I made too much chicken spaghetti

Rafikifan

DIS Veteran
I made some awesome chicken spaghetti last night. DH, dd, and I ate LOTS. DH and I just had some leftovers for lunch. DS who wasn't here last night for dinner ate some. Other ds is picky and won't eat it. I still have a lot. It's too good to throw away BUT I doubt that with the pasta and cheese it will freeze well. :confused3 Has anyone tried freezing it?

Sorry - I've never had this, but it sure sounds good! :teeth: Care to post the recipe?

You can freeze lasagna pretty well with the pasta & cheese. Of course those are large flat noodles...I don't know how spaghetti noodles would come out. :confused3

Yes, you can. I've frozen my recipe for chicken spaghetti and although it may not be the same as yours, it's similar, I'm sure. I have frozen casseroles with spaghetti many times. In fact I often double or triple up when I make a casserole so I can freeze for another week.

Enjoy!

I would freeze small portions to use for lunches - if budget gourmet can do it, you can!

I've frozen loads of pasta dishes - when my kids were little I'd make huge quantities of Annable Karmel recipes and freeze them in portions to take to the childminder

Working mum guilt or what!

I am so sorry. I haven't checked back on this thread in a while. The wonderful thing about chicken spaghetti is that you can add or leave out the ingredients your family may or may not like. I don't go by a written recipe and adjust how much of what I put in it according to how many people I want to feed.

1. Boil chicken. You may use any cut that you prefer.

2. Let chicken cool and cut into pieces. Reserve chicken broth.

3. In a skillet, saute chopped onion and chopped celery in butter and set aside.

4. In a saucepan, combine Velveeta cheese (cubed for easier melting), 1 - 2 cans of Rotel diced tomatoes with chiles, 1 can cream of chicken soup, and one can of either cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup, or both depending on how much pasta you are using. Add celery / onion mixture, about 1/4 of a cup of milk, a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Canned or jarred mushrooms, black olives, and a small jar of diced pimentos are great additions.

5. In reserved chicken broth, boil spaghetti. Drain and add the cheese/soup mixture to the pasta, add chicken, mix and let simmer.

I probably made this sound a lot harder than it is. Everyone seems to love it. It is great for leftovers. I think it actually tastes better the next day. Hope this helps. Any questions, feel free to ask!

I make a similar recipe to Rafikifan's, but we call it Rotel Chicken and it doesn't have the cream soups. Here's the recipe that our family refers to as Chicken Spaghetti:

Chicken Spaghetti
1 whole chicken, cooked and cut into smallish pieces (as desired)
1 8 oz. pakg. spaghetti
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 TBS. chopped pimento
1/2 cup tomato juice
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 lb. cheddar cheese (Save 1/2 cup cheese for topping)

Combine everything, place in casserole, top with 1/2 cup cheese, bake at 350 for approx. 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter