I more question before I go.

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
Wahoooo look at my counter.......

I have been researching this trip for about 6 months and I am afraid I am missing something. When we arrive at Disney do they give you information on what is avail....ie campfire....etc I have tried to write everything down but I know I am forgetting something.

Is there a channel on the TV that maybe states park hours and parades for that day??? Again campfire and what movie is offered??? Thanks for all the help.. YOu have all helped make this what I know will be a unforgettable trip.

Ooohhh maybe 1 more question. Is there 1 thing you can recommend that we not miss???

If you have any questions about times for anything go to the Guest Relations Desk & they'll be able to help you & book a special meal for you.

The campfire is fun, but Hoop Dee Doo Review is also fun. Just relax & enjoy yourself, but don't try to do too much!

Have a wonderful trip.

Geri

Getting a little nervous? Now that you're so close the #1 thing to remember is...is...I had it a minute ago. Well anyway, there is a channel on the TV in the room thatlists all the fun things to do for the day. It's faster to ask Guest Relations. They are extremely helpful.

...and the #1 thing to remember? Relax and take your time. You won't do yourself any favors by rushing through to get more done. Stop and smell the roses or see the sights and have a great time!

I would have to say Illuminations. Every time I see it I am impressed. Have a great time and don't worry that you might miss something...just enjoy it!! I don't know if you are going with children, but some of my favorite memories are the looks on my kids faces.

By the way - the first time we went, I had researched everything to the point that my entire family was making fun of me. By day 2 of the vacation, each one had THANKED me for planning. We witnessed a lot of people standing around with the "what do we do next" look on their faces. I am a little more "go with the flow" now, because we've all been there a few times, but planning was crucial to our first visit. You will not regret it. Have a great time!!!

Have a great time on your trip. I'm the planner in my family too and everyone always thanks me for a great trip. First I hope you realize that you will miss some things. This is the beauty of Disney. On your way home you will be saying things like "On our next trip, we should...."

If you're staying at FW, try to do HDD. It is a fun show and my family enjoys it.

But here is a list of not-to-miss things for my family...

The Mountains
One character breakfast
Illuminations
Chef Mickeys
Renting a Mouse
Autograph books (even for older kids)

Again have a great time.

There is a channel on the resort tv that shows park hours (and I think it includes times for parades, fireworks and Illuminations). But, there was nothing on the channel about the campfire program or the Electrical Water Pageant. Guest Relations can give you details, but if you don't know to ask about some things, they may or may not offer you information on some events.

By the way, here is a link with the campfire program schedule for 10/03:
http://www.disneycampers.com/Camp_Fire_Movie/2003/Campfire_Movie_Schedule_October_2003.htm

Have a magical vacation! Of course don't miss any of the biggies like Fantasmic, TofT, Illuminations, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, and of course Philharmagic, Mission Space, and Wishes (haven't seen the last three yet!). For some less-often mentioned attractions try Dinosaur at AK, Impressions de France and Spaceship Earth at Epcot, Carousel of Progress and Tomorrowland Transit Authority at MK, and Millionaire and the Animation tour at MGM. I guess some of these depend on the age of your kids. Who are you taking?

As far as the daily schedule, everywhere you go there are paper schedules for each park at the entrance and they have that day's parades and shows. These were great, because I was so excited my memory jsut went on me, and I referred to these little schedules constantly - oh, and when I got home, I used some of them for the scrapbook.

You sound just like me, so I'm really excited for you to be going. I know how the planning is and how much fun it is, but also very time consuming. Enjoy yourself!

I would say try not to miss O'hanas if you can squeeze it in. Very worth it for the food and for the experience for the kids. Unbelievable, IMHO. Out of all the rides and everything, 50's Prime Time Cafe and O'Hanas were the one thing my kids STILL talk about! We loved them both...

Good luck!

Melissa

Take the time to Relax and enjoy your surroundings, notice the smiles and the kids faces (if your traveling with kids) and notice when its time to find a bench a people watch for a while. And definitely get a dole whip!

Have a great time and don't worry about what you miss it will still be there for next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter