I Made a Ringtone!

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
Folks, I'm no techie but I upgraded my cell phone which got me onto my sorry ringtones that came with it. Since it tis the season approaching Halloween I was listening to my mp3 library of WDW music and in listening to the Haunted Mansion "Grim Grinning Ghosts" it struck me that the first 12 seconds would make a good seasonal ringtone.

I downloaded a simple utility from cnet.com called "mptrim" (I had to search on the phrase "mp3 trim" to get it to come up). It is very basic in that it trims off a front portion and back portion from an mp3 and what's left is your ringtone. So I set it to trim off zero seconds on the front and 53 seconds off the back which left me the first 12 seconds.

For you audiophiles out there the 12 second mark does not break the song EXACTLY in a perfectly clean musical spot but it's "good enough". It also has some basic fade-in and fade-out options so I used the briefest fade available on the end.

I checked my wireless carrier's ringtone-for-purchase selection and they don't have a Haunted Mansion or Grim Grinning Ghost ringtone that I could find. (They did have one from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride that sounded pretty good, though). I paid for the CD that had the song and the utility was free so I don't think I have a copyright issue.

If anyone wants to hear what it sounds like PM me with your email address. It's a small file-only 380kb and I'll send it to you.

Bama ED :wizard:

I have a utility that allows you to edit any mp3 starting and stopping wherever you want to. Let me look for it tonight. My daughter's ring tone is The Tigger Song - Debbie's is It's a Small World. -- my son's is Hinder's Go Home & Get Stoned! Go figure ! :lmao:

I have a utility that allows you to edit any mp3 starting and stopping wherever you want to. Let me look for it tonight. My daughter's ring tone is The Tigger Song - Debbie's is It's a Small World. -- my son's is Hinder's Go Home & Get Stoned! Go figure ! :lmao:

Because the "text" is so much better when youre mad at me?

I have Grim Grinning Ghosts as my ringtone. My phone is also an MP3 player and I downloaded a bunch of Disney sounds off the internet, and just picked one of them as my ringtone, no puter adjusting or anything.

Carol,

Hey, great minds think alike! :rotfl2:

I chopped mine down to save space and so I could let it ring and loop around and replay so I could listen to it again and again (before I answer the darn thing...)

Bama ED

Ed, that is one sweet ringtone, I really liked that..I would even like that after halloween. Thanks for sharing! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter