I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this work? Can you go through the Chase portal or are you cashing out points? I want to get 4 TSA Pre-checks this year and can only get one on my future CSR. Though I might need the others for MinSpend.

you pay for it online... chase will give u a $85 credit. would suggest a GE though if you do international travel. TSA pre unofficially works if 1 person has it, the other 3 may also get it because of the one(higher chance if under the same reservation). Officially, its not suppose to work. ie, i have GE, my parents got TSA Pre with me. YMMV.

Just realized my dh paid a couple big bills with his spg personal so it's all done now! Great, right? Except I was waiting to get another card and now I have a $1000 to pay to the oral surgeon on Friday when my younger dd gets her wisdom teeth out. Any of the Amex cards ship out fast lol? Seems like the SPG biz has been taking awhile. What about the Delta Gold biz?

My Delta Gold biz took about as long as my SPG biz. 10 days from approval to receipt. I've never tried to call Amex to see if they will expedite though.....
They expedited my last 2 Biz cards without asking. Both shipped UPS and arrived in 3-4 Biz days. @wendow - perhaps ask if the oral surgeon would let you pay next week. Or could they refund and charge on the correct card. If you ask in advance maybe they’ll accommodate you :)

Just realized my dh paid a couple big bills with his spg personal so it's all done now! Great, right? Except I was waiting to get another card and now I have a $1000 to pay to the oral surgeon on Friday when my younger dd gets her wisdom teeth out. Any of the Amex cards ship out fast lol? Seems like the SPG biz has been taking awhile. What about the Delta Gold biz?

Can you reschedule the surgery a week or more out? That’ll give you more time to get another card in the mail. I’ve read that you can get the SPG Biz expedited, but most front line agents won’t be able to do it; you’ll need to call in and escalate the issue. You could say you have an upcoming expense you’d really like to use the card’s benefits for.

Ouch, that is a high bill. I had to pay almost $500 for my DD in December for hers. Helped me do my double dip CSR/CSP spend. We got back our EOB from insurance last month and turns out they paid almost all of it. We got over $400 check returned to us from oral surgeon! Was a nice surprise! Maybe you can just put a deposit down and they will let you pay rest as soon as you can get a new card in. Hope it goes well for her.

Can you reschedule the surgery a week or more out? That’ll give you more time to get another card in the mail. I’ve read that you can get the SPG Biz expedited, but most front line agents won’t be able to do it; you’ll need to call in and escalate the issue. You could say you have an upcoming expense you’d really like to use the card’s benefits for.

I don't know about her oral surgeon, but ours was scheduling months out. I think we started the process in August and teeth came out in December. That is just how busy they were.

How does this work? Can you go through the Chase portal or are you cashing out points? I want to get 4 TSA Pre-checks this year and can only get one on my future CSR. Though I might need the others for MinSpend.
CSR will cover one Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check. From my understanding you just pay with the card and get a credit. I haven't used my credit yet.

United Mileage Plus points can be redeemed for up to 10 TSA Pre-check codes per year to be used by you, friends or family. 10,000 United MileagePlus® miles covers the $85 application fee. I have no experience, just something I found while searching out a way to try and get Pre-check for all of us.
https://securityfees.mileageplus.com/

TSA pre unofficially works if 1 person has it, the other 3 may also get it because of the one(higher chance if under the same reservation). Officially, its not suppose to work. ie, i have GE, my parents got TSA Pre with me. YMMV.
That is interesting to know. I did accidently book all of us on one SW reservation, and regrettably I now need to cancel one. So possibly if one of us have TSA Pre, we may all qualify? I'm willing to get it for myself, husband and littles, but I think if the college grads want it, they can pay for it or whatever. I really just need to break down and get passports for my husband and myself, then get him a CSR and then get our GE.

Quick question:

1) Since SPG Biz doesn't count against personal 5/24 there isn't a reason not to add my DH as an AU, correct?
2) What is the best month to open and meet min spend the Chase SW+Biz to maximize the CP?

I am planning out my cards for the next year. Or two.

Grrrr...Just finished checking off receipts for my latest CSR bill and see that my DH charged things that I specifically told him should be back on the FU (after meeting minimum spend on his CSP) on the CSR. So irritating!! I *hate* leaving any points on the table. Overall, he does a pretty good job using the correct cards, but I just don't understand why it is so difficult to follow instructions. He even had a text giving those specific instructions that he could have referred back to. End of rant....
Ugh. My DH too. We have a new Discover Card, gas is 5% (double first year). Even though his cards have stickers indicating where to use them I look at recent statements and see he put gas on CSP. Multiple times. He doesn’t want to carry more than 2 cards either. :sad2:

Roomipay was open for a brief moment today at 0%, it's now at 2%. Does it code at 3x on anything, like maybe CIP?

https://roomi.formstack.com/forms/roomipay_mt_35t0087ahg_pntz

Nope.

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...on_thread_february_20_2018/dujeewf/?context=3

ETA: one DP says Roomipay codes as computer store on Amex. That might mean you could earn 3x MR on the Amex BRG.

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...on_thread_february_18_2018/dugcn6q/?context=3

Last edited:
I know. Both DH and I are working on Marriott Biz MSR right now. We aren't big spenders, so its tough! I prepaid electric + had a pretty big vet bill (had to put our sweet kitty down this morning - sad) + paying car insurance bills. The rest will go to GOC cards, which I guess is ok as long as I'm not working on an Amex MSR.
So sorry about your kitty.

Chase Freedom Q2 Categories are now official: Groceries, Chase Pay, Paypal...this could get interesting :ssst:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-freedom-q2-2018-grocery-chase-pay-paypal/

Sweet, have to add my Freedom to my PayPal now. Guess I'll hold off paying some dues for another couple weeks. If only they did it Q1 or even Q4 last year! For some reason I've used PayPal a ton the last few months... so that probably means I'm out of shopping just in time for the rewards :laughing:

Alright, so I just posted a few days ago about using our Chase UR points to book most of our trip to Hong Kong...and I am already planning the next adventure. And I want to run it passed you guys to make sure I am understanding things correctly. (My test case, should be a lot easier than some of the stuff you guys are doing, lol. Not trying to do a bunch of fancy tricks.)

Goal: DH, my Dad and I want to go to Tokyo Disneyland for a week during Nov/Dec.

I have been trying to price flights since before Christmas already, there are no deals at all for airfare to get us from Denver to Tokyo. The first option that comes up is the United N/S flight from DIA to NRT but that is $2156 per person and never seems to go on sale. Even if discounts with itineraries through the west coast, eventually come out, I would still prefer the N/S flight. United Award Saver fares are 35,000 miles each way so 70,000 per person total. Taxes & fees are $47 per ticket. I have looked at availability and even looking just 6 weeks out, for this flight there are Saver awards available @35,000. So it doesn't look like by the time we collect our bonus miles and book hopefully in August that availability would be a problem. Is this a valid expectation? (Business/FC is another story, but we are okay toughing it out in Economy).

DH has 2 Chase cards. I am AU on 2 Chase cards, Dad has 1 Chase card. (we are just babes, in this game). So no worries about 5/24.

Plan:

All three of us apply for the United Mileage Explorer Card. Current offer, expires Thursday. 50,000 pts with a $3000/3 months MSR, $95 AF waived the first year

My Dad, after he completes that MSR, he applies for the CSP (he doesn't travel/spend enough to make the CSR worth it). Current offer, I found a link that is 60,000 pts with $4000/3 months MSR but the AF is not waived, also there is 50,000 pts with same MSR but the $95 AF is waived first year.

Result:

Dad earns: 100,000 or 110,000 between the two cards, just from bonuses. So he has his 70,000.

DH and I both earn 53,000 (including original spend). Need additional 17,000 each. Currently have 31,000 UR. I am an AU on the CSR so we can transfer to either of our United accounts (correct?). I expect we can make up the 3K deficit either A. United miles from our HK trip (booked through the Chase portal, so we still get miles on United, correct?) B. Pending UR on CSR from our Disney hotel booking in HK. C. Additional spend, on either card.

So anything I have wrong or need to think about? Does the clock for the bonus points posting start as soon as you reach MSR (if we get done early) or after the 3 month period ends?

Dad doesn't want to work on MSR on both cards at the same time because he isn't confident he can reach the MSR that way (his spending is down now that my Mom is gone, but he does tend to use a CC for everything now, so he can reach the MSR one card at a time).

Thanks!

I don't know about her oral surgeon, but ours was scheduling months out. I think we started the process in August and teeth came out in December. That is just how busy they were.

Its the same here .We been scheduled for months. And the wisdom teeth are messing with my dds orthodontics so we need them out. I wish ours wasn't costing so much! We are expecting another bill in a few weeks for another $300 or so. Our insurance just isn't covering much I guess.

Its the same here .We been scheduled for months. And the wisdom teeth are messing with my dds orthodontics so we need them out. I wish ours wasn't costing so much! We are expecting another bill in a few weeks for another $300 or so. Our insurance just isn't covering much I guess.

If you’re thinking about the SPG Biz to put some of this spend on, go for it. Getting it expedited is possible, you just have to work for it.

See: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...ssion_thread_march_09_2018/dvg02ca/?context=3

you pay for it online... chase will give u a $85 credit. would suggest a GE though if you do international travel. TSA pre unofficially works if 1 person has it, the other 3 may also get it because of the one(higher chance if under the same reservation). Officially, its not suppose to work. ie, i have GE, my parents got TSA Pre with me. YMMV.

I always wondered if that might happen. Haven't got to try it yet. The last 2 flights I tried to book us on one reservation but it never worked out.
Fortunately I tend to pick cheap flights which usually means off hours so security has only been 20 minutes tops... but for some reason that extra 15 minutes waiting for hubby feels. like. for. ever. when you're on the other side.

Another thought, although the odds are not, are your parent's by any chance considered senior citizens? My FIL got selected for PreCheck and we assumed it was because he's in his 70's. The last flight I booked for him but he wasn't on my reservation and this flight he did on his own and I think he still got it, so that's why we were thinking it was his age that triggered it.

I can't reschedule. I applied for the delta gold biz and I think I was approved. Bit confusing. Said I'd have my card in 2-3 biz days.

Used a dischurners link, of course!

That is interesting to know. I did accidently book all of us on one SW reservation, and regrettably I now need to cancel one. So possibly if one of us have TSA Pre, we may all qualify? I'm willing to get it for myself, husband and littles, but I think if the college grads want it, they can pay for it or whatever. I really just need to break down and get passports for my husband and myself, then get him a CSR and then get our GE.

Theres a lot of DP showing this is true on Flyertalk. But the DP on disboard is quite the opposite haha. but yes, you have a higher chance of getting TSA pre for everyone if the main account holder has one. Theres also a non-fee way of getting GE if your interested in that.

Quick question:

1) Since SPG Biz doesn't count against personal 5/24 there isn't a reason not to add my DH as an AU, correct?
2) What is the best month to open and meet min spend the Chase SW+Biz to maximize the CP?

I am planning out my cards for the next year. Or two.

1) correct.
2) i probably say in Nov dec, MSR completed in Jan, u get CP for all of that year + next year. someone correct me if im wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!