we feel we have time, we could ride the train to 4, see if we can get in the lounge, and then go back towards security and take the train to 2? Or when you come back do they force you off? Can't remember how it works.

PP site shows 2 lounges, on in Terminal A Concourse 1, and Terminal B Concourse 4. Seems like you need to go through security again if ur not at the right gate. I guess this is when TSA Pre can help... :]

Terminal A-- Airside - Gates 1-29, adjacent to XpresSpa. All passengers with a Boarding Pass can gain access to the lounge but passengers not departing from Gates 1-29 will be required to pass through Security. Please allow sufficient time to reach the departure gates.

Terminal B -- Airside - accessible from Gates 70-99, next to the 'InMotion' Store, near Gate 91. All passengers with a Boarding Pass can gain access to the lounge but passengers not departing from Gates 70-99 will be required to pass through Security. Please allow sufficient time to reach the departure gates.

On that note... PP Lounge at MCO... I've only been through MCO twice and I'm kinda fuzzy.

Southwest is in A2, and the lounge on that side is B4. After going through security, you can go down either fake monorail, right? So theoretically if we feel we have time, we could ride the train to 4, see if we can get in the lounge, and then go back towards security and take the train to 2? Or when you come back do they force you off? Can't remember how it works.

jk, some googling has answered my question. Seems like you have to go back through security.

ETA: maybe that was for the wrong club. hmmm. might have to investigate when we get there.

@Ngwira We made it to Homecomin' in September. So good! Originally I had a late reservation there when we were coming in Friday night, but then cancelled it when we switched to leaving Thursday. Not sure if we'll make this time, but if we don't we'll be back in January and go again for sure.
On the opposite side, the lounge is in A1 but our flight was in B3. We thought we could go through security once and be able to go to the lounge and come back and hop on the other monorail to go to our gate. Can't do it- there is a wall up on the exit from the monorail so you can't go to the other one. The TSA agent said something like it's because there are international flights coming in. So we decided we didn't want to do security twice, even though we have precheck and it was so quick and easy, and hung out at Ruby Tuesday's instead.

PP site shows 2 lounges, on in Terminal A Concourse 1, and Terminal B Concourse 4. Seems like you need to go through security again if ur not at the right gate. I guess this is when TSA Pre can help... :]
I plan on getting Global Entry at least. Trying to plan when because of changing my name with getting married. I did SS office already, but decided to wait on DL because of this trip - it's booked in my maiden name, and so is my January ticket... My passport is also in my maiden name.

I did see TPG posted a 2 month trial membership for Clear, so I might do that for this trip and then January.
On the opposite side, the lounge is in A1 but our flight was in B3. We thought we could go through security once and be able to go to the lounge and come back and hop on the other monorail to go to our gate. Can't do it- there is a wall up on the exit from the monorail so you can't go to the other one. The TSA agent said something like it's because there are international flights coming in. So we decided we didn't want to do security twice, even though we have precheck and it was so quick and easy, and hung out at Ruby Tuesday's instead.
I did some more reading on this. Apparently, you should be able to go back and forth without going through security again... IF no international flights are coming in, then they have to close it with a temporary wall so those people have to exit... weird setup. It'll probably just depend on how busy it is next Monday night. The two times we've flown out of MCO we've ended up eating at a little pizza/pasta place, getting our order and eating it at the gate :crazy2: I'm not a fan. They get no more chances from me.

I’m also curious to know about the PP lounges at MCO as I no longer have an Amex Platinum.

Yeah we were pleasantly surprised at how great Homecomin was. It’s a hidden gem at DS.
I don't know anything about MCO really but we flew Delta and a PP Lounge was in the terminal they operate out of at MCO. Would use it again. Snacks, bar, espresso drinks, water bottles, good amount of space, PP members allowed to bring guests. It was a nice respite from the airport.

I’m also curious to know about the PP lounges at MCO as I no longer have an Amex Platinum.

My aunt and uncle hit up the MCO PP lounge a couple of weeks ago (the one by SW airlines). They had several kinds of sandwiches, raw veggies, cheese & crackers, chips, variety of salads, two soups (lentil and tomato bisque), rolls, trail mix, candy...They had just been to the one at DIA a couple weeks before that and had steak so they were a little disappointed I think in the MCO lounge but it seemed fairly typical of lounge food.

Wow, just out of curiosity I checked the price on the flights I just booked: EWR - SAN Diego Aug 1 and the exact business class flight went from $659 a ticket to $2394 per ticket!!!! I wonder if it will go down again since it is 7 months out. Either way, glad I booked when I did!

No. If you have the offer on only 1 card, you’ll get only 1 statement credit when you purchase $250 or more from Best Buy in one or more transactions. The one or more transactions means you can make multiple purchases to meet the $250 minimum spend, not that you can use this offer multiple times once you meet the requirements.

@Tinkerbell19672 The caveat to this is if you have an AMEX card with an AU on it, the AU can also activate the offer if it's still available. For example, DH is primary on our AMEX BCP ( and I'm an AU) that has the Best Buy offer and I activated the offer on both his and my cards. So if he spends $250 he gets $25 back and same for me; we'd get $50 back on $500 spend at Best Buy on our AMEX BCP card.

Last edited:

DISchurners Reddit Group Update - I don't like to spam our board here over and over again but every month or so it seems people are asking questions on what this is all about so here is an update:

Once approved, click this link to access the site: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/

1) We now have 63 people in the group. If you want to see who is who check out this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/777y1j/roll_call_the_whos_who_of_dischurners/ (keep in mind that some people have different names there)

2) If anybody is applying for a new card (especially Chase cards and some AMEX cards) consider using a link to support a fellow DISchurner. EVERYBODY is welcome to post their links as well so please share yours on the appropriate threads. This has been a great way for us to repay each other for all the helpful comments and information shared here!

3) We have a handful of fun posts over there:
  • All My Cards, a thread to share all the cards you have gotten and anything you want to say about them... This thread I just created is a great place to share all the various cards you have...or you've had...and any redemption info/tips as well. You don't have to share all of them but you certainly can if you want. When looking at a new card it can be really helpful to talk to somebody who has already had it so this could be a cool resource for that as well!
  • Introduce yourself thread, a place to talk all about you and see people's backgrounds
  • A Guide on Plastiq by @Lain
  • An extensive guide to cashback through the AMEX Schwab platinum by me @SouthFayetteFan - for those interested in cashback, you can potentially earn $4,500 back on your next $18,000 in purchases
  • And of course the threads you can use to support other DISchurners and share your links.
4) I will say there is not a lot of discussion activity over there, and that is fine. I love that we're keeping the discussion here, but the Reddit group certainly has served its purpose ;)

If you want to join just PM @Albort or @SouthFayetteFan right here on the DIS with your Reddit name and we can get you added. You have to register for Reddit to participate. All verified DISboards members are welcome and it is a closed group so anybody not in our group can't see what you post there (the posts and comments are hidden from other reddit users).

Getting ready for our 3 day turned 4 day weekend to Disney for Christmas stuff! Originally we were going Friday to Monday and going to do the Christmas Party on Sunday night, but I screwed up and had put off buying the tickets, and they sold out a few days ago. So now we're going to go down Thursday and do the party on Friday :)

I had originally booked the DS Hilton with UR points, but when I tried to rebook it with Thursday night it was either way higher or didn't come up... so I looked at just Thursday night, and got a non-refundable rate at the Dolphin for 9323 UR points :thumbsup2 Flights are 13368 RR points roundtrip with CP. We're looking at just under $140 for resort fees for 4 nights, $22 for flight taxes, and paying for all food, etc at Disney with discounted GCs which is about $220 OOP for $450 in GCs. We've got Biergarten booked, but otherwise sticking to QS to be a little more budget minded. Add some cash to try the PP restaurant at DIA, and we're going to meet some fellow Dis'ers at the Dolphin for drinks and apps (and I'm going to try and use/share my extra drink cards).

If we didn't have all of these points (plus APs), we definitely couldn't justify it.
We’re doing something similar next weekend, only Universal instead. DS10 really wants to see the Wizarding World at Christmas and thinks we can’t since we are heading to Punta Cana for a Christmas so he is in for a real surprise! Royal Pacifc paid for with UR points, SW on points and CP, AP purchased in June, nephew works at Universal his employee discount (50% off for souvenirs!) so that just leaves food OOP! So excited!

For the Marriott points from twitter, is there a way to see what points have posted? I can tell we got the 1000 for the reply from the points balance but I can't tell if we got the sign up bonus when we connected the accounts. I didn't keep track of the exact number of points we had before linking the accounts. When I looked at the Activity list in the account it only shows our CC and nights earning/redemptions.

Oddball question - has anyone booked SPG "Nights and Flights?" I have a room booked at the Dolphin coming up - 6 nights for 50,000 spg points. It dawned on me today that I could pay another 20,000 SPG points and get 50,000 air miles via Nights and Flights, which is a 5 night package. I don't really need the miles right now, but it seems too good to pass up. I wonder if I could call SPG and convert what I have booked to the package?? Gonna post this over on the Swolphin thread as well.

I have booked the Nights and Flights when we had a 5 night stay at Disneyland. I didn't need to use the miles, but it was such a good deal that I went ahead and did the package. If you have the points, I would go for it.

For the Marriott points from twitter, is there a way to see what points have posted? I can tell we got the 1000 for the reply from the points balance but I can't tell if we got the sign up bonus when we connected the accounts. I didn't keep track of the exact number of points we had before linking the accounts. When I looked at the Activity list in the account it only shows our CC and nights earning/redemptions.

look again on Marriott.com. It should show u a list of what u got points for.

oGLW6Ht.png

look again on Marriott.com. It should show u a list of what u got points for.

oGLW6Ht.png

Yep, even logged out and logged back in again and nothing is showing in the Activity list. I just filtered by the Bonus category and the last Bonus type earning was in Nov. Last activity is showing 12/1 when we redeemed our reward night for next month's cruise. I did just get a banner offering to go back to the previous version of the Marriott site, maybe the new UI is goofing thing up. I'll try to get that to pop up again and see if the old view is better. Thanks!

DISchurners Reddit Group Update - I don't like to spam our board here over and over again but every month or so it seems people are asking questions on what this is all about so here is an update:

Once approved, click this link to access the site: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/

1) We now have 63 people in the group. If you want to see who is who check out this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/777y1j/roll_call_the_whos_who_of_dischurners/ (keep in mind that some people have different names there)

2) If anybody is applying for a new card (especially Chase cards and some AMEX cards) consider using a link to support a fellow DISchurner. EVERYBODY is welcome to post their links as well so please share yours on the appropriate threads. This has been a great way for us to repay each other for all the helpful comments and information shared here!

3) We have a handful of fun posts over there:
  • All My Cards, a thread to share all the cards you have gotten and anything you want to say about them... This thread I just created is a great place to share all the various cards you have...or you've had...and any redemption info/tips as well. You don't have to share all of them but you certainly can if you want. When looking at a new card it can be really helpful to talk to somebody who has already had it so this could be a cool resource for that as well!
  • Introduce yourself thread, a place to talk all about you and see people's backgrounds
  • A Guide on Plastiq by @Lain
  • An extensive guide to cashback through the AMEX Schwab platinum by me @SouthFayetteFan - for those interested in cashback, you can potentially earn $4,500 back on your next $18,000 in purchases
  • And of course the threads you can use to support other DISchurners and share your links.
4) I will say there is not a lot of discussion activity over there, and that is fine. I love that we're keeping the discussion here, but the Reddit group certainly has served its purpose ;)

If you want to join just PM @Albort or @SouthFayetteFan right here on the DIS with your Reddit name and we can get you added. You have to register for Reddit to participate. All verified DISboards members are welcome and it is a closed group so anybody not in our group can't see what you post there (the posts and comments are hidden from other reddit users).
I’ll have to sign up for reddit so I can join y’all.

I plan on getting Global Entry at least. Trying to plan when because of changing my name with getting married. I did SS office already, but decided to wait on DL because of this trip - it's booked in my maiden name, and so is my January ticket... My passport is also in my maiden name.

I did see TPG posted a 2 month trial membership for Clear, so I might do that for this trip and then January.

I did some more reading on this. Apparently, you should be able to go back and forth without going through security again... IF no international flights are coming in, then they have to close it with a temporary wall so those people have to exit... weird setup. It'll probably just depend on how busy it is next Monday night. The two times we've flown out of MCO we've ended up eating at a little pizza/pasta place, getting our order and eating it at the gate :crazy2: I'm not a fan. They get no more chances from me.

Not sure why I didn't think about using PP lounge at MCO on our last trip in October. Would have been nice considering we had a 2.5 hour wait at the gate to board our flight and it was freezing!! Since WDW trips are really the only flights we've been taking I honestly tend to forget about the lounge access we have.

DH and I received our KTNs and I added them on the SW site. Is there anything else I need to do to ensure we are allowed through the Pre-Check line for our trip on Dec 22nd? We're totally new to this so I have no idea if there's anything we need to have with us when we fly.

Not sure why I didn't think about using PP lounge at MCO on our last trip in October. Would have been nice considering we had a 2.5 hour wait at the gate to board our flight and it was freezing!! Since WDW trips are really the only flights we've been taking I honestly tend to forget about the lounge access we have.

DH and I received our KTNs and I added them on the SW site. Is there anything else I need to do to ensure we are allowed through the Pre-Check line for our trip on Dec 22nd? We're totally new to this so I have no idea if there's anything we need to have with us when we fly.

For Pre-Check that should be it. It should be printed right on your boarding pass when you check in. I had my KTN entered before I even bought our last set of tickets but as long as it's added to the reservation before they send the flight info to TSA you should be good. They did recommend to verify the name and dob on the reservation matches the PreCheck enrollment info. I didn't need any other documentation other than the usual.

For Pre-Check that should be it. It should be printed right on your boarding pass when you check in. I had my KTN entered before I even bought our last set of tickets but as long as it's added to the reservation before they send the flight info to TSA you should be good. They did recommend to verify the name and dob on the reservation matches the PreCheck enrollment info. I didn't need any other documentation other than the usual.

Thanks! I figured we wouldn't need any other documentation, but wanted to ask to be sure.

Yep, even logged out and logged back in again and nothing is showing in the Activity list. I just filtered by the Bonus category and the last Bonus type earning was in Nov. Last activity is showing 12/1 when we redeemed our reward night for next month's cruise. I did just get a banner offering to go back to the previous version of the Marriott site, maybe the new UI is goofing thing up. I'll try to get that to pop up again and see if the old view is better. Thanks!

i checked awardwallet and it shows up there for me as well. hopefully that would work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter